Author Topic: Monster Movies  (Read 4299 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
Monster Movies
« on: December 04, 2018, 06:43:24 PM »
You know, the big guys, the classics.

Wouldn't you like to see a new King Kong vs Godzilla movie? Not a series, hell no, just one great movie. BTW I'm one of the only people I know that liked Cloverfield ??? Godzilla 2012 13? had less than 13 minutes of Godzilla throughout the two hours plus. That is just wrong. I understand that there is a line not to be crossed with overexposure but let's hug up to that line if we can. Kong Skull Island was much, much better.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: Monster Movies
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 09:19:42 PM »
Somehow I thought this would have been a great thread :-[

ok, fine 8)

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 11:16:11 AM »
@ksm32  This thread should be great dammit.  Also, your avatar is giving me flashbacks.  Anyway...

The new Godzilla movie is coming out.  I'm down!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 02:15:35 PM »
@ShayP  Thannnnk Yoouuu for that! I had no idea they had made another movie. Some of the older monsters in there as well. Are we to believe/hope that that is Rodan we're seeing as well as the multiheaded fella? His name escapes me.  Definitely going to see that one in the theatre. :)

PS Sorry about that avatar.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 03:36:38 PM »
Godzilla movies haven’t been the same since they stopped having all the Japanese characters take pictures of things with a Nikon F camera.
Merry Christmas

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 04:27:36 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 07:18:24 AM »
@ShayP  Thannnnk Yoouuu for that! I had no idea they had made another movie. Some of the older monsters in there as well. Are we to believe/hope that that is Rodan we're seeing as well as the multiheaded fella? His name escapes me.  Definitely going to see that one in the theatre. :)

PS Sorry about that avatar.

@ksm32   Yep, we are seeing Rodan.  As well as King Ghidorah.  Mothra looks pretty cool in this too.  I'm looking forward to it.  There will be another one after this that has even more monsters.  I think King Kong as well.  If I recall, the original movie where Godzilla fights King Kong, he drowns Kong in the ocean.  My memory is hazy though.

Oh and your previous avatar...no worries...I've had my fill of suppositories this past year.  No pun intended.   ;)  ;D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 07:19:36 AM »

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 06:02:53 PM »
@21st Century Man  What.Is.That?  :o
That picture almost looks like dark web stuff. Scary ???

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2019, 06:06:19 PM »
@ksm32   Yep, we are seeing Rodan.  As well as King Ghidorah.  Mothra looks pretty cool in this too.  I'm looking forward to it.  There will be another one after this that has even more monsters.  I think King Kong as well.  If I recall, the original movie where Godzilla fights King Kong, he drowns Kong in the ocean.  My memory is hazy though.

Oh and your previous avatar...no worries...I've had my fill of suppositories this past year.  No pun intended.   ;)  ;D
Ya' know, I hope that perhaps high budget monster movies like these take off and replace the super hero craze that has gotten sooo old. People eat the hero movies up but I've had my fill as of years ago.

Singing "Go go Godzilla!"

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2019, 07:15:51 PM »
@ShayP  Watched the new Godzilla offering last night. I liked it!! It has some very mixed reviews online but I think people forget to check a few things at the door with these kinds of movies. I want to shake them and yell "IT'S A FUCKIN MONSTER MOVIE!!!! Not War & Peace!!"

It could have been condensed a little by perhaps 15 minutes but all in all it's a good watch. A big screen with great sound and of course the SUB are a must for this.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2019, 06:31:19 AM »
@ShayP  Watched the new Godzilla offering last night. I liked it!! It has some very mixed reviews online but I think people forget to check a few things at the door with these kinds of movies. I want to shake them and yell "IT'S A FUCKIN MONSTER MOVIE!!!! Not War & Peace!!"

It could have been condensed a little by perhaps 15 minutes but all in all it's a good watch. A big screen with great sound and of course the SUB are a must for this.

@KSM   I haven't seen it yet but am looking forward to it.  I've heard some negative things about the actors being sub par or some shit.  I only care a bout the monsters.  Like you said "IT"S A FUCKING MONSTER MOVIE!!!"  ;D   Haven't been able to make it to any theaters so I may be stuck just renting it and watching at home, but that's fine.  Cheers man!  8)

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2019, 09:01:16 AM »
I really wanted to see the new Godzilla movie (it has my favorite Vera Farmiga AND Sally Hawkins) but my schedule been crazy and missing the opening weeks I just going to wait until it released in streaming. It's out now but I will wait for the rental ability which should be in a couple of weeks.

Some said it under delivered at the box office as it did $110 million in NA on a $170Million budget, but a movie like this does major cash overseas so I am sure it okay.

From my understanding there's going to be a Godzilla vs Kong movie next year.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2019, 11:46:45 AM »
I should add that it takes off from the 2014 movie and they did it well. Same Godzilla monster too of course. You see all the Titans from Monster Zero to Mothra and even a few you've never seen. I should also clarify that when I said sub in my earlier post I was referring to a great sub woofer for this movie.

As far as the actors go.. they get the job done to the point that it's not distracting. I can't stand the main dude but that's because I hate his look. I don't like his ears or nose and the shape of his head bothers me. When I said they could have cut it down a little I was referring to the family drama stuff. But it's nowhere near the family drama that the Brian Cranston charecter was going through in 2014.

@Zetaspeak I could see a King Kong entrance.. totally.

No subtitles needed unless you want Japanese.  I'm all over the fucki place here.. ::)

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2019, 07:15:59 PM »
...I can't stand the main dude but that's because I hate his look. I don't like his ears or nose and the shape of his head bothers me....

@KSM   LMAO!  I thought I was the only one that had that idiosyncrasy.  Someone could cure cancer and have a uni-brow, but I would just focus on how that bothers me.  Not the life saving gift.  Just that damn uni-brow.  I mean...just trim it.