Author Topic: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread  (Read 597922 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
Re: Whatever: The Open Lines Thread
« Reply #7440 on: February 28, 2024, 03:30:15 PM »

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #7441 on: February 28, 2024, 05:49:47 PM »

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #7442 on: February 28, 2024, 06:27:39 PM »
Lesson learned here

He'll never make it on the competitive eating circuit.

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
  • Perpetual Vice President of the Anti-Pansy League
« Reply #7443 on: February 28, 2024, 11:22:04 PM »
So, I've just noticed that they're putting on a couple of baseball games near me in June. Tickets are about 70 quid. It's between the NY Mets and the Philadelphia Phillies. I've never been to such a ghastly thing before. Worth it, or not?

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
« Reply #7445 on: February 29, 2024, 12:24:06 AM »
Also, where's the best place to sit? They're all the same price so I can't tell. Have a look if you want.

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/mlb-world-tour-london-series-2024-tickets/artist/5284559

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #7446 on: February 29, 2024, 12:40:30 AM »
Also, where's the best place to sit? They're all the same price so I can't tell. Have a look if you want.

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/mlb-world-tour-london-series-2024-tickets/artist/5284559

Usually the prime seats are lower level behind home plate. Then the next desirable are mid-level between first base and third base. Having a little elevation gives you a better view of the game. If you are behind home plate, a lower level is desirable because then you can hear everybody talking and saying nasty stuff to each other.
Eh, nevermind...

Billy Joe Mulgreavey

• Elluminati
  • 3.99 or 6.99, content seen NOWHERE else!

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #7448 on: February 29, 2024, 03:04:08 AM »
The geometry involved in baseball has always interested me. As a mature game, where the defensive players go has been well worked out depending on where the ball is hit and whether there are men on base, even though it looks like a mad scramble. Then there are pitchers battles where there is not much offense but still great play.  Baseball is more a game of fine points than most folks realize.  It's also played by more normal-sized people - no seven footers or 350 pounders.

It's complex and takes a while to understand, sort of like understanding what's going on in the midfield in futbol.
Merry Christmas

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #7449 on: February 29, 2024, 04:05:04 AM »
If you can get back behind home plate, you'll have a great view of the battle between the pitcher and hitters. The pitchers at that level can be amazing.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you get a seat along the foul lines or behind the dugouts close to the field, you really need to pay attention when the ball is in play. It can come into the stands hot.  Wouldn't want you or yours to get a second mouth opened up catching one in the noggin.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #7450 on: February 29, 2024, 04:11:20 AM »
Oh. Make sure you get a dog and a beer. It's tradition.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
« Reply #7451 on: February 29, 2024, 05:19:51 AM »
Thanks for all the advice. Unfortunately I provided some dud info and they're not all the same price after all. The seats you recommended are more like 500 quid, so I could probably fly to NY and back, see a game, dine at Nobu, and come back again, and still have change from £500.

Unless they're throwing in a box of Cubans, a free bar, and a couple of hookers, I think 500 fish is a little excessive.
So, it looks like I'll be in the bleachers if I want to go. At least I'll be safe from any fly balls, as It'll feel like I'm watching from the fucking moon right up there.

Always read the small print.

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
« Reply #7452 on: February 29, 2024, 05:22:01 AM »
Sounds like a publicity stunt.

Especially as you hardly ever see black people at the theatre. I'm seeing King Lear tonight, and I'll bet there'll be more on stage than in the audience. If they really do this the place is going to be empty without whitey.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #7453 on: February 29, 2024, 11:50:28 AM »
Especially as you hardly ever see black people at the theatre. I'm seeing King Lear tonight, and I'll bet there'll be more on stage than in the audience. If they really do this the place is going to be empty without whitey.

Funny you should mention that...
https://www.foxnews.com/media/london-play-announces-will-sell-tickets-all-black-audience-strengthen-diversity
(Paywalled.)
Eh, nevermind...

Peter Wyngarde

• Elluminati
« Reply #7454 on: February 29, 2024, 03:34:38 PM »

And I was right. It was like a PB wet dream, affluent white people everywhere.