Author Topic: The 100 Years Ago Thread  (Read 1427166 times)

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
Re: The 100 Years Ago Thread
« Reply #2655 on: September 21, 2019, 04:00:37 AM »
               From the Library of Congress, 1919.

What Will Mrs. Thompson Say?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Words fail me, but hopefully not you.  Give it your best shot.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #2656 on: September 21, 2019, 04:10:54 AM »

No. Not yet. Maybes someday when you start getting blackheads.
Are we having fun yet?

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #2657 on: September 21, 2019, 05:30:55 AM »
Thank you @Bart Ell, @juan, @anniem, @Mr Apnea, @BartEllProducer, @GravitySucks, @ShayP, @Bobs Your Uncle and @FISH, for playing the What Will Mrs. Thompson Say? game.

1. Stop going with boys.
2. Think about school work and girlfriends.
3. Parents are right about not marrying until 20 years old.

Mr Apnea: 6 points
GravitySucks: 4 points
FISH: 4 points
anniem: 4 points
Bart Ell: 2 points
ShayP: 2 points
Bobs Your Uncle: 2 points
juan: 2 points
BartEllProducer: 2 points

KUDOS @Mr Apnea & @GravitySucks
@Bobs Your Uncle a pat on the back for eating your yogurt and a two point win. :o

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2658 on: September 21, 2019, 05:37:59 AM »
Good thing I missed this quiz.  At that age, I was too interested in horses to have anything to do with boys.
I wish I had kept that wisdom.  Heh, heh. ;D ;)
@StarrMountain we have another question for Mrs. T.
Can you remember being 12 years old and trying to hang out with the older kids? Don't you have a transmute license?  ;)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2659 on: September 21, 2019, 05:38:15 AM »

Your sister is not your tour guide.
Find your own friends and stop being so needy.

Mr Apnea

• Ellevated
« Reply #2660 on: September 21, 2019, 07:06:29 AM »

Your sister knows you are to young to be seeing what she does with those boys.  Hang out with friends your same age.  Try church.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2661 on: September 21, 2019, 07:20:23 AM »
I can bring anything I can hold, actually, but I must be careful because everything will quickly fade and return to the present.  If anyone in the past sees an item from the future disappear, then my transmute license will be permanently revoked.  (Likewise somebody in the present seeing an object that I have brought from the past disappear.)  Some things will last longer than others.  Coins and rings seem to last awhile.  Getting back to the theme of 100 years ago, I gave Liz a present day diamond engagement ring and she's still got it on her finger.  When I visit her, I make it a point to rub the ring with my transplasm fingers.  This will 'charge' the ring and keep it from vanishing for a couple of days.  Clothes aren't a problem as they will stay 'charged' from being in contact with the transplasm body.  Take them off though, and you might have a problem.  Last August I was in the woods, outside of Liz's folk's dude ranch in the Catskills.  We had ridden some horses in to a beautiful, secluded spot with tall trees and a river.  That is where we got engaged and to celebrate the event, (and also my birthday) we went skinny dipping.  I could only stay in the water for five minutes or so, because I didn't want my clothes to fade away.  Now I would have been in a real pickle, had they disappeared, huh?   
I also enjoy this tread @Rikki Gins . This is my go to thread every morning. As I was reading about Liz’s engagement ring and you rubbing the ring with your transplasm fingers something weird happened in my home. I think you are over charging the ring. Near my PC, an image appeared. A drawing of a lady finger wearing a vintage ring materialized for a brief moment. Before it dissipated, I managed to scan this actualization.
One more topic. Last night I watched a documentary on Jack Ruby. Do you have any inside information on Jack?

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #2662 on: September 21, 2019, 08:16:41 AM »

Your parents and siblings are looking out for your best interests. You should do what your parents say, stay in school and not think about boys right now. That will come later.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #2663 on: September 21, 2019, 12:30:27 PM »
Dear Unhappy
No, she should not let you go with her. You don’t say how old she is, but she’s probably too young to be going with boys, too.  If you are whining and blubbering about not getting your way, your brother and sister are treating you just as you deserve. Make your own friends.
Merry Christmas

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2664 on: September 21, 2019, 12:52:25 PM »

UNHAPPY. You are too young to be worrying about boys.  Your sister is right not to allow you to go with her and the boys. 17 or 18 years old is the age to start thinking about boys.
Maybe you expect too much from your sister and brother. Treat your family with respect. At your age, try to be more helpful to your family. Think about your school work. Enjoy activities with female friends. You will be happier if you do more for others. Remember you are too young for a snuggle pup.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2665 on: September 21, 2019, 01:05:36 PM »

I wonder if her sister's name is Broken Hearted! I wonder how old sis is.
Nevertheless, at 12 there is no reason to be going on dates with siblings. Spend time with people your own age, read some books, or find a nice hobby. Study! When you are the age your siblings are you will understand why this is better.

Ghost BEP

• Ghosted
  • Ellightened
  • It’s my Woo Show and Jim can cry if he wants to.
« Reply #2666 on: September 21, 2019, 01:55:50 PM »

It would be nice if she took you with her every once and a while. With her being older and going with boys, you are to young to see the likely shameful things that are going on while she’s “out” with them.
Be wary of phony kleptos with bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #2667 on: September 21, 2019, 03:43:07 PM »
I also enjoy this tread @Rikki Gins . This is my go to thread every morning. As I was reading about Liz’s engagement ring and you rubbing the ring with your transplasm fingers something weird happened in my home. I think you are over charging the ring. Near my PC, an image appeared. A drawing of a lady finger wearing a vintage ring materialized for a brief moment. Before it dissipated, I managed to scan this actualization.
One more topic. Last night I watched a documentary on Jack Ruby. Do you have any inside information on Jack?

Nice ring, @FISH.  That finger reminds me of those chalky, candy cigarettes that I used to 'smoke' as a kid.  No, nothing on Mr. Ruby.  I have tried to spot myself in the Dallas crowd scene footage from that infamous day so many years ago, but the cameras were covering the other side of the street, apparently.  I once saw some film of President K. shortly before the shooting.  You can actually see him looking at my sign, and doing a puzzled double take over his shoulder as the limousine sped by.  I tried to find that part of the film so that I could take a screen shot and 'wow' everyone, but wouldn't you know it, I can't find that part of the film anywhere.  But I'll keep looking.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2668 on: September 21, 2019, 04:30:12 PM »
Nice ring, @FISH.  That finger reminds me of those chalky, candy cigarettes that I used to 'smoke' as a kid.  No, nothing on Mr. Ruby.  I have tried to spot myself in the Dallas crowd scene footage from that infamous day so many years ago, but the cameras were covering the other side of the street, apparently.  I once saw some film of President K. shortly before the shooting.  You can actually see him looking at my sign, and doing a puzzled double take over his shoulder as the limousine sped by.  I tried to find that part of the film so that I could take a screen shot and 'wow' everyone, but wouldn't you know it, I can't find that part of the film anywhere.  But I'll keep looking.

Can you go again?

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #2669 on: September 21, 2019, 06:59:01 PM »
Can you go again?

No, we aren't permitted to visit the exact same time spot twice.