Author Topic: These Are The People In Your Neighborhood  (Read 3230 times)

anniem

• Ellevated
Re: These Are The People In Your Neighborhood
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2021, 05:47:51 PM »
Neighborhood nuts is the topic here?  When I was a kid, we had a dude that lived around the way that kidnapped a young woman, sliced off her breasts and kept them in his tool box down at the AMC dealership.  The story was that he got busted when someone noticed some breastages in there amongst the torque wrench's.  I guess that qualifies as pretty nuts.

That is most very nuts.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2021, 05:50:53 PM »
Is that the best ass end of a cow you have ever eaten?

Yes.  Yes it was.  All the other bits too.   :D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2021, 05:56:04 PM »
Ok, take the time you need and get back to "normal"  :)   You've touched on complaints about neighbors in the past..  @ShayP

I knew you'd understand.  @KSM  I know it's not your thing, but just...bring it in man.  C'mon.  Just a little hug.  I've been on a rollercoaster as of late.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I have touched base on previous neighbors.  I just don't recall which ones.  Meh.  No matter.  I'll re-tell or just provide something new.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2021, 06:00:00 PM »
Looks like I've got some reading to do.  @GravitySucks took the ball and ran with it.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2021, 06:15:15 PM »
Okay.  I'll start with my current neighborhood and express the issues I have.  They actually aren't bad issues.  It's that I became jaded over the years and am not used to an incredibly nice neighborhood with friendly people and a great sense of community.

When I moved here a little over a year ago there were people giving me heartfelt welcomes, telling me if I needed anything to just give a call or knock on the door, giving gifts.  I received a coffee cake, a peach pie, beer, and an invite to a rockin' cookout...all in the first two days.  The cookout was great by the way.

How did I react?  Well, I was thankful and practiced my exemplary social skills, common courtesy, etc.  HOWEVER!  My mind works in strange ways at times and I became suspicious. "What do they want from me?"  "Are they just feeling me out?"  "Can they be trusted?"  "Am I going to be in a cult-like environment and end up being put in some large effigy only to be burned alive and sacrificed like Edward Woodward in the 1973 movie, The Wicker Man?"  I am not kidding!

Clearly that isn't normal behavior.  Then I start to get self-conscious and begin to wonder if they think I'm some kind of weirdo.  "Am I putting off strange vibes?"  Am I being short with people?"  Do I rush off when a neighbor says "Hi!  How are you?"  The answer is yes.   So many questions and doubts!   I also find myself looking out the window before I go out as if I'm planning an escape.

I think they are on to me and are of the belief that I in fact am a weirdo.  In my defense, I have lived in some neighborhoods that conditioned me to be suspicious.  I lived in a place that was shot at many times.  Lived in crime ridden places.  Years of conditioning and certain experiences or interactions caused me to be cynical.  Those stories will follow soon...

Oh, and a few of those stories will contain some unsavory details.  All true.  ShayP believes in transparency and sharing experiences.   :D

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2021, 06:28:47 PM »
Okay.  I'll start with my current neighborhood and express the issues I have.  They actually aren't bad issues.  It's that I became jaded over the years and am not used to an incredibly nice neighborhood with friendly people and a great sense of community.

When I moved here a little over a year ago there were people giving me heartfelt welcomes, telling me if I needed anything to just give a call or knock on the door, giving gifts.  I received a coffee cake, a peach pie, beer, and an invite to a rockin' cookout...all in the first two days.  The cookout was great by the way.

How did I react?  Well, I was thankful and practiced my exemplary social skills, common courtesy, etc.  HOWEVER!  My mind works in strange ways at times and I became suspicious. "What do they want from me?"  "Are they just feeling me out?"  "Can they be trusted?"  "Am I going to be in a cult-like environment and end up being put in some large effigy only to be burned alive and sacrificed like Edward Woodward in the 1973 movie, The Wicker Man?"  I am not kidding!

Clearly that isn't normal behavior.  Then I start to get self-conscious and begin to wonder if they think I'm some kind of weirdo.  "Am I putting off strange vibes?"  Am I being short with people?"  Do I rush off when a neighbor says "Hi!  How are you?"  The answer is yes.   So many questions and doubts!   I also find myself looking out the window before I go out as if I'm planning an escape.

I think they are on to me and are of the belief that I in fact am a weirdo.  In my defense, I have lived in some neighborhoods that conditioned me to be suspicious.  I lived in a place that was shot at many times.  Lived in crime ridden places.  Years of conditioning and certain experiences or interactions caused me to be cynical.  Those stories will follow soon...

Oh, and a few of those stories will contain some unsavory details.  All true.  ShayP believes in transparency and sharing experiences.   :D

Did you wear the yellow sundress to the cookout?
Are we having fun yet?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2021, 06:29:23 PM »
Looks like I've got some reading to do.  @GravitySucks took the ball and ran with it.

No. That was Mrs. Becker.
Are we having fun yet?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2021, 06:44:42 PM »
Did you wear the yellow sundress to the cookout?

Not during the very first cookout!

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2021, 06:45:30 PM »
No. That was Mrs. Becker.

SPOILER ALERT!  Jeez thanks.  I haven't even gotten that far.   ;)

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2021, 06:47:01 PM »

Do any of the women look like this?

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2021, 06:48:50 PM »
Neighborhood nuts is the topic here?  When I was a kid, we had a dude that lived around the way that kidnapped a young woman, sliced off her breasts and kept them in his tool box down at the AMC dealership.  The story was that he got busted when someone noticed some breastages in there amongst the torque wrench's.  I guess that qualifies as pretty nuts.

Well then. I sort of overlooked this post.  Yeah... *sigh*

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2021, 06:51:26 PM »
Do any of the women look like this?

That kind of thing with the eyes creeps me out.  BIG TIME.  All black eyes or all white eyes.  Now I will have nightmares.  Thanks! @ItsOver  ;)

Oh, and thank goodness none of the women look like that because I would've burned the neighborhood down and moved to Texas. 

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2021, 07:00:28 PM »
That kind of thing with the eyes creeps me out.  BIG TIME.  All black eyes or all white eyes.  Now I will have nightmares.  Thanks! @ItsOver  ;)

Oh, and thank goodness none of the women look like that because I would've burned the neighborhood down and moved to Texas.
Heh, heh... sweet dreams. ;  I won’t follow up with any Noory photos tonight to give you a break.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2021, 07:40:10 PM »

You still aren’t willing to cross the Mississippi are you?
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2021, 07:55:11 PM »
Holy Moly! That, is.. well, fucked up!

@Walks_At_Night this can be about great neighbors as well. Maybe you have a nice lil old couple living next to you and the old man has great life tidbits to tell. 

Good neighbors count!  Like BOB! HE HAS A BELL AND I LOVE IT!!!

Our neighbor to out left at the river house is a very..  jolly.. rotund? retired criminal attorney and he knows how to live. When he's not travelling he (every Friday night) at about 6PM rings the bell he has on his front deck. This is the signal to people on our road that all are welcome to come over for great and plentiful BBQ as well as beer and things alike. Not only is he a real bonified grill master but he brings in kegs from micro breweries. He does however get rather offended if anyone shows up with anything other than themselves as he likes to fancy himself as the ultimate host - which he is.  Bob! is a neighbor from God!  Lawyer jokes do not apply to that man.