Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 597622 times)

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #4350 on: October 11, 2021, 03:31:57 PM »
My motivation for an attack on Puerto Rico may be very selfish and petty.
I am still a bitter bitch about that prick Bud Selig and his 22 games in Puerto Rico.
I also am responsible for creating the term "Poverty Reekhole" to describe the place in a song that played a few times and then was banned from sports radio. The lyrics were horrifficly insensitive!

22 games played in the reekhole
Locals with no money means noone will go.
Bud has a plan for 2004
He will charge them a tax for every run that they score

There, I feel unburdened!

I can add this about Puerto Ricans. We had a Puerto Rican family move in right next door - looking for better economic opportunity.  They moved in during the summer and moved out the following spring. Couldn't handle the winter here.  I think we had like one day of snow and you could still see the grass sticking out of the snow. Too much for them though.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4351 on: October 11, 2021, 03:35:47 PM »
I can add this about Puerto Ricans. We had a Puerto Rican family move in right next door - looking for better economic opportunity.  They moved in during the summer and moved out the following spring. Couldn't handle the winter here.  I think we had like one day of snow and you could still see the grass sticking out of the snow. Too much for them though.

Don't personalize those creatures.
I missed 22 home games for 2 seasons because of them and so they are the enemy.
It does not help my cause that I was living 2,800 miles away from those home games but let's not get into semantics.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #4352 on: October 11, 2021, 03:41:34 PM »
Don't personalize those creatures.
I missed 22 home games for 2 seasons because of them and so they are the enemy.
It does not help my cause that I was living 2,800 miles away from those home games but let's not get into semantics.

Ok. Ok.....  How about I give you a chance to watch Troll for free?  It has Sonny Bono in it, from before, you know, him going tits up after hitting a tree.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #4353 on: October 11, 2021, 03:46:01 PM »
Ok. Ok.....  How about I give you a chance to watch Troll for free?  It has Sonny Bono in it, from before, you know, him going tits up after hitting a tree.

JERK TEASE MOVE, @Walks_At_Night !

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #4354 on: October 11, 2021, 03:49:43 PM »
JERK TEASE MOVE, @Walks_At_Night !

Oooff!  And Youtube sucks over VPN too.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #4355 on: October 12, 2021, 08:17:04 PM »
Backyard visitor.  The color of it's back is nearly identical to the fallen leaves from my plum tree, do these things change colors to blend in with their surroundings?

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Charles Wayne Clark
« Reply #4356 on: October 12, 2021, 08:39:06 PM »
Backyard visitor.  The color of it's back is nearly identical to the fallen leaves from my plum tree, do these things change colors to blend in with their surroundings?

Nice picture, PB.  In a nutshell, a mantis can slowly change colors, from green to brown and brown to green.  They can also turn brown after molting.  They spend so much of their time on leaves and vines, mostly greens on fresh plants and produce and and browns, to blend in with a drying, darker leaf, etc.  They don't change quickly like a chameleon, it takes them a little while to blend in. Very cool creatures, and I've yet to see one in my neck of the woods.  I set out some mantis egg cases but both of them failed to produce any baby mantises. 

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #4357 on: October 12, 2021, 08:47:51 PM »
Nice picture, PB.  In a nutshell, a mantis can slowly change colors, from green to brown and brown to green.  They can also turn brown after molting.  They spend so much of their time on leaves and vines, mostly greens on fresh plants and produce and and browns, to blend in with a drying, darker leaf, etc.  They don't change quickly like a chameleon, it takes them a little while to blend in. Very cool creatures, and I've yet to see one in my neck of the woods.  I set out some mantis egg cases but both of them failed to produce any baby mantises.

I've seen the green ones sitting on green leaves, and white ones after they molted.

The only reason I saw this one was because he was on the ladder and not in the leaves.  There may be quite a few around that we just don't see.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Charles Wayne Clark
« Reply #4358 on: October 12, 2021, 10:50:47 PM »
I've seen the green ones sitting on green leaves, and white ones after they molted.

The only reason I saw this one was because he was on the ladder and not in the leaves.  There may be quite a few around that we just don't see.

Yes, even their egg cases are hard to spot unless you just happen to notice one, usually on structures and fences.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #4359 on: October 12, 2021, 10:50:57 PM »

Is that the  'Pelosi'  thing you speak of down there?

WTF. Do you even HAVE a lawn? @PB  What is going on there?  I need a broader picture please. If the base of your tree is properly manicured and maintained we wouldn't see that Children Of The Corn looking roughage!

Please tell me, I need to know.

Thank you  :)

PS let's see the hat you were wearing.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #4360 on: October 13, 2021, 12:19:03 AM »
Is that the  'Pelosi'  thing you speak of down there?

WTF. Do you even HAVE a lawn? @PB  What is going on there?  I need a broader picture please. If the base of your tree is properly manicured and maintained we wouldn't see that Children Of The Corn looking roughage!

Please tell me, I need to know.

Thank you  :)

PS let's see the hat you were wearing.

Lawns are for suckers.  I don't even remember the last time I wore a hat.  Ok, unless a bike helmet counts.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #4361 on: October 13, 2021, 06:07:03 PM »
Lawns are for suckers. 
Deflection.

I don't even remember the last time I wore a hat.
In your bug picture there is clearly the shadow shape of a hat but you deny it.

Self loathing hat guy.

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #4362 on: October 13, 2021, 07:45:13 PM »
For thoSse who think they own a cat
https://youtube/pXezLv_5Ra
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #4363 on: October 13, 2021, 08:17:24 PM »
For thoSse who think they own a cat
https://youtube/pXezLv_5Ra
Are you trying to post    this?

WEIRD

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #4364 on: October 13, 2021, 10:40:29 PM »

He needs a top hat, cane and spats. The Fred Astaire of Mantises
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville