Author Topic: ASK KSM anything  (Read 83894 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: ASK KSM anything
« Reply #600 on: November 25, 2021, 09:34:39 AM »
Heh heh  funny stuff.

There actually is an address issue. Turns out that there are two 125th St.'s in Marysville. One looks like it is out of Sanford and Son and the other is a new developed street of new built homes. So @Walks_At_Night joke holds some water.

Ordering a pizza may be hard.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #601 on: November 25, 2021, 01:27:39 PM »
@PolkaDot  I don't know what a thing is really.My mom had them on when I came home from school. I watched them in college because one was on between classes. Then years later when I was able to set my own lunch time when I was working I went to the gym when L&O was on because they had a little tv on the stair stepper. When I had seen all of them. I saw General Hospital was on. I remembered it from college and started watching it. I always called my mom once a week and that gave us something new to talk about. She was still watching and filled me in on all the new characters and plot lines. So I'm second generation. I record it now so I can watch it whenever. Usually on my treadmill at home but I will often binge it. And no. Not like the 70s and 80s. I only watch the one Soap but it's but it keeps my attention, obviously. This last couple of weeks we've had kidnappings, a cave-in, shoot-outs, a main character back from the dead, a premature birth. Typical week in Port Charles. If you decide to watch you kind of need someone to fill you in on the characters and backgrounds and storylines. Of course lots of blogs to do that. The stories used to move really slow so you could catch up during school breaks but now they move fast

Oh. And as far as I can tell day time tv is re runs of night time tv. You can catch Supernatural from the beginning!

@TigerLily I had no idea. I only remember it being I thing when I was in Elementary School, during the week I’d go to my Babysitter’s house for lunch and she’d have Soaps on. I have NO IDEA which one(s).

I have watched the first season of Supernatural. Cute boys.
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

PolkaDot

• Sass Machine
  • Ellevated
  • Please forgive me, I was raised by wolves.
« Reply #602 on: November 25, 2021, 01:32:44 PM »
Of course she gave him an address!

Mrs KSM and Vera's address:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

KSM's address:

It could be worse
There was a little girl,
            Who had a little curl,
Right in the middle of her forehead.
            When she was good,
            She was very good indeed,
But when she was bad she was horrid.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #603 on: November 25, 2021, 07:46:43 PM »

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #604 on: November 25, 2021, 08:13:04 PM »
Have you ever used ladder products by Gorilla?  Interior of the house needs painting and I'm wanting this platform as it is 50% off. Just don't want it to fall apart after two uses.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gorilla-Ladders-47-25-in-x-12-in-x-20-in-Aluminum-Slim-Fold-Work-Platform-300-lbs-Load-Capacity-GLWP-47/305590237

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #605 on: November 26, 2021, 12:08:22 AM »
Have you ever used ladder products by Gorilla?  Interior of the house needs painting and I'm wanting this platform as it is 50% off. Just don't want it to fall apart after two uses.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gorilla-Ladders-47-25-in-x-12-in-x-20-in-Aluminum-Slim-Fold-Work-Platform-300-lbs-Load-Capacity-GLWP-47/305590237

Ok. I will probably get in trouble for answering in @KSM 's very own thread again but I have a Gorrilla. I bought it for my not so handyman to fix up my house before I moved. I had one of those typical two-story town houses with a garage underneath. It needed a ton of cosmetic work. The Gorilla does everything it is advertised to do. Moves into all those positions like a yoga master and deals with heavy loads. Only problem was it is heavy as hell and everyone would rather use 3 or 4 ladders than that one. Way to heavy for me to use. But very sturdy and can't imagine it ever falling apart. Mine is still in perfect shape
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #606 on: November 26, 2021, 04:36:56 AM »
Ok. I will probably get in trouble for answering in @KSM 's very own thread again but I have a Gorrilla. I bought it for my not so handyman to fix up my house before I moved. I had one of those typical two-story town houses with a garage underneath. It needed a ton of cosmetic work. The Gorilla does everything it is advertised to do. Moves into all those positions like a yoga master and deals with heavy loads. Only problem was it is heavy as hell and everyone would rather use 3 or 4 ladders than that one. Way to heavy for me to use. But very sturdy and can't imagine it ever falling apart. Mine is still in perfect shape

Yeah - I've got a Little Giant multi-positional ladder like that. It is heavy as all get out and I've used it for 20+ years without an issue. Sounds like for what I wan this little Gorilla will be fine. Anything that one stands on should be well built. TY

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #607 on: November 26, 2021, 09:46:27 AM »

Admittingly - the only Gorilla products I have used are their various adhesives. That said I do know guys who love the Gorilla products such as the one in question. Weight limit 300 LBs? You don't strike me as being over 190 and hey, if you fall it's not that far to go and there's also @TigerLily 's testimony. @Walks_At_Night I say you'll be fine. Looks like a solid unit.

The Gorilla commercials are good too.

Hey Tiger Lady! You weren't answering for me but rather giving your two cents as a mans safety is in question. So we're good.

PS I sincerely hope the both of you had a lovely Thanksgiving.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #608 on: November 26, 2021, 02:30:22 PM »
Why does Planes, Trains and Automobiles make you sad? @KSM   :-\

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #609 on: November 26, 2021, 03:22:27 PM »
Why does Planes, Trains and Automobiles make you sad? @KSM   :-\
Because as the story unfolds we realize that Del Griffith (John Candy) does not have a happy life with a happy wife to go home to as she (Marie) passed away a year previously to the films setting. Neil (Steve Martin) on the other hand has a great life, great job, beautiful home and a lovely wife and family to go home to for thanksgiving. The movie is sadness under the umbrella of humor and although there are many laughs to be had we cannot help ourselves but to want to give Del a hug and have him over for Thanksgiving dinner.

But what happens after that?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #610 on: November 26, 2021, 03:44:47 PM »

After enjoying meal and family, Del decides that it is time to move on. Inspired, he hops on Rose Brides and orders himself a Russian beauty.

Over the next two years, she slowly bleeds Del dry. He cares not as he is in love. Finally with green card now in hand and all assets exhausted, she pushes him down the stairs and collects on his life insurance.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #611 on: November 26, 2021, 04:00:58 PM »
After enjoying meal and family, Del decides that it is time to move on. Inspired, he hops on Rose Brides and orders himself a Russian beauty.

Over the next two years, she slowly bleeds Del dry. He cares not as he is in love. Finally with green card now in hand and all assets exhausted, she pushes him down the stairs and collects on his life insurance.
Not so fast, my cynical friend.  Del’s presumed demise is premature, as he awakens in his refrigerated morgue drawer and is miraculously released, after screaming his lungs out.

Del then learns Neil has had a life-changing epiphany, suddenly realizing he is full-blown gay.  Del surprises Neil in his favorite LGBT bar.  Del also realizes he has loved Neil all along.  He takes Neil in his arms and gives him a long, deep kiss.  The final scene shows Del and Neil, after consummating their relationship.

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #612 on: November 26, 2021, 09:46:53 PM »
Because as the story unfolds we realize that Del Griffith (John Candy) does not have a happy life with a happy wife to go home to as she (Marie) passed away a year previously to the films setting. Neil (Steve Martin) on the other hand has a great life, great job, beautiful home and a lovely wife and family to go home to for thanksgiving. The movie is sadness under the umbrella of humor and although there are many laughs to be had we cannot help ourselves but to want to give Del a hug and have him over for Thanksgiving dinner.

Thank you. I did see that movie when it came out but couldn't remember the premise.  Yeah, I got sad to by watching the video you posted.  At the 30 second mark I had that "Ohhh I remember now" thought.  AND, a few seconds before --->  :'(

What happens?  I think Del, by being invited to Neil's home and seeing the family dynamic, realized ever since his wife's passing that he's forgotten the happiness he once had and was running from himself.  He was welcomed into Neil's home and called a friend.  Then witnessing the embrace by Neil and his wife he had total recall and a sense of purpose thus moving on and being a happier person.

*** Disclaimer ~ I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

Dammit man!  A movie that I never considered revisiting and was put out of mind for over 30 years is now on the list to watch again...very soon!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #613 on: November 27, 2021, 10:42:57 AM »

"ThOSE AREN'T PILLOWS!"

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #614 on: November 27, 2021, 12:02:13 PM »
@KSM do you still have to pay into your socialized medicine account while you are down in the States?

For Japanese, to keep the account active and allow it to be utilized when they return, they have to continue payments which is about $200 a month.
Eh, nevermind...