Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 597560 times)

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Just another day in Falkieland.
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #3765 on: June 04, 2021, 07:53:16 PM »
Big John’s beans were excellent.  Probably had enough sugar added to require insulin supplementation but great tasting, none the less.  Right up there with Manwich.  Served as a combo, probably fatal.

Two of my favorite food memories, especially Big John’s.  You are missed. 😢

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #3766 on: June 08, 2021, 04:30:39 AM »
@ShayP what kind of sandwiches are you making this week. Pennsylvania is having a heat wave. Oh boy!

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #3767 on: June 08, 2021, 05:38:25 AM »
@ShayP what kind of sandwiches are you making this week. Pennsylvania is having a heat wave. Oh boy!

No sandwiches. @FISH  I did take a page out of your book and just munched on some nice fresh crusty Italian bread with butter yesterday.  ;)  Nothing else during that meal.  Just yummy bread and butter while the others had a bigger meal.  :)  I can't tell you how many times I was asked "Is that all you're gonna have?"  ;D

It hit 90 on Saturday and that happened to be the day I volunteered to paint the outside of my aunt's house.  ShayP does not do well in the heat, especially when the sun is strong.   :(

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #3768 on: June 08, 2021, 06:07:19 AM »
No sandwiches. @FISH  I did take a page out of your book and just munched on some nice fresh crusty Italian bread with butter yesterday.  ;)  Nothing else during that meal.  Just yummy bread and butter while the others had a bigger meal.  :)  I can't tell you how many times I was asked "Is that all you're gonna have?"  ;D

It hit 90 on Saturday and that happened to be the day I volunteered to paint the outside of my aunt's house.  ShayP does not do well in the heat, especially when the sun is strong.   :(

@ShayP , as you know a fish will fry in the heat.  ::)
I am waiting for some Jersey tomatoes and corn to grow. I have to remember what to eat when it is hit the 90's. You are a good guy to paint your aunt's house--OUTSIDE.
I have a friend who likes to bake bread. Maybe I will give her a call this week. I have a city container garden in my back yard. This heat is something else.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #3769 on: June 08, 2021, 06:26:07 AM »
@ShayP , as you know a fish will fry in the heat.  ::)
I am waiting for some Jersey tomatoes and corn to grow. I have to remember what to eat when it is hit the 90's. You are a good guy to paint your aunt's house--OUTSIDE.
I have a friend who likes to bake bread. Maybe I will give her a call this week. I have a city container garden in my back yard. This heat is something else.

@FISH   Where my aunt lives is one of the neighborhoods I grew up in.  She didn't live there when I did though.  It's always nice to go there and look around and see how it's changed.  Lot's of memories.  Lot's of changes.  The row house where I lived is gone.  The adjacent ones that shared the common walls are still there, but where I lived is just an empty space.

I wish I could bake bread.  I am not good at baking.  I can do Focaccia and biscuits, that's it.  I wish my grandmother would've left her recipes.  She made some great breads.

Speaking of tomatoes, your post reminded me that I forgot to get some yesterday.  ;D

Give your friend a call!  Get that bread!  And stay out of the heat.  ;)

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #3770 on: June 08, 2021, 06:54:23 AM »
And here it is freezing - only into the mid-80s.  Where is my global warming?  Is it hot enough for my tomatoes?
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3771 on: June 08, 2021, 11:24:11 AM »
@FISH   Where my aunt lives is one of the neighborhoods I grew up in.  She didn't live there when I did though.  It's always nice to go there and look around and see how it's changed.  Lot's of memories.  Lot's of changes.  The row house where I lived is gone.  The adjacent ones that shared the common walls are still there, but where I lived is just an empty space.
@ShayP  That sounds so sad and final. You should go set up a tent in the empty space and camp for a weekend. Who knows.. maybe if you look around you'll find an old toy of yours or something sticking out of the dirt like Big Jim's head! The dirt might have perfectly preserved him. Playtime!!

PS  I'll bring beer, whiskey, and my old Hot Wheels collection!  ..and let's not forget my army men!  :D

*while emptying out my duffel bag of toys a giant pink dido falls out* * "SHIT! Umm, how the fuck how did that get in there" *

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #3772 on: June 08, 2021, 02:49:11 PM »
@ShayP  That sounds so sad and final. You should go set up a tent in the empty space and camp for a weekend. Who knows.. maybe if you look around you'll find an old toy of yours or something sticking out of the dirt like Big Jim's head! The dirt might have perfectly preserved him. Playtime!!

PS  I'll bring beer, whiskey, and my old Hot Wheels collection!  ..and let's not forget my army men!  :D

*while emptying out my duffel bag of toys a giant pink dido falls out* * "SHIT! Umm, how the fuck how did that get in there" *

Playtime would be fun! @KSM  I'll bring army men too.  Our battlefield will be epic.  Hot Wheels?  Cool.  I was more of a Matchbox kid.  Once we set up our soldiers we can pretend the dildo is an alien space craft zooming down to drop loads on our troops.   :D

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #3773 on: June 08, 2021, 03:16:01 PM »
Playtime would be fun! @KSM  I'll bring army men too.  Our battlefield will be epic.  Hot Wheels?  Cool.  I was more of a Matchbox kid.  Once we set up our soldiers we can pretend the dildo is an alien space craft zooming down to drop loads on our troops.   :D
Cool!  Can I come if I bring some neat Remco stuff?

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #3774 on: June 08, 2021, 03:28:18 PM »

Absolutely!  I was unaware of these toys and now I feel I must seek them out.  Wow.  I would've loved to have them as a kid.  The car wash not so much, but it's cool.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #3775 on: June 08, 2021, 03:34:33 PM »
Absolutely!  I was unaware of these toys and now I feel I must seek them out.  Wow.  I would've loved to have them as a kid.  The car wash not so much, but it's cool.
I’ll have to admit the late 50’s and the 60’s had some really great stuff to play with.  Remco gadgets, Mattel guns, even ones that actually shot cap propelled projectiles, plus machine guns, even bazookas!  ;D

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #3776 on: June 08, 2021, 03:34:48 PM »
Need any air support?

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #3777 on: June 08, 2021, 03:46:35 PM »
Not getting any of those toys prepared me for a lifetime of disappointment.
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #3778 on: June 08, 2021, 03:47:15 PM »

I had a red car wash that looked similar to the one in the ad.

Brought back other childhood memories... Weird.
Eh, nevermind...

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #3779 on: June 08, 2021, 03:49:23 PM »
I’ll have to admit the late 50’s and the 60’s had some really great stuff to play with.  Remco gadgets, Mattel guns, even ones that actually shot cap propelled projectiles, plus machine guns, even bazookas!  ;D

I thought I had cool toys in the 70's but these are great.  Kids nowadays, at least I think, don't "play guns" or army anymore but my friends and I would've had a blast back in the day.  (no pun intended)   ;)