Author Topic: NFL Football  (Read 32794 times)

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
Re: NFL Football
« Reply #360 on: November 22, 2021, 05:21:15 AM »
Sorry @ShayP master. The Steelers looked awesome. And came so close

Oh sure. Now they look awesome. Where was that last week when it was needed most?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #361 on: November 22, 2021, 05:37:13 AM »
@Rikki Gins  The current O-Line is the absolutely worst the Steelers have had in my lifetime.  That's not an exaggeration either.  They do nothing well.  I also just saw a video of DE- Cam Heyward punching Justin Herbert is the stomach while he was on the ground.  :o  He should've been ejected.

Gut punch? No problemo! Meanwhile the Lions get nailed for a 15 yarder for the tried and true "Your Mother is so ugly, I could stick her face in some dough and make gorilla cookies".

https://sports.yahoo.com/detroit-lions-penalized-between-quarters-after-jonah-jackson-said-something-about-somebodys-mother-in-cleveland-browns-loss-223707812.html

ShayP

• Ellevated
  • Your honor, I just want to get a hot dog!
« Reply #362 on: November 22, 2021, 05:53:40 AM »
Gut punch? No problemo! Meanwhile the Lions get nailed for a 15 yarder for the tried and true "Your Mother is so ugly, I could stick her face in some dough and make gorilla cookies".

https://sports.yahoo.com/detroit-lions-penalized-between-quarters-after-jonah-jackson-said-something-about-somebodys-mother-in-cleveland-browns-loss-223707812.html

LOL! @Walks_At_Night  The ref said it could result in a disqualification?  Who cares what was said and how did they (the refs) even hear it?  Did the player run to the ref and complain about his feelings getting hurt?  It's silly.

Oh, and Cam Heyward said there was no malicious intent by punching Herbert.  He said he was just trying to get up and fell down.  What a crock!  LOL

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #363 on: November 22, 2021, 08:47:04 AM »

Thank you! When you guys get all riled up you are absolutely DELIGHTFUL!
Visum utilem tempore

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #364 on: November 24, 2021, 12:18:54 PM »
Okay. Thanksgiving soon cometh.  Nice traditional match up for Detroit's big day - Chicago.  One would think that the Bears would wail the snot out of the 0-9-1 Lions but Chicago has lost five straight and the fans there are calling for the head coach's scalp.  I'll be darned if I know what is gonna happen but it should be quite the suckfest.

I've seen grumblings out there that some want to take the Thanksgiving game away from the Lions. They've had it for almost 90 years. It is really the only thing the franchise has. Probably best to rip it away from them for 60 years of ineptitude. 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #365 on: November 24, 2021, 03:03:14 PM »
Okay. Thanksgiving soon cometh.  Nice traditional match up for Detroit's big day - Chicago.  One would think that the Bears would wail the snot out of the 0-9-1 Lions but Chicago has lost five straight and the fans there are calling for the head coach's scalp.  I'll be darned if I know what is gonna happen but it should be quite the suckfest.

I've seen grumblings out there that some want to take the Thanksgiving game away from the Lions. They've had it for almost 90 years. It is really the only thing the franchise has. Probably best to rip it away from them for 60 years of ineptitude. 

Nah, they should keep the Thanksgiving game.  Ya know, @Walks_At_Night I never gave any thought as to why they've had a game on Thanksgiving day for so long.  I could Google it but I won't.  I expect a synopsis, in triplicate, on my desk Monday.  Mark it ATTN: Greg  :D

What will be funny to me is if the Lions have another tie.   ;D  Go for that 0-9-2 baby!

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #366 on: November 25, 2021, 05:09:13 AM »
Nah, they should keep the Thanksgiving game.  Ya know, @Walks_At_Night I never gave any thought as to why they've had a game on Thanksgiving day for so long.  I could Google it but I won't.  I expect a synopsis, in triplicate, on my desk Monday.  Mark it ATTN: Greg  :D

What will be funny to me is if the Lions have another tie.   ;D  Go for that 0-9-2 baby!

Attention: Greg

In the mid-1930's the Detroit Tigers were a powerhouse. Of the eight hitters in their lineup - four would end up in the HoF: Greenberg, Gehringer, Gooslin and Cochrane. The Lions were new and kind of an after thought, so the generate some buzz the owner decided to try a game on Thanksgiving. It worked as the game sold out and they've played on Thanksgiving ever since. 

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #367 on: November 25, 2021, 08:10:00 AM »
Attention: Greg

In the mid-1930's the Detroit Tigers were a powerhouse. Of the eight hitters in their lineup - four would end up in the HoF: Greenberg, Gehringer, Gooslin and Cochrane. The Lions were new and kind of an after thought, so the generate some buzz the owner decided to try a game on Thanksgiving. It worked as the game sold out and they've played on Thanksgiving ever since.

Thanks for the info.  Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Sincerely,
Greg

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #368 on: November 26, 2021, 06:45:30 AM »
I actually watched the Lions game. It was a hoot. Third and four and you need a big stop at a critical point in the game. So.........

https://twitter.com/roywoodjr/status/1463979849329086477

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #369 on: November 26, 2021, 08:37:04 AM »
I actually watched the Lions game. It was a hoot. Third and four and you need a big stop at a critical point in the game. So.........

https://twitter.com/roywoodjr/status/1463979849329086477

@Walks_At_Night I know it’s frustrating but at least I think they have cemented their first pick in the 2022 draft. Or have they traded that away? Who do you think they’ll pick?  I hope they don’t ruin their number 1 pick like they did with Andre Ware.
Are we having fun yet?

Up All Night

• Elluminati
  • I remember when
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #370 on: November 26, 2021, 11:35:07 AM »

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #371 on: November 26, 2021, 03:22:07 PM »
@Walks_At_Night I know it’s frustrating but at least I think they have cemented their first pick in the 2022 draft. Or have they traded that away? Who do you think they’ll pick?  I hope they don’t ruin their number 1 pick like they did with Andre Ware.

They still have it @GravitySucks  Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a slam dunk QB coming out this year so I'd imagine they will with a defensive lineman.  The good news is that it would seem the new GM they hired is not a complete maniac. He made some respectable picks this last time around and a couple of usable undrafted guys. If he can repeat that for a couple of drafts .500 should be doable. I don't think the current coach is gonna work out long term but that is an easier fix than a GM.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #372 on: November 28, 2021, 01:22:37 PM »
I watched the Steelers game and chuckled the whole way through.  That team is awful.  Big Ben is toast.  I don't see why they couldn't put Mason Rudolph in in the second half.  They were down 31-3.  How much worse could it get?  Zero running game and the O-line still is the worst they've had in my lifetime.

First time the Bengals beat them in 3 straight meetings (going back to last year) in 30 years.  I don't expect them to win more than one game the rest of the year.  Perhaps two, but no more.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Barton Keyes
« Reply #373 on: November 28, 2021, 01:42:54 PM »
I got to see the Tampa Bay - Baltimore game.  I like Carson but I like Tom a lot more.  Wouldn't you know, Carson was on fire during the first half but then things started to break down for the Colts.  The Bucs clawed their way into the lead during the second half and managed to hold on to it for the duration, but it was a close one, 38 to 31 and it wasn't over until Wentz's last desperate, and unsuccessful, throw into the end zone.  Great game.

Up All Night

• Elluminati
  • I remember when
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #374 on: November 28, 2021, 08:11:41 PM »