Author Topic: MAY FUNDRAISER - National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation  (Read 9629 times)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
The ELLGAB tradition of giving continues! We will be donating 100% of our May revenue to National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation.

Thanks to @FISH  for recommending them.

You can make your own donation directly by visiting https://give.umanitoba.ca/nctr

For over 150 years, residential schools operated in Canada. Over 150,000 children attended these schools. Many never returned. Often underfunded and overcrowded, these schools were used as a tool of assimilation by the Canadian state and churches. Thousands of students suffered physical and sexual abuse. All suffered from loneliness and a longing to be home with their families. The damages inflicted by these schools continue to this day. In 2009, the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada began a multi-year process to listen to Survivors, communities and others affected by the Residential School system. The resulting collection of statements, documents and other materials now forms the heart of the National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: MAY FUNDRAISER - National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 06:47:56 PM »
The University of Manitoba provides services to urban and rural Indigenous people. The University connects with First Nations communities to talk to potential students at a much younger age through Curry Biz Camp, which fosters entrepreneurship among young First Nations and Métis students.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Manitoba

Thanks @Bart Ell for helping the young First Nations students.

As per my code--kids come first. Don't hurt the kids. Educate the kids.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2020, 12:07:29 AM »
What a great cause. I've read about the damage done to indigenous kids and their communities from Canada to Australia. Hooray to Fish and Bart! This month's heroes

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 12:18:23 AM »
White guilt. Whiners who continue to use the past as a crutch. Bleeding hearts abound.

What a great cause. I've read about the damage done to indigenous kids and their communities from Canada to Australia. Hooray to Fish and Bart! This month's heroes

::) ::) ::) ::)

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2020, 01:22:41 AM »
White guilt. Whiners who continue to use the past as a crutch. Bleeding hearts abound.
+1

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2020, 05:37:07 AM »
+1

I didn't know you lived in Illinois

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2020, 09:25:40 AM »

After battling addiction and getting his life back on track, former Stanley Cup winner Reggie Leach is devoted to making a difference in the First Nation Community. No White Guilt for Reggie. @KSM32 .
Let us not forget Bryan Trottier & Sheldon Souray :)

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2020, 09:40:06 AM »

@TigerLily thank you. Here is the thing-COVID-19 threatens to devastate Canada’s charities.
About 150,000 Indigenous children were sent to residential schools between 1883 and 1996 when the last school closed. Imagine that...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2020, 10:26:01 AM »
@TigerLily thank you. Here is the thing-COVID-19 threatens to devastate Canada’s charities.
About 150,000 Indigenous children were sent to residential schools between 1883 and 1996 when the last school closed. Imagine that...
Fish, the 'Covid" hits everybody. Even white kids. Most of the native families breed just for the extra welfare at the expense of those who actually WORK. Many native families are career welfare recipients and are quite content raising their kids that way generation after generation. These children do not aspire to make anything of themselves or build a better life when they're raised thinking that they are victims and that the white man owes them something for the rest of their lives. Talk about a pandemic.

I wouldn't be surprised if their children didn't have names but just went by their case file number. BC-77081 - 88C

You have a kind heart and I applaud that but..

Good for Reggie and the very few others who took life by the horns and made IT work for them.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2020, 11:21:39 AM »
Fish, the 'Covid" hits everybody. Even white kids. Most of the native families breed just for the extra welfare at the expense of those who actually WORK. Many native families are career welfare recipients and are quite content raising their kids that way generation after generation. These children do not aspire to make anything of themselves or build a better life when they're raised thinking that they are victims and that the white man owes them something for the rest of their lives. Talk about a pandemic.

I wouldn't be surprised if their children didn't have names but just went by their case file number. BC-77081 - 88C

You have a kind heart and I applaud that but..

Good for Reggie and the very few others who took life by the horns and made IT work for them.
My brain is bigger than my heart. I do not have a kind heart to adults. I have a kind heart to children and animals.
Since I enjoy hockey and cold weather, I thought I would like the movie 'Indian Horse.'  This movie is so dark. I had imagine Canada without a dark history.  I was so naive. 

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2020, 01:11:38 PM »
My brain is bigger than my heart. I do not have a kind heart to adults. I have a kind heart to children and animals.
Since I enjoy hockey and cold weather, I thought I would like the movie 'Indian Horse.'  This movie is so dark. I had imagine Canada without a dark history.  I was so naive. 

Don't mind @KSM32 , @FISH
He is just upset that people find their long hair cool and his silly.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2020, 01:13:12 PM »
These children do not aspire to make anything of themselves or build a better life when they're raised thinking that they are victims and

Seems like you are referring to Albertans.
Them greasy 'bertans from 'berta.
I don't need to work, I gots oil!

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2020, 01:45:09 PM »
Don't mind @KSM32 , @FISH
He is just upset that people find their long hair cool and his silly.

I did not know about Canada's dark history.
My first trip to Montreal...on to Old Quebec City, I was naive about the beer but not naive about the long hair musicians.
Yé yé yé
Who-ou-who-who ou-who yé
Yé yé yé
J'ai besoin de m'amuser @anniem (I need to have fun ).

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2020, 01:59:12 PM »
I didn't know you lived in Illinois

:-X

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2020, 02:13:06 PM »
I did not know about Canada's dark history.
My first trip to Montreal...on to Old Quebec City, I was naive about the beer but not naive about the long hair musicians.
Yé yé yé
Who-ou-who-who ou-who yé
Yé yé yé
J'ai besoin de m'amuser @anniem (I need to have fun ).

My motto!