Author Topic: The Ellgab Classic/Cult Movie and TV Playhouse  (Read 20937 times)

whoozit

• Elluminati
Re: The Ellgab Classic/Cult Movie and TV Playhouse
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2018, 05:25:04 PM »
Starting my October horrorfest yesterday. I watched 2 classic Hammer Horror films, The Gorgon (1964) and The Two Faces of Dr. Jekyll (1960).
What do you think about Curse/Night of the Demon? It is one of my favorite movies to watch in October.

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2018, 05:40:32 PM »
What do you think about Curse/Night of the Demon? It is one of my favorite movies to watch in October.

One of my favorites.  I'm on a Dana Andrews kick now too so I'm going to give it a watch again this month.
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2018, 05:43:10 PM »
Starting my October horrorfest yesterday. I watched 2 classic Hammer Horror films, The Gorgon (1964) and The Two Faces of Dr. Jekyll (1960).

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ha!  You've got a jump start on me, 21st.  I've been on the road, so no chance to start my much looked forward to Octoberfest.  Great reviews, much appreciated.  I'm not sure I've ever seen The Two Faces of Dr. Jekyll (1960), so I need to add that to my list.

Man, I love this time of year and the horror vibe.  I think I'll kick-off my Oktoberfest of Horror with this.

Love Michael Pate in this one and the movie has got a great overall dark vibe to it, especially being in black and white.  I almost expect Bela to make a cameo appearance in it as a vamp cowboy. ;)

Svengoolie has his Oktoberfest list out and it's not bad for this year.

http://svengoolie.com/

Most notable is the original "13 Ghosts" on the 27th.

Enjoy!
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2018, 05:47:41 PM »
Ha!  You've got a jump start on me, 21st.  I've been on the road, so no chance to start my much looked forward to Octoberfest.  Great reviews, much appreciated.  I'm not sure I've ever seen The Two Faces of Dr. Jekyll (1960), so I need to add that to my list.

Man, I love this time of year and the horror vibe.  I think I'll kick-off my Oktoberfest of Horror with this.

Love Michael Pate in this one and the movie has got a great overall dark vibe to it, especially being in black and white.  I almost expect Bela to make a cameo appearance in it as a vamp cowboy. ;)

Svengoolie has his Oktoberfest list out and it's not bad for this year.

http://svengoolie.com/

Most notable is the original "13 Ghosts" on the 27th.

Enjoy!

I keep waiting for Curse of the Undead to appear on dvd or blu-ray.  I've been waiting a long time.  Great horror western.
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2018, 05:47:47 PM »
Oh, yeah, that's a good one!  I first saw it a couple years of ago and loved the demon in the forest scenes.

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

whoozit

• Elluminati
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2018, 05:51:51 PM »
Oh, yeah, that's a good one!  I first saw it a couple years of ago and loved the demon in the forest scenes.

The demon was added against the directors wishes.  Not sure if it added or took away from the film.  It is such a small part it is really unimportant.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2018, 05:52:12 PM »
I keep waiting for Curse of the Undead to appear on dvd or blu-ray.  I've been waiting a long time.  Great horror western.
Yes, no luck with getting it via dvd or blu-ray.  Svengoolie shows it once in a blue moon and I DVR'd it the last time it was on, so it's now in my horror/ scifi collection.  It's a goodie, with both Pate and Eric Fleming.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

Kingfish

• KDWN
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2018, 05:55:01 PM »

A great peyote movie.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2018, 05:59:49 PM »
The demon was added against the directors wishes.  Not sure if it added or took away from the film.
Yes, sir.  I really like it.  For me, it's got a good creep factor, like the famous banshee coach scene in Darby O'Gill.

So much better than the usual overdone, overwrought CGI of today.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2018, 05:59:57 PM »
It was on TCM last night?  LOL.  I had it ready to watch on a cheap twofer Hammer bluray along with Two Faces.  Wasn't going to watch the latter but then changed my mind.
Waiiittt just one second. You live in Georgia, I think. Maybe YOU are the programming director for TCM!!?

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2018, 06:08:59 PM »
Yes, sir.  I really like it.  For me, it's got a good creep factor, like the famous banshee coach scene in Darby O'Gill.

So much better than the usual overdone, overwrought CGI of today.

Easily the most horrifying thing I had ever seen in a Disney film up to the first time I watched it in the 90's.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2018, 06:11:06 PM »
Easily the most horrifying thing I had ever seen in a Disney film up to the first time I watched it in the 90's.
Ha!  Yeah, it scared the crap out of me when I first saw it as a kid.  ;D
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2018, 06:16:11 PM »

A great peyote movie.
Yes.  ;D  You might like this one, too.

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2018, 06:21:39 PM »
Waiiittt just one second. You live in Georgia, I think. Maybe YOU are the programming director for TCM!!?

I wish, albrecht. ;D

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2018, 07:16:45 PM »
I wish, albrecht. ;D
You know how TCM often gives vapid modern actors a chance to show and explain their favorite movies? They should do a raffle or contest or something and allow viewers a chance to do so! Maybe raise money for the old folks home for character actors or minorities not allowed in Actor's Guild or trauma/detox centers for victims of producers and the casting-couch and alcohol/drug abuse. Ok maybe those last ideas wouldn't work but the first would be cool.