Author Topic: Celebrity Deaths  (Read 354874 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
Re: Celebrity Deaths
« Reply #587 on: October 02, 2019, 10:34:45 PM »
Kim Shattuck

It's been 21 months or so since I last talked with Kim.  She agreed that I can't sing.  (I gave her and and a bandmate from Pandoras a demo for a hopeful reunion album, hoping that its Monkees-like vibe would appeal to the Monkees fans in the band.)

I remember her off color comments, comments about stained panties and a flabby ass.  She was a cool girl rocker, she could dish it out and she could take it.  Except when you brought up the Pixies.  She was pretty resilient but I think she got short-changed or treated like shit by them.

ALS took her.  She didn't say shit about it a couple of months after her diagnosis.  Pandoras, Muffs, Pixies.  I was encouraging her to do a Pandoras supergirlgroup reunion. They we're having a lot of fun playing people's backyard parties.

This video is from a short time before her diagnosis. The record was Derrick Anderson's, he was the touring bassist for The Bangles until a couple of years ago.  "The girls" helped him out on his solo record and agreed to do the video for it as well.  Kim is on the far right, in the grey skirt, jumping around, goofing on Pete Townsend a bit.

Goodnight Gidget, cowbellbongos dude.

Fun times...

Eh, nevermind...

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #588 on: October 02, 2019, 11:10:59 PM »
Kim Shattuck

It's been 21 months or so since I last talked with Kim.  She agreed that I can't sing.  (I gave her and and a bandmate from Pandoras a demo for a hopeful reunion album, hoping that its Monkees-like vibe would appeal to the Monkees fans in the band.)

I remember her off color comments, comments about stained panties and a flabby ass.  She was a cool girl rocker, she could dish it out and she could take it.  Except when you brought up the Pixies.  She was pretty resilient but I think she got short-changed or treated like shit by them.

ALS took her.  She didn't say shit about it a couple of months after her diagnosis.  Pandoras, Muffs, Pixies.  I was encouraging her to do a Pandoras supergirlgroup reunion. They we're having a lot of fun playing people's backyard parties.

This video is from a short time before her diagnosis. The record was Derrick Anderson's, he was the touring bassist for The Bangles until a couple of years ago.  "The girls" helped him out on his solo record and agreed to do the video for it as well.  Kim is on the far right, in the grey skirt, jumping around, goofing on Pete Townsend a bit.

Goodnight Gidget, cowbellbongos dude.

Fun times...

ALS sucks. I fear that diagnosis almost as much as I fear burning to death.
Are we having fun yet?

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #589 on: October 02, 2019, 11:22:01 PM »
Jessye Norman, in NYC on Monday, age 74. Transcendant operatic voice, did spirituals... jazz... everything. Another musical light in my life has gone dark. Sigh.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/jessye-norman-acclaimed-operatic-soprano-dies-at-74/2019/10/01/b06364dc-e444-11e9-b403-f738899982d2_story.html
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #590 on: October 02, 2019, 11:23:14 PM »
ALS sucks. I fear that diagnosis almost as much as I fear burning to death.

I'm not going to pull a Heather because I don't know and I can only surmise knowing how lively she was , I hope she went out on her own terms...  I will and I have directives making sure I'll go out on my terms if I'm unable to go out on my terms on my own.

Eh, nevermind...

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
« Reply #591 on: October 02, 2019, 11:35:22 PM »
Ginger Baker is getting ready to check out...

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/entertainment/music/story/2019-09-25/ginger-baker-legendary-rock-drummer-and-co-founder-of-cream-is-critically-ill

Mandela Effect.  I thought he was long dead.  Last time I saw him on a show, he looked like he was at the door.
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
Are we having fun yet?

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Revenge of the chocolate bunnies!!
« Reply #593 on: October 04, 2019, 09:09:18 PM »
Diahann  Carroll. 84
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/diahann-carroll-dead-pioneering-actress-julia-dynasty-was-84-1196051

Wow! I hadn’t heard that!  I remember that show JULIA and watched it sometimes, especially for Lloyd Nolan who I really liked as an actor.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #595 on: October 05, 2019, 03:40:10 PM »
An extraordinary actress and a beautiful singer.

Two legends, Diahann Carroll and Judy Garland singing together in 1964.

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/diahann-carroll-judy-garland-tv-duet-1203359640/

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #596 on: October 05, 2019, 05:09:08 PM »
Two legends,  and Judy Garland singing together in 1964.

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/diahann-carroll-judy-garland-tv-duet-1203359640/

I loved that video!  Today's singers can't pull that off nowadays.  Between egos, publishing, rights and labels, it just won't happen with such skilled performers.  Hacks, yes, maybe...

I also love the sequins burning the kinescope.  In addition to potentially causing epileptic seizures, I can go X-Files on this and think that some secret braille code is being flashed across the screen...

Oh, and I would be remiss if I don't mention this...  I have impure thoughts seeing Diahann Carroll there... She remained hot into the 2000s.
Eh, nevermind...

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #597 on: October 06, 2019, 05:27:09 AM »

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #598 on: October 06, 2019, 05:59:50 AM »
I loved that video!  Today's singers can't pull that off nowadays.  Between egos, publishing, rights and labels, it just won't happen with such skilled performers.  Hacks, yes, maybe...

I also love the sequins burning the kinescope.  In addition to potentially causing epileptic seizures, I can go X-Files on this and think that some secret braille code is being flashed across the screen...
I don’t think that’s kinescope. It looks more like quad videotape. The early television camera tubes didn’t have a very large contrast range.

In this modern world of auto tune and electronics, why worry about singing ability? Go for tits and ass, which can also be enhanced.
Merry Christmas

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #599 on: October 06, 2019, 06:30:42 AM »
https://twitter.com/NME/status/1180794562383622145

RIP Ginger Baker.

In the white room with black curtains near the station