Author Topic: Disney just banned a guy from their parks.  (Read 3170 times)

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Disney just banned a guy from their parks.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 08:13:42 AM »
Ha.  I thought the ban would be on some pedo.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 08:20:18 AM »
No they would likely bump the employee up to mgmt or a creative director position....at least casting director.

Enard P Farkwark

• Full of It
  • KNYE
  • Something something danger zone.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 09:53:28 AM »
Have you been to one of their parks recently?  They are getting a bit creeptastic with the fingerprint readers and facial recognition cameras just for the past pass lines. A little spooky regardless of the intent.
Babu!!!!

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 05:56:52 PM »
No they would likely bump the employee up to mgmt or a creative director position....at least casting director.
gads.
Have you been to one of their parks recently?  They are getting a bit creeptastic with the fingerprint readers and facial recognition cameras just for the past pass lines. A little spooky regardless of the intent.
Not in a long time, but that is creepy for a fun park.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 06:14:22 PM »
gads.

Sorry to burst your bubble. Don't get me wrong, there are lots of good Disney movies but one also has to figure out:
1) how the traditional tales were reinterpreted by Disney
2) judge Disney by their works. What happens to so many Disney kids, and Hollywood in general, fare later in life and the more modern Disney channels and movies and motives, politics, etc?

Robert

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 11:46:07 AM »
I was guessing it'd be on someone dressed as a big cat.

MataHari22

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 01:52:25 PM »

Disney does have the bio scan/fingerprint scan to get in the parks, no facial recognition though.  The finger scanner never works for me.  Even my own iPhone hardly ever will open with my fingerprint.  Those things hate me.  A cast member always has to come over with an iPad and then check me out and then allow me in.  The fastpass in WDW are just accessible with your magic band.  In fact, I would use a friend's magic band to ride the ride again after I just came off, because she will not ride them due to motion sickness.  So, it doesn't recognize your face, it's strictly just the magic band.

I did read this about Universal though:

https://themeparkuniversity.com/universal/universal-orlandos-secret-face-recognition-program-revealed/
She would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for you meddling Ellgabbers!

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 04:31:14 PM »
NEW YORK (AP) — Disney Channel actor Stoney Westmoreland has been fired after he was arrested in Salt Lake City for allegedly attempting to have a sexual relationship with an online acquaintance he believed was 13.

https://www.lohud.com/story/life/people/2018/12/15/disney-channel-fires-andi-mack-star-stoney-westmoreland-after-arrest/2323298002/ 

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/la-et-st-stoney-westmoreland-andi-mack-20181215-story.html

Enard P Farkwark

• Full of It
  • KNYE
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2018, 05:04:55 PM »
Disney does have the bio scan/fingerprint scan to get in the parks, no facial recognition though.  The finger scanner never works for me.  Even my own iPhone hardly ever will open with my fingerprint.  Those things hate me.  A cast member always has to come over with an iPad and then check me out and then allow me in.  The fastpass in WDW are just accessible with your magic band.  In fact, I would use a friend's magic band to ride the ride again after I just came off, because she will not ride them due to motion sickness.  So, it doesn't recognize your face, it's strictly just the magic band.

I did read this about Universal though:

https://themeparkuniversity.com/universal/universal-orlandos-secret-face-recognition-program-revealed/
Yeah. It was the universal side I was at. I just assumed maybe it was across all of them.  The facial recognition camera seemed a bit wonky a couple times though as they had to redo it once or twice on a ride or two. Pretty weird. I could’ve done without that.
Babu!!!!

MataHari22

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2018, 06:25:55 PM »
NEW YORK (AP) — Disney Channel actor Stoney Westmoreland has been fired after he was arrested in Salt Lake City for allegedly attempting to have a sexual relationship with an online acquaintance he believed was 13.

https://www.lohud.com/story/life/people/2018/12/15/disney-channel-fires-andi-mack-star-stoney-westmoreland-after-arrest/2323298002/ 

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/la-et-st-stoney-westmoreland-andi-mack-20181215-story.html

I don't know who that actor is, but that is awful! 

Yeah. It was the universal side I was at. I just assumed maybe it was across all of them.  The facial recognition camera seemed a bit wonky a couple times though as they had to redo it once or twice on a ride or two. Pretty weird. I could’ve done without that.

Disney and Universal have nothing to do with each other.  They are rival parks, so to speak.  Universal has Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.  Disney has Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios.  (Not including the water parks they both have and the shopping....)
She would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for you meddling Ellgabbers!

Kingfish

• KDWN
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2018, 06:49:15 PM »

General Westmoreland's grandson?

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2018, 07:31:58 PM »
General Westmoreland's grandson?

He had two daughters, so no. And Disney, I think, is ABC so he would have no grudges.   ;)

Enard P Farkwark

• Full of It
  • KNYE
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2018, 07:53:57 PM »
I don't know who that actor is, but that is awful! 

Disney and Universal have nothing to do with each other.  They are rival parks, so to speak.  Universal has Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.  Disney has Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios.  (Not including the water parks they both have and the shopping....)
Ah I see.  Maybe I just associated the two because of proximity and folks seem to talk about them together, etc.  Regardless it is indeed weird to have the camera setup just to get shorter lines.

Also the fingerprint things seemed identical so figured there was some connection but maybe someone was just an especially good salesman while making the original parks deal.
Babu!!!!