Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 597553 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #5280 on: April 03, 2022, 10:26:33 AM »
I had the good fortune of binging Barney Miller... I don't remember if it was Pluto, Roku Channel, Hulu or what, but I went back to see somebody's guest star appearance on it and they had pulled all the old episodes and added like a 6th and 7th year or something like that...

One thing I caught myself doing over and over was looking at a scene with a room full of people and realizing that Hal Linden and Max Gail are the only people still alive from that whole scene.

I also realize how they had two great women characters (one played by Linda Lavin) that they never fully developed. They lost Linda Lavin directly to "Alice." I think they left her name up on the roll call board for the rest of that year and even the next one, if I recall correctly.

I forgot about Lavin as Detective Wentworth.  I didn't realize most of the cast are deceased.  Since you mentioned Linda Lavin, I haven't watched an episode of "Alice" since it was on.  I may check it out again.  I wonder if it's held up over time.  I've revisited some other older programs that I enjoyed but they fell flat.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #5281 on: April 03, 2022, 12:11:17 PM »
I really liked her character. She looked the part as well. There were a couple of other women officers. One white lady and one Latina. They never developed the Latina very much, I'm sure I googled her while binging, that's a favorite thing to do for me.

I'm not absolutely sure if this is the same actress, but I do recall there was a Latina or Italian actress that was murdered and I think she was a regular or a guest on Barney Miller.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #5282 on: April 03, 2022, 12:12:31 PM »
We have our SSN's now and the next thing will be Washington drivers licenses and that's pretty much it. I understand that we have to surrender (hand over) our BC licenses. They are stripping away the Canadian out of us piece by piece and it's almost complete, eh'  With the exception of I5, people drive quite slow here like every day is a leisurely Sunday. LET'S GO, MOVE IT!! PICK IT UP, MAN!!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5283 on: April 03, 2022, 12:14:21 PM »
We have our SSN's now and the next thing will be Washington drivers licenses and that's pretty much it. I understand that we have to surrender (hand over) our BC licenses. They are stripping away the Canadian out of us piece by piece and it's almost complete, eh'  With the exception of I5, people drive quite slow here like every day is a leisurely Sunday. LET'S GO, MOVE IT!! PICK IT UP, MAN!!
Pro tip, put brush guards/bull bars on all of your vehicles because people back up without looking.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #5284 on: April 03, 2022, 12:18:02 PM »
Pro tip, put brush guards/bull bars on all of your vehicles because people back up without looking.
NOTED and OBSERVED.  I meant to add that they're very friendly too, for the most part.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #5285 on: April 03, 2022, 04:28:47 PM »

Duck 'em

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #5287 on: April 03, 2022, 08:07:53 PM »
https://www.westernjournal.com/wwe-legend-makes-surprise-jesus-statement-hall-fame-induction-speech/
Good for him. The real badasses, or rebels these days are the true, walk the walk - talk the talk, Christians.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #5288 on: April 03, 2022, 08:45:49 PM »

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #5289 on: April 03, 2022, 09:33:56 PM »
I am not 100% sure that this is creepy or not.

No doubt about this though.

First: Yeah, that's just a big bowl o' WTF. Well manicured beast about town?

Second: Trying to explain it away as I reason with my own conception of reality. The children seem to like.. him?  The twisted foot sticking out at the bottom threw me a bit as I quickly realized that the.. person? 's hips were rotated to.. her? right.  I think.

Going back in.
Save yourself.

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #5290 on: April 03, 2022, 11:39:25 PM »
I had the good fortune of binging Barney Miller... I don't remember if it was Pluto, Roku Channel, Hulu or what, but I went back to see somebody's guest star appearance on it and they had pulled all the old episodes and added like a 6th and 7th year or something like that...

One thing I caught myself doing over and over was looking at a scene with a room full of people and realizing that Hal Linden and Max Gail are the only people still alive from that whole scene.

I also realize how they had two great women characters (one played by Linda Lavin) that they never fully developed. They lost Linda Lavin directly to "Alice." I think they left her name up on the roll call board for the rest of that year and even the next one, if I recall correctly.

I've caught a few daytime re-runs of Barney Miller through the years. Mainly when I was skipping had a class break. Recently on my beloved General Hospital Wojo played Sonny's (the gangster and main character) stepfather.  At first it was shocking how old he was but still had that boyish charm. Not too long his character was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. He played the heck out of that part all the way to his death. I cried in way more than one scene. I believe he got a Daytime Emmy for the part
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5291 on: April 03, 2022, 11:57:25 PM »
I've caught a few daytime re-runs of Barney Miller through the years. Mainly when I was skipping had a class break. Recently on my beloved General Hospital Wojo played Sonny's (the gangster and main character) stepfather.  At first it was shocking how old he was but still had that boyish charm. Not too long his character was diagnosed with Alzheimer's. He played the heck out of that part all the way to his death. I cried in way more than one scene. I believe he got a Daytime Emmy for the part

Hold it! It's called General Hospital and there's gangsters involved?

I dunno...
Eh, nevermind...

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #5292 on: April 04, 2022, 04:56:20 PM »
Hold it! It's called General Hospital and there's gangsters involved?

I dunno...

That's why they need the Hospital
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5293 on: April 04, 2022, 07:14:38 PM »
My house is haunted by the ghost of MLK but we can only see him during the day.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5294 on: April 05, 2022, 04:17:26 PM »
I am not 100% sure that this is creepy or not.

No doubt about this though.

Good Lord.  You sure find some stuff. @Walks_At_Night   #1) Sort of looks like someone in a costume.  Probably not.   :-\

#2) I couldn't process what I was seeing.  At first I thought it was animatronic, but then it hit me...that's a person.  :'(