Author Topic: The Merry Christmas Thread  (Read 7006 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: The Merry Christmas Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2022, 01:34:37 PM »
So, what are your Christmas day plans?

Anybody..

I am going to make a delicious roast chicken stuffed with lemon, thyme, rosemary, and seasonable seasonings rubbed inside and out. This will make for delicious bastings. I realized late last night that in my haste when packing to move that I failed to pack certain things like a BAKING DISH/Roasting pan! A cookie sheet will have to suffice, and it will.

Accompanying the chicken will be roasted fingerling potatoes and Brussel sprouts. I'll have stuffing on the side, and of course gravy. Dessert will be a chocolate-chip-cookie-cake.

Booze? Is that what you're asking me? BOOZE? Well, yes, copious amounts of various winter ales and lagers, not to mention GUINNESS. Throw in some Irish Whiskey (good stuff) and some GIN (good stuff) and I'll quickly develop a WC Fields nose.

I do not yet have a anyone to fuck put up some shelves for, so therefore I shall enjoy all the above alone. And that's OK. More for me and V. Speaking of V (Vera) she'll make off like a bandit with chicken scraps 'n such mixed in with her regular giant breed kibbles.

@KSM  I like the cut of your jib.  Very nice meal.  Vera will enjoy hers for sure.  How does your stomach handle that mix of booze? 

For me, it was just going to be a stay at home holiday with me, my aunt, and mom.  My aunt bailed though.  Nonetheless, just a quiet stay at home holiday.  So, just me and mom.  It'll just be a day listening to Christmas tunes and watching some old movies.  Of course, opening a few gifts.  Plus I'll call and/or text some friends and family.

I'll make breakfast and dinner.  Breakfast will be the usual eggs, buckwheat pancakes, and peppered bacon.

Dinner will be a roasted Beef Tri-Tip with chanterelle mushrooms and Bordelaise sauce (If I can find bone marrow that isn't cost prohibitive! Otherwise, Red Wine glazed).  Served with Gouda mashed potatoes and fresh herbs, roasted yellow or purple cauliflower (if I can still get either), and pan fried green beans with garlic.  I may do charred asparagus instead.  I'm on the fence.

Dessert will be a brûléed vanilla brioche bread pudding.

I probably will make a German style Riesling Soup as well.

Oh. Please tell me you're not going to eat the entire chocolate chip cookie cake in one day.  I know. I know. You work it off.  *sigh*

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2022, 03:11:14 PM »
@KSM  I like the cut of your jib.  Very nice meal.  Vera will enjoy hers for sure.  How does your stomach handle that mix of booze? 

For me, it was just going to be a stay at home holiday with me, my aunt, and mom.  My aunt bailed though.  Nonetheless, just a quiet stay at home holiday.  So, just me and mom.  It'll just be a day listening to Christmas tunes and watching some old movies.  Of course, opening a few gifts.  Plus I'll call and/or text some friends and family.

I'll make breakfast and dinner.  Breakfast will be the usual eggs, buckwheat pancakes, and peppered bacon.

Dinner will be a roasted Beef Tri-Tip with chanterelle mushrooms and Bordelaise sauce (If I can find bone marrow that isn't cost prohibitive! Otherwise, Red Wine glazed).  Served with Gouda mashed potatoes and fresh herbs, roasted yellow or purple cauliflower (if I can still get either), and pan fried green beans with garlic.  I may do charred asparagus instead.  I'm on the fence.

Dessert will be a brûléed vanilla brioche bread pudding.

I probably will make a German style Riesling Soup as well.

Oh. Please tell me you're not going to eat the entire chocolate chip cookie cake in one day.  I know. I know. You work it off.  *sigh*

Well, THAT sounds incredibly awesome! Yummy!!

I will try not to eat the entire cake in one sitting. I will,        try

Yum, yum, as they told Grandpa Jones.
Not your best work.

Merry Christmas @KSM and I hope that 2023 will be a more awesome year for you and your family.
Merry Christmas to you too, Damon.

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2022, 06:55:53 AM »
Season's Greetings ! !  :D

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2022, 02:23:15 PM »
The outlawed version  Coz he wants to get her clothes off... GRRAAAAWWWW

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
    • The George Senda Music Video
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2022, 03:46:29 PM »
eature=oembed

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2022, 05:59:35 PM »
eature=oembed

A great one. I just heard that 25 minutes ago.

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
    • The George Senda Music Video
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2022, 06:31:13 PM »
@PB

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2022, 09:07:55 PM »
Christmas plans?

I've got two transmission fluid jobs I've got to do. Not on Christmas Day though,
Eh, nevermind...

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2022, 11:46:09 PM »
The Nutcracker Suite is a standby for me at Christmas time. I will only bore you with the Waltz of the Flowers

“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2022, 11:47:19 PM »
Christmas plans?

I've got two transmission fluid jobs I've got to do. Not on Christmas Day though,
Eat. Drink. Be cozy and jolly. Be as merry as possible. Might be chummy with a neighbor or two.

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2022, 12:01:32 AM »
...And how about something to go with the Rat Pack theme you got going above

“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

Rainman

• KMST
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2022, 12:13:57 AM »
...And how about something to go with the Rat Pack theme you got going above

Beautiful song, but credit where credit is due.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynthia_Basinet

TigerLily

• Evil Temptress
  • Ellevated
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2022, 09:22:14 AM »
Thanks @Rainman for setting the record straight. I have heard La Marilyn's real voice crooning Happy Birthday to the President and to Diamonds and didn't think this sounded much like her. But there it was. And everyone likes looking at Marilyn. Even straight girls. So I posted it. The version I'm most familiar with is Eartha Kitt's.  grrowwlll

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2022, 05:45:38 AM »

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2022, 09:01:44 AM »
Maybe not genius, just really creative...
Eh, nevermind...