Author Topic: Complaint Box  (Read 5218 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
Re: Complaint Box
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2021, 03:31:46 AM »
My complaint is that I'm so sick of people volunteering me for things.  I can't even get my own damn house in order.  The biggest culprit is my mother and then my aunt.  If I say I'm not doing it, I get "Well I told them you would", or, "Why can't you do this for me?"  Then they try the whole guilt trip thing.  I'm immune to that.

One of my friends back in Virginia sent me a text stating that he told his wife I would cook for their family reunion.  He never asked me.  Just said he'd pay for my gas and what date I should be there.  LOL!  I'm not doing it.  My response was "No, you should've asked."  His response was "What's the problem?  At first I thought he was kidding, but he wasn't.

I was also volunteered to cook holiday dinners for other people, paint the interior of a house, and fill in for a dude who doesn't give a shit about his step son.  I was apparently appointed to be that surrogate.  Take him places.  Show him how to do some things.  I've met him twice (the step father).  I studied his behavior.  Not a fan.  He's lazy and I suspect he's on something.  Makes me nervous because he seems like a tweeker.  Anyway, He favors his son from his ex, and doesn't care about the step son.  And yes, I did state that I studied his behavior.  I like to size people up and go by my instinct to see who I'm dealing with.

I am infuriated to say the least and none of these things will happen.  The blowback will be strong and I do not care.  However, I will say I may help the kid out, but it depends.  It's not going to be a regular thing.

My apologies.  That turned into a rant instead of a complaint.  I was hit with all this crap over the last few days and I am irritated.

I hear your frustration, I feel your anger and I think we can spend some quality time talking this over as you prepare the Ell family 10 days of Christmas meals.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2021, 05:16:23 AM »
I hear your frustration, I feel your anger and I think we can spend some quality time talking this over as you prepare the Ell family 10 days of Christmas meals.

Ah. How nice. Shay will be ready for a break about that time. After he finishes my lawn, he is headed west to become Senda's CareGiver 2.0
That will take a lot out of Shay - dusting, mopping, moving items from point A to point B, getting the mail, driving to Target, baking Marie Callendar pies, rubbing the big guy down with lotions and oils whilst listening to his stories.  Those 10 days will be a nice break.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2021, 06:58:06 AM »
I like you guys.  I really do.  ;D

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2021, 09:23:12 AM »
I like you guys.  I really do.  ;D

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

@ShayP  We were talking a few weeks back about changing all the interior door handles. It can be a bitch, as you know. Not sure why but I have decided to change out ALL the door handles in the house before we list it in a few weeks. Worse: The handles I have chosen all require a little door-hole surgery as they, the new handles, are .25" too big to fit within the current allotted hole size. Make sense?

I look forward with unbridled glee to inventing all manner of new verbiage to add to my lexicon.

Things like:
"COCKDINKANDFUCKNOSE!" >:(
"YASHITLICKCUNTSHED!"  >:(
"WHYYOUANALBLEEDINGMOTHERFUCK!"   >:(

and sooo many more

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2021, 10:12:52 AM »
@ShayP  We were talking a few weeks back about changing all the interior door handles. It can be a bitch, as you know. Not sure why but I have decided to change out ALL the door handles in the house before we list it in a few weeks...

You know that's insane, right?

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2021, 10:14:14 AM »
... I look forward with unbridled glee to inventing all manner of new verbiage to add to my lexicon.

Things like:

and sooo many more

A few more for your new lexicon

Go Seahawks!
Go Sounders!
Go Mariners!
Go Sonics!

Oh wait the Sonics did go

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2021, 10:16:12 AM »
It was a shame the Sonics owner moved them away.  They were hugely popular.

I remember when the Warriors signed KD, and the Oklahoma City fans went berserk - ''they stole our best player''

Fuck you, Oklahoma, you stole the whole team.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2021, 01:17:10 PM »
@ShayP  We were talking a few weeks back about changing all the interior door handles. It can be a bitch, as you know. Not sure why but I have decided to change out ALL the door handles in the house before we list it in a few weeks. Worse: The handles I have chosen all require a little door-hole surgery as they, the new handles, are .25" too big to fit within the current allotted hole size. Make sense?

I look forward with unbridled glee to inventing all manner of new verbiage to add to my lexicon.

Things like:

and sooo many more

@KSM Oh yeah, I still haven't done the front door because the damn screws won't come out.  >:(   I tried to drill tiny holes around the screws and grab the heads with needlenose pliers but it did not work.  I'll just have to buy one of those bits that extracts broken screws.

After I finished half the door knobs I quit using the hole saw bit and decided to use a regular bit to add a hole on each side to insert the screws.  Turns out that the decorative thing the knob is attached to covers the holes.  Made my life so much easier. I wish I thought of that from the start.

Good luck with your project.  Seems like your original door holes are the same as mine.  This is the first place I've ever lived where I couldn't just swap out the knobs with ease.

I didn't create any new verbiage.  I either kept quiet and turned beet red, or I stuck with the standard MOTHERFUCKER!!! and FUCK THIS SHIT!!!   ;D

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2021, 01:33:16 PM »
@KSM Oh yeah, I still haven't done the front door because the damn screws won't come out.  >:(   I tried to drill tiny holes around the screws and grab the heads with needlenose pliers but it did not work.  I'll just have to buy one of those bits that extracts broken screws.

After I finished half the door knobs I quit using the hole saw bit and decided to use a regular bit to add a hole on each side to insert the screws.  Turns out that the decorative thing the knob is attached to covers the holes.  Made my life so much easier. I wish I thought of that from the start.

Good luck with your project.  Seems like your original door holes are the same as mine.  This is the first place I've ever lived where I couldn't just swap out the knobs with ease.

I didn't create any new verbiage.  I either kept quiet and turned beet red, or I stuck with the standard MOTHERFUCKER!!! and FUCK THIS SHIT!!!   ;D

@ShayP The holes on the hinges are countersunk. Get a drill bit the size of the screw heads and drill until you get to the hinge itself. You might want to start a pilot hole in the center of each screw. The door will then fall away. You will be left with the studs, but put on the yellow sundress and go to work on them. A pair of vise grips should remove them easily.
Are we having fun yet?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2021, 01:41:36 PM »
@ShayP The holes on the hinges are countersunk. Get a drill bit the size of the screw heads and drill until you get to the hinge itself. You might want to start a pilot hole in the center of each screw. The door will then fall away. You will be left with the studs, but put on the yellow sundress and go to work on them. A pair of vise grips should remove them easily.

Thanks. @GravitySucks  The screws I'm referring to are the ones connecting the knob to the door.  I assume your technique will work the same with those screws?

Unfortunately since I lost weight the sundress is too big and makes me look frumpy.  I may have to take it to a seamstress and have it taken in.   ;D

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2021, 02:25:12 PM »
Thanks. @GravitySucks  The screws I'm referring to are the ones connecting the knob to the door.  I assume your technique will work the same with those screws?

Unfortunately since I lost weight the sundress is too big and makes me look frumpy.  I may have to take it to a seamstress and have it taken in.   ;D

@ShayP   yes it will work and if you are replacing the door knobs anyway it doesn’t really matter what happens to the trim ring.
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2021, 11:23:49 PM »
You know that's insane, right?
How so? Details help sell a house. We sold our beautiful "Big-House" on 2.3 acres a year ago with the same thinking. The fucking thing didn't even get listed as the real estate agent bought it from us for his mommy. Details - big and small, motherfucker.

A few more for your new lexicon

Go Seahawks!
Go Sounders!
Go Mariners!
Go Sonics!

Oh wait the Sonics did go
I have posted several times that I have no interest in supporting any of those teams.  What are the sounders? @PB

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2021, 11:29:39 PM »
How so? Details help sell a house...

You didn't say a thing about that's why you were doing it, it was more like why are we doing this if we're listing it next week

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2021, 11:30:43 PM »
...  What are the sounders? @PB

An organization named after a nearby body of water?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2021, 11:54:40 PM »
You didn't say a thing about that's why you were doing it, it was more like why are we doing this if we're listing it next week
Dude I'm shitfaced. What the fuck do you want from me?  May Pelosi fart in your general direction.

An organization named after a nearby body of water?
I am from Victoria, I know what Puget Sound is. What sport do the sounders play? May Pelosi fart on your breakfast.

G'night and go t' bed you constant contrarian over inquisitive fucker!