Author Topic: WELCOME TO OUR NEW MEMBERS  (Read 83228 times)

GrumpyOldMan

• KMST
Re: WELCOME TO OUR NEW MEMBERS
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2018, 07:16:20 PM »
Do we get any Fallout perks based on karma?

Aldous Burbank

• KNYE
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2018, 07:18:37 PM »
Do we get any Fallout perks based on karma?

Yes. When we die.

AnnOther

• KIDD
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2018, 07:32:33 PM »
Long time Art Bell fan.  Helped me survive boring night shift for decades.  So sorry about his death, because now he could never return to the air.  I'm not technologically inclined,  yet I learned how to use XM Sirius radio.  I even attached a long antennae across the ceiling of my entire condo,  just to hear him. But now? I was desperate to get a GOOD replacement,  because I love the topics Art talked about.  I needed my podcast fix!
So,  I started actually reading Bell Gab..... to follow this damned drama. Only to see that disappear.  Luckily,  I learned you, Bart, took over the forum.  I followed you recently on Twitter,  so I knew it'd be a free speech forum.... unlike The Fringe! Thanks for being there..... & thanks to Dave S for being the professional & interesting host we desperately need!
Ancient Aliens say "YES"

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2018, 07:39:10 PM »
Hit the modify button to edit a post.
The quote button is for responding to others comments. Make sure to scroll completely past the post and then go down a line or two before commenting or it will appear as if you corrected their post.

Darth Maul

• KMST
  • BUT Who is the Master and who is the apprentice?
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2018, 07:41:21 PM »
Long time Art Bell fan.  Helped me survive boring night shift for decades.  So sorry about his death, because now he could never return to the air.  I'm not technologically inclined,  yet I learned how to use XM Sirius radio.  I even attached a long antennae across the ceiling of my entire condo,  just to hear him. But now? I was desperate to get a GOOD replacement,  because I love the topics Art talked about.  I needed my podcast fix!
So,  I started actually reading Bell Gab..... to follow this damned drama. Only to see that disappear.  Luckily,  I learned you, Bart, took over the forum.  I followed you recently on Twitter,  so I knew it'd be a free speech forum.... unlike The Fringe! Thanks for being there..... & thanks to Dave S for being the professional & interesting host we desperately need!

I'm not sure if you have this site but when i need an Art Bell fix i listen late nights to this selection

http://artbellarchives.com

In the 90's i use to come home late from a date or driving one of my cars all over town and listen to Art Bell.   No one can or will replace him.               E v e R
Sith Lord From the Planet Dathomir

AnnOther

• KIDD
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2018, 07:43:49 PM »
Thank you Darth.....  yes.....  need my fix of Art.
No one interviews like him......
But I want new updated information too.....  so...... I've subscribed to MITD from the beginning.

..... proving my point that I'm not technologically inclined......
My avatar pix is sideways......   well..... new perspectives are good.....
Ancient Aliens say "YES"

AnnOther

• KIDD
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2018, 07:48:22 PM »
Hit the modify button to edit a post.
The quote button is for responding to others comments. Make sure to scroll completely past the post and then go down a line or two before commenting or it will appear as if you corrected their post.

....uh oh.....  did I do something wrong?  Tech novice forever.....
Ancient Aliens say "YES"

Tina

• KIDD
  • Little Librarian
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2018, 07:50:08 PM »
Welcome! Post often.  8)

WeinerInHand

• Elluminati
  • Here, hold this...
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2018, 07:51:44 PM »
....uh oh.....  did I did something wrong?  Tech novice forever.....

No, you're alright. Just in case you needed it...

twistedlogic

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2018, 08:00:26 PM »
Hello   :)

Hi! Thanks for the welcome.  :)

spacegirl

• KMST
  • ////// CARPE CAELO! //////
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2018, 08:20:52 PM »

I've been meaning to introduce myself, but I keep getting sidetracked reading posts. I listened to Art during the last century. lost track of him after he left Coast to Coast. His death brought back the memories of all those nights listening  I found the old BG site and got really lost in all the posts there. It was a maze! So glad to find this place.

I'm not sure if you have this site but when i need an Art Bell fix i listen late nights to this selection

http://artbellarchives.com

In the 90's i use to come home late from a date or driving one of my cars all over town and listen to Art Bell.   No one can or will replace him.               E v e R

I love these stories.  The words "Coast to Coast AM" were first spoken to me sometime in the mid-90's by my grandmother, retired and living by herself in Mesa, Arizona, in a situation that resembled Art's own "compound" as we now know it -- a slapped-together prefab hunkered in the desert.  She became a night owl and I remember noting on each return trip how the titles on her bookshelves were gradually changing from supermarket novels to UFO encyclopedias and grimoires.  There really was a palpable sense in those days that "something" significant loomed just around the corner . . . movies and tv shows hinted at it; Art tried to coax it from the airwaves. 

That feeling has been dead a long time for me.  I think, now, it may have been the collective subconscious' rejection of a reality too hideous to acknowledge (then) at the level of consciousness: the final exhaustion of post-WWII potential, which at one time had seemed without limit.

Bookwormy

• KNYE
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2018, 08:21:22 PM »
Hi Bart et al,

Thanks for the welcome.  Don't know quite what I'm doing yet but Hiii!
Who, me?  I'm just a worm.

jumpdawg

• KIDD
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2018, 09:33:35 PM »
Hi all! Glad I found Ellgab. Also happy to see all the old users from the Bellgab site.
 here. Looks great and thanks to the admins for starting up Ellgab. Thanks also to Bart El for his work in bringing this site up.

jd

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2018, 12:12:50 AM »
Thank you Darth.....  yes.....  need my fix of Art.
No one interviews like him......
But I want new updated information too.....  so...... I've subscribed to MITD from the beginning.

..... proving my point that I'm not technologically inclined......
My avatar pix is sideways......   well..... new perspectives are good.....
Try this one:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If it falls back the way the first one did, then this one will be face up. I think.

thesuz

• KIDD
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2018, 04:53:56 AM »
Good morning!  I'm old to lurking, new to posting.  I got into listening to Art Bell about 19 years ago when I was up all night with my twin babies and playing on AOL.  Wow, that was a long time ago!