Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 597554 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #3810 on: June 09, 2021, 03:03:59 PM »

I had tacos for dinner last night. How do you know yours are better?
For the most part it is all how you treat the meat. In this case ground beef, nice n simple. i do not use a seasoning pack but rather my own seasoning that consists of a tex-mex seasoning as a base and adding chili powder, pinch of hot smoky paprika, onion and garlic powder and of course S&P.
Brown the meat and strain if needed.
Add the seasoning stuff and a little water to evenly distribute.
After water is almost all evaporated toss the meat mix into the food processor and pulse a few times until the meat is a nice fine (not too fine) consistency. Optional - add a little salsa to the above just before pulsing.  This is the base of your taco. You're welcome @anniem  :)

Ugh why do I feel like @ShayP is going to call me out on this method.   8)

Micro Aggression!  Cultural Appropriation!  Nouveau Colonialism!  White Supremacy!

The mind reels

Actual laugh out loud here :D   Well, to be honest, the LOL was right after I Self-flagellated of course.

whoozit

• Elluminati
« Reply #3811 on: June 09, 2021, 03:07:49 PM »
What culture invented breathing?   The rest must stop because of cultural appropriation.

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #3812 on: June 09, 2021, 03:11:49 PM »
For the most part it is all how you treat the meat. In this case ground beef, nice n simple. i do not use a seasoning pack but rather my own seasoning that consists of a tex-mex seasoning as a base and adding chili powder, pinch of hot smoky paprika, onion and garlic powder and of course S&P.
Brown the meat and strain if needed.
Add the seasoning stuff and a little water to evenly distribute.
After water is almost all evaporated toss the meat mix into the food processor and pulse a few times until the meat is a nice fine (not too fine) consistency. Optional - add a little salsa to the above just before pulsing.  This is the base of your taco. You're welcome @anniem  :)

Ugh why do I feel like @ShayP is going to call me out on this method.   8)

Actual laugh out loud here :D   Well, to be honest, the LOL was right after I Self-flagellated of course.

Explain the tortilla. Store-bought pre-shaped, quick fried in a skillet, microwaved, a quick heat up on the burner? Any seasoning?

fancy taco holder
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3813 on: June 09, 2021, 03:15:27 PM »

Wow. You guys are all in knots over your White Supremacy. Just relax and promise not to do it again. Besides is this not a political thread?
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3814 on: June 09, 2021, 03:15:58 PM »
Explain the tortilla. Store-bought pre-shaped, quick fried in a skillet, microwaved? Any seasoning?
Slightly heated hard shell classic taco, honey. @TigerLily

problem   ?

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #3815 on: June 09, 2021, 03:26:03 PM »
Mexican food is as boring as Italian food.  How about pollo saltado or a good fat hen pilau or maybe Minorcan chowder?  Or ropa vieja if you can afford beef.
Merry Christmas

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3816 on: June 09, 2021, 03:27:12 PM »
Slightly heated hard shell classic taco, honey. @TigerLily

problem   ?

Just asking. I take my taco making seriously. Yours sound yummy. Not sure about the shell though

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #3817 on: June 09, 2021, 03:28:42 PM »
Now I have taco holder envy.  Is that a sin?

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3818 on: June 09, 2021, 03:33:51 PM »
Now I have taco holder envy.  Is that a sin?

I know. That is lovely isn't it? How do we live without. Your first item for your Christmas list

I don't think acquisition is a sin so you might be ok

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3819 on: June 09, 2021, 03:51:14 PM »
Just asking. I take my taco making seriously. Yours sound yummy. Not sure about the shell though

Well then you should try my meat. Season to taste and enjoy.  @TigerLily

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #3820 on: June 09, 2021, 04:09:17 PM »
Wow. You guys are all in knots over your White Supremacy. Just relax and promise not to do it again. Besides is this not a political thread?

Just admit it. You hate White people.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #3821 on: June 09, 2021, 04:12:33 PM »
What culture invented breathing?   The rest must stop because of cultural appropriation.

Next are the turd droppers.  Sometimes cultural appropriation picks up somebody's bad habit!
Eh, nevermind...

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #3822 on: June 09, 2021, 04:14:27 PM »
Yep.  I can't remember the last time I saw kids throwing a ball around, riding bikes, or doing anything for that matter.  It may sound lame, but is 'hide and seek' a thing anymore?  Tag?  I just don't see kids playing. 

I'm not that old.  I'm 50.  From what I've seen over the years, there is no life in neighborhoods anymore.  At least those I've lived in over the last 15+ years.

My friends and I would play football in the street.  I grew up in the inner city.  The only thing you had to do was yell "CAR!"  Sidewalks were out of bounds and the telephone poles were the goal lines.  Ah...memories.

I never hear or see playing kids either. It's not just because of COVID-19. It's due to fundamental changes in society. Of course, they can't play street football while they stare at their cellphones.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #3823 on: June 09, 2021, 04:16:32 PM »
The ones who do are feral little fucks destined for a life incarcerated.

What's the difference? Those poor kids already were incarcerated due to the coronavirus.

Nucky Nolan

• Ellevated
« Reply #3824 on: June 09, 2021, 04:19:09 PM »
Back when the only busybodies were the little old ladies that lived down the block.

Now snowflakes come in all ages - many exactly alike..

Zoomers complain like elders now. "I was diagnosed with ADD, autism, BPD, OCD,...."