Author Topic: These Are The People In Your Neighborhood  (Read 3205 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
These Are The People In Your Neighborhood
« on: July 26, 2021, 07:30:19 PM »
Discussing past and present neighbors

You have them

Even as kid out in the country we had them. And they were nuts.  #banjo #music

A neighbor to my left has started referring to Vera as "V" or "Veer"  He hears us refer to her as V (in short) and of course Vera. She responds to these variations but he has begun talking to her through the fence and even adding a name. "Hey Veer" in what sounds like a Newfie accent. He's being folksy with my dog all the sudden after years of living there. Perhaps it's because we now live here in town full time.. meh
Now, it's a double fence! He has a fence and we have a taller newer fence but there is still some room between planks to see a dogs snout from up close between the planks.  Vera doesn't wear pants so surely he is not trying to get in them.  yuck

..why the sudden interest in my giant puppy

This thread partly inspired by @sean92008

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: These Are The People In Your Neighborhood
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 07:35:42 PM »
PS  Wildlife doesn't count!  @anniem  8)

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 08:04:19 PM »
PS  Wildlife doesn't count!  @anniem  8)

A little yappy dog up at the corner is our worst, because when she yaps it makes our dog jump up and bark. But now the house is for sale. That will be good or bad if it sells.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 08:31:05 PM »
I could fill this thread with a thousand posts.  I'll wait until the 'roid rage subsides before I tell my honest to God tales of neighbors past and present.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 08:51:36 PM »
A little yappy dog up at the corner is our worst, because when she yaps it makes our dog jump up and bark. But now the house is for sale. That will be good or bad if it sells.
Now, Annie EMMMMMM, does that make them bad neighbors?  :P

I could fill this thread with a thousand posts.  I'll wait until the 'roid rage subsides before I tell my honest to God tales of neighbors past and present.
LOL!  I love ya meng!  Hang tough!  I look very forward to these reports.

I have many more to come as well.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 08:56:31 PM »
Now, Annie EMMMMMM, does that make them bad neighbors?  :P

Nope. I might miss them when they are gone.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 09:38:24 PM »
Nope. I might miss them when they are gone.
::)

So basically what you're getting at in a very roundabout way is that you want me TO RUB OUT A SMALL DOG!!!

OOOooorrr  that you want ME to buy that house! And move into it! And start Christmas town!!

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 09:52:02 PM »
::)
So basically what you're getting at in a very roundabout way is that you want me TO RUB OUT A SMALL DOG!!!

Noooooooooooooooo doggie can go safely elsewhere.

OOOooorrr  that you want ME to buy that house! And move into it! And start Christmas town!!

This state is a bit on the bossy side. You'd have to really think about it.

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2021, 07:08:12 PM »
I can remember only one neighbor, next door, that I'd describe as nuts.  That Bronx neighborhood was crazy for fireworks, especially on July 4, but as a hobby maker of them I might've had a better idea of safety than some of the people around me.  The next door neighbor was loading a 3" gun (looked like it was PVC pipe, not a good idea to use, in a bucket of sand) with a shell with bare match leader, and he was smoking a cigaret.  2 days later he was smoking a cigaret while filling his lawn mower with gasoline.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2021, 09:47:18 PM »
Our neighbor to out left at the river house is a very..  jolly.. rotund? retired criminal attorney and he knows how to live. When he's not travelling he (every Friday night) at about 6PM rings the bell he has on his front deck. This is the signal to people on our road that all are welcome to come over for great and plentiful BBQ as well as beer and things alike. Not only is he a real bonified grill master but he brings in kegs from micro breweries. He does however get rather offended if anyone shows up with anything other than themselves as he likes to fancy himself as the ultimate host - which he is.  Bob! is a neighbor from God!  Lawyer jokes do not apply to that man.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2021, 10:03:43 PM »
Our neighbor to out left at the river house is a very..  jolly.. rotund? retired criminal attorney and he knows how to live. When he's not travelling he (every Friday night) at about 6PM rings the bell he has on his front deck. This is the signal to people on our road that all are welcome to come over for great and plentiful BBQ as well as beer and things alike. Not only is he a real bonified grill master but he brings in kegs from micro breweries. He does however get rather offended if anyone shows up with anything other than themselves as he likes to fancy himself as the ultimate host - which he is.  Bob! is a neighbor from God!  Lawyer jokes do not apply to that man.

I like this story  :)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2021, 10:17:32 PM »
I like this story  :)
The bell weighed just under 40 LBs. Shiny too  :D

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2021, 10:32:29 PM »
The bell weighed just under 40 LBs. Shiny too  :D

What color?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2021, 09:05:26 AM »
Perfect opportunity to bitch and moan and yet nobody wants to. You people are a disgrace.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2021, 09:42:18 AM »
Perfect opportunity to bitch and moan and yet nobody wants to. You people are a disgrace.

Oh!
Ok.
Damn, the nice lady up the road JUST WALKED BY WITH HER DOG! UNREAL! We walked our dog today and there is no litter on the ground like where we lived before. NONE! There were no deer to see today NONE AT ALL! And to top it off we saw TWO JACKRABBITS! I mean, REALLY!

Howzat?
hee hee hee