Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 597548 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #7320 on: February 22, 2024, 04:57:47 PM »
Currently sitting in the National Theatre waiting to see a play called Dear Octopus. This place must be PB's worst nightmare, the smell of liberalism is almost palpable. He might go into anaphylactic shock just by walking through the door.

Oh please, I'm in Berkeley almost every day.  You get used to it.

I tell 'em - in Berkeley I'm the radical, lol. 

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7321 on: February 22, 2024, 04:58:49 PM »
I enjoyed it. It was quite good if a bit dated. Like your dress sense. Bring on King Lear next week!

My kingdom for a horse!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #7322 on: February 22, 2024, 07:43:16 PM »
By the way, everything comes with a trigger warning these days. Even tonight, which was so vanilla, came with a warning about possibly upsetting scenes. What a bunch of pussies. When I spend money to go out I want, nay demand, debauchery and fucked up shenanigans.

In these parts, the warnings are for depictions of two-parent families, straight sex and competent white people.
Eh, nevermind...

Billy Joe Mulgreavey

• Elluminati
  • 3.99 or 6.99, content seen NOWHERE else!
« Reply #7323 on: February 23, 2024, 02:41:26 AM »
In these parts, the warnings are for depictions of two-parent families, straight sex and competent white people.

Sir, are you looking for a ride home in an ambulance?

i=bJrLpxlo33dcm5lc

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
  • Perpetual Vice President of the Anti-Pansy League
« Reply #7324 on: February 23, 2024, 04:35:58 AM »
My kingdom for a horse!

That's Richard III.  #Americans!

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
« Reply #7325 on: February 23, 2024, 04:38:16 AM »

When you've got people like BJM in the audience, with her green hair and nose stud, I guess you've got to be careful. Anything that hints at straight sex is going to make it call the manager immediately.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7326 on: February 23, 2024, 04:43:36 AM »

By "in these parts" he means in his brain.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7327 on: February 23, 2024, 07:59:16 AM »
That's Richard III.  #Americans!

Et tu Brute?

Billy Joe Mulgreavey

• Elluminati
  • 3.99 or 6.99, content seen NOWHERE else!
« Reply #7328 on: February 23, 2024, 11:08:06 AM »
When you've got people like BJM in the audience, with her green hair and nose stud, I guess you've got to be careful. Anything that hints at straight sex is going to make it call the manager immediately.

Hey pal, don't get all pissy with me because you don't have enough game to get with this.  Now, where's the manager?

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
« Reply #7329 on: February 23, 2024, 11:38:47 AM »
Hey pal, don't get all pissy with me because you don't have enough game to get with this.  Now, where's the manager?

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Ugh, I don't know who to feel more sorry for, you or her. I bet you had fill in a bunch of forms in triplicate before you even copped a feel.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #7330 on: February 23, 2024, 12:26:27 PM »
Haven't yet decided if this Zeihan dude is full of shit or not.

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #7331 on: February 23, 2024, 09:30:43 PM »

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7332 on: February 23, 2024, 09:44:45 PM »
There's a Safeway sized Asian grocery store on the way home that I shop at, that has an ok buffet in the back that I like to get a plate from and take home once in awhile.

Their best item is a veggie dish consisting of something with a slender stalk or stem that has smallish leaves on the end, steamed to a nice crunch, stacked like logs, and some sort of sauce poured over them.  It's gotta be in the bok choy family.  I can go into Chinese, Thai, Indian, etc, places, have a meal, and usually be able to reverse engineer what I had and prepare it at home if it's something I really like - unless it requires some spice I can't identify or kitchen utensil or something I don't have - sometimes with an assist from Google.

This buffet doesn't have any names on anything, I don't recognize the vegetable, the cooked version doesn't look like anything in the produce section, and I can't quite suss out the sauce - soy sauce and some garlic, mixed with something thicker - like plum or oyster sauce or something like that.

I ask the cashier what's that and she tell me ''green vegetable''.  I describe it to others who I know should know, who tell me the same thing, ''oh we call that green vegetable''.  Um, ok, what's the sauce?  ''Soy sauce''.  What else.  ''Garlic''.  Dang it, I know all that, and googling 'green vegetable' isn't going to help me much.

I'm never going to be able to make this at home.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #7333 on: February 23, 2024, 09:56:11 PM »
I ask the cashier what's that and she tell me ''green vegetable''.  I describe it to others who I know should know, who tell me the same thing, ''oh we call that green vegetable''.  Um, ok, what's the sauce?  ''Soy sauce''.  What else.  ''Garlic''.  Dang it, I know all that, and googling 'green vegetable' isn't going to help me much.

Is it leafy or stalky in appearance? Leafy equals Collards or stalky equals Okra.  'Round here anyway.  ;)

Smokin Hot Bob

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #7334 on: February 23, 2024, 10:10:09 PM »
Astronomers spot tiny moons around Uranus   8)

https://apnews.com/article/neptune-uranus-new-moons-53028053d8944883cf42647e5196e21e

They are sometimes referred to as dingleberry moons.