Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 597979 times)

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #2805 on: May 13, 2020, 09:46:00 AM »
UP NEXT ON THE LIVE SPORTS CHANNEL. THE CLASSIC BLACK WHITE RIVALRY

STAY TUNED FOR MORE LIVE SPORTS TOMORROW
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2806 on: May 13, 2020, 11:24:15 AM »
I hide from them too.

:-[

Speaking of centipedes, I saw this one on my bike ride yesterday.  About 5 inches long, with long pinchers at the end, it came out of the grass and weeds on the side of the trail when I stopped to look at something else.

Every other centipede I've seen was tiny, less than 1 inch - I had no idea we had anything like this around here.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2807 on: May 13, 2020, 11:35:09 AM »
Penguins are fruits.

I believe they are categorized as flightless birds
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2808 on: May 13, 2020, 11:39:31 AM »

I believe they are categorized as flightless birds
And they have flightless bird parades too. After that they all meet up at the flightless bird bar. "The Guin Hole"  They're a shifty bunch I tell ya!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2809 on: May 13, 2020, 11:47:07 AM »
Speaking of centipedes, I saw this one on my bike ride yesterday.  About 5 inches long, with long pinchers at the end, it came out of the grass and weeds on the side of the trail when I stopped to look at something else.

Every other centipede I've seen was tiny, less than 1 inch - I had no idea we had anything like this around here.

@PB I've handled 15 ft snakes with no angst whatsoever but those lil critters make me scream like a frightened schoolgirl.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2810 on: May 13, 2020, 12:40:13 PM »
@PB I've handled 15 ft snakes with no angst whatsoever but those lil critters make me scream like a frightened schoolgirl.

Where were you that you were handling 15 ft snakes?  The biggest one I've seen in the wild was a rattlesnake that had to have been 10 ft long on a backpacking trip to Yosemite

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2811 on: May 13, 2020, 01:52:43 PM »
Where were you that you were handling 15 ft snakes?  The biggest one I've seen in the wild was a rattlesnake that had to have been 10 ft long on a backpacking trip to Yosemite

@KSM32  has a reputation for overestimating lengths

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2812 on: May 13, 2020, 02:11:34 PM »
@KSM32  has a reputation for overestimating lengths
@TigerLily How's you depth perception? Lady goofball ::)

@PB 2009 Edgar, in a little shithole town called Vanderhoof. He was a an apex predator python - very docile but could definitely do some damage. that guy had all kinds of reptiles and medicine ball sized Turtles in his huge basement. It was like Jurassic World down there and illegal as hell but the conditions were tropical and everybody seemed happy. I was there to buy his (4 ft at the time) female ball python, Betty. Hard to get her to pose but she's about 5 ft now and seems to be holding.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

[attachment[/attachment]

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2813 on: May 13, 2020, 02:39:31 PM »
@TigerLily How's you depth perception? Lady goofball ::)

@PB 2009 Edgar, in a little shithole town called Vanderhoof. He was a an apex predator python - very docile but could definitely do some damage. that guy had all kinds of reptiles and medicine ball sized Turtles in his huge basement. It was like Jurassic World down there and illegal as hell but the conditions were tropical and everybody seemed happy. I was there to buy his (4 ft at the time) female ball python, Betty. Hard to get her to pose but she's about 5 ft now and seems to be holding.

There is a reptile store in Berkeley that has all sorts of snakes, lizards, turtles, etc.  I used to take my kids to the zoo all the time, but sometimes if they wanted to go and I didn't want to drive to SF or Oakland sometimes we'd go there instead.  Fortunately we never came home with any..

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #2814 on: May 13, 2020, 02:46:38 PM »
A friend in HS bought a baby iguana.  They let it roam around the house.  I was there once when it scared off a couple visitors who didn't realize it was real until it moved (heh, good times).  He gave it back to the pet shop a few years later when it was something like 12-15 ft long

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #2815 on: May 13, 2020, 02:51:02 PM »
A friend in HS bought a baby iguana.  They let it roam around the house.  I was there once when it scared off a couple visitors who didn't realize it was real until it moved (heh, good times).  He gave it back to the pet shop a few years later when it was something like 12-15 ft long

That’s Jurassic size.  The biggest I have seen were 6-7 feet in Bonaire. 
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2816 on: May 13, 2020, 03:09:38 PM »
WTF  :o Might as well have a Komodo Dragon running around the house. No. Thanks.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #2817 on: May 13, 2020, 03:13:23 PM »

My Mom had an iguana she let roam the house for awhile too- she thought it was male and my brother named it Hank. Hank laid eggs at some point.  ::) Hank was mean - she’d chase the dogs off their food so she could eat it and beat the shit out of the dogs with her tail if they came close.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #2818 on: May 13, 2020, 03:16:17 PM »

@KSM32 I love the 2nd pic!
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2819 on: May 13, 2020, 03:17:48 PM »
@KSM32 I love the 2nd pic!
I will tell her :)

She's out on the back lawn right now.

My Mom had an iguana she let roam the house for awhile too- she thought it was male and my brother named it Hank. Hank laid eggs at some point.  ::) Hank was mean - she’d chase the dogs off their food so she could eat it and beat the shit out of the dogs with her tail if they came close.
A female named Hank? No wonder she was "mean"