Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 274740 times)

anniem

• Ellevated
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #660 on: April 12, 2019, 12:32:38 PM »
TY, they look pretty sweet:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I like the neck wrap style as they stay where you want them too. :)

They do. I have long hair,  some other brands don't stay put. The airs are new, had a problem with the multifunction button and they were fast to set me up with replacements. I cancelled the return when it occurred to me that they were fine until I installed spotify.  Uninstalled it, all is well. But the customer service was just what I would want.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
« Reply #661 on: April 12, 2019, 01:05:00 PM »
I have some ancient Realstic brand phones like that - good old Radio Shack, they made some decent stuff in the day...

I like this style, or yours, because you can hammer out a strong treadmill workout and never pop an ear bud, and how anoying is that!

But they're due to be replaced, yours look aces.

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #662 on: April 12, 2019, 01:21:30 PM »
Aftershokz.  Husband has titaniums, I have air. Airs are noticably lighter. Oh, in weight, not color.  ;)

Oh geez, now you have me reading about these on Amazon... good stuff! Thank you! +1
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
« Reply #663 on: April 12, 2019, 01:26:19 PM »
I have some ancient Realstic brand phones like that - good old Radio Shack, they made some decent stuff in the day...

I like this style, or yours, because you can hammer out a strong treadmill workout and never pop an ear bud, and how anoying is that!

I still have an old Aiwa pair (blue, of course!  ;)) with the neck band style, I liked them. Earbuds NEVER stay in my ears, I don't care how many alternate rubber tips they offer, they are all too big and just don't stay in. I have a cheapo boom mike type that hangs over my ear and has a mike in front of my mouth to use when driving (I am not a fan of bluetooth and it's waves doncha know), and that works just fine.

At night I have a pair of "ladies' sports earbuds (I forget the brand, not terribly expensive, got 'em in Target) that has a weird rubber movable tip that actually goes into the ear canal a bit and stays put, sort of like the old cell phone high-end ones I had that sat in my ear the same way. I could still hear everything else, but at least these stay in place.

Oh, how complicated technology can be!  ;)
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #664 on: April 12, 2019, 02:41:26 PM »
Oh geez, now you have me reading about these on Amazon... good stuff! Thank you! +1

MRI came back. It said "words words words, things and stuff, words stuff and stuff" Nothing terrible, but there is some things not right. I have no idea what it means, nothing terrible. Some  structural business. Let you know more after the next doctor visit.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #665 on: April 12, 2019, 02:47:21 PM »
MRI came back. It said "words words words, things and stuff, words stuff and stuff" Nothing terrible, but there is some things not right. I have no idea what it means, nothing terrible. Some  structural business. Let you know more after the next doctor visit.
@anniem , word word words and something is not right! OK, time for more words from the doctor. ::) I hope things work out well for you. Keep me posted.

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #666 on: April 12, 2019, 02:50:59 PM »
Earlier today, I listened to an old Art Bell show and really enjoyed hearing the show.
I am now listening to Phil Hendrie's Art Bell parody clips. Just too funny.

https://www.philhendrieshow.com/ph_episode/click-art-bell-marathon-48-hours-straight-starting-friday-4-12-12am/

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #667 on: April 12, 2019, 02:51:33 PM »
I'm not sure to tell you the truth. My Dad had COPD that contributed to his passing so I saw how struggling for each breath 24/7 could be a difficult thing to deal with especially for a broadcaster of his popularity doing live programs and maintain the quality he was known for. Art mentioned in some broadcasts he always wanted the best audio for his shows and was proud of the results. Then again, he also mentioned he was concerned for the safety of his family and I can relate to a statement like that. I was not his neighbor so it's just my take on things with admittedly really no first hand knowledge. Did anyone else in his neighborhood officially report the sounds of gunfire that night? It's the desert so sound especially at night will carry very well if close by. I really didn't follow that incident after Art spoke about it on the air.

We had a scare when we had to have COPD ruled out for my mother. Luckily it only ended up being exertional asthma. I thought there was corroboration from the neighbor who turned out to be feather. So who knows, I had the impression that it was a true thing.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #668 on: April 12, 2019, 02:53:51 PM »
I do sometimes. Still good. But especially if a "new" one pops up somewhere on the interwebs or I find one in the archives that I missed. I like the folks who recorded the whole show also. Sometimes I get confused and then realize the weather report or whatever is from 20years ago and not even about my area. Also the local commercials or local news is funny. Flashback. And, strangely, how much of the world hasn't changed: big "weather event," some bombings in the Middle East, traffic, some wars in the same places, illegal immigration, etc.

They are still good. We've been listening to the old shows recently. I don't think we came across any weather reports and whatnot, but I'm sure it is just a matter of time. So many years, so many shows.  :)

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #669 on: April 12, 2019, 03:01:11 PM »
@anniem , word word words and something is not right! OK, time for more words from the doctor. ::) I hope things work out well for you. Keep me posted.

No problem, really don't worry. I have some arthritis in my foot that has basically locked the toe. It hurts quite a bit and I intend to have it fixed. Years ago they found chronic synovitis in this ankle and it can be bothersome, so I figured if I am going to to have foot work I might as well see what is going on in the ankle. If something can improve that, well, we'll be right there anyhow so "all at once" makes sense to me. Next appointment will be in the summer, there is no urgency to it all. Thanks for asking!

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
« Reply #670 on: April 12, 2019, 03:10:13 PM »
No problem, really don't worry. I have some arthritis in my foot that has basically locked the toe. It hurts quite a bit and I intend to have it fixed. Years ago they found chronic synovitis in this ankle and it can be bothersome, so I figured if I am going to to have foot work I might as well see what is going on in the ankle. If something can improve that, well, we'll be right there anyhow so "all at once" makes sense to me. Next appointment will be in the summer, there is no urgency to it all. Thanks for asking!
Sound like you have a good plan. Still sorry to know that you have a bad foot/ankle. Please do not take any advise from @CptCrisp  regarding a bad foot/ankle. :o

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #671 on: April 12, 2019, 03:16:16 PM »
Thank you anniem. That was very kind of you to say. COPD does indeed make the day long struggling constantly to get air. He had a great sense of humor and I have nice memories of the past when I think of him and I sharing a laugh. I also share those moments with family and friends from time to time and it puts a smile on my face. We all know what it's like to deal with sorrow and heartache in one way or another. I prefer to enjoy the wonderful memories of him that pop up unexpectedly here and there as we travel the yellow brick road. (Insert Hippy moment of reflection): After all, from the moment after we are born, we only get one chance to do our best to get it right and enjoy life as best we can. Of course, some Art Bell open line callers might argue with my (one chance) statement. Said in my best Art Bell voice-" Tonight's show. Time travel". Wink..wink.

AH, this was the message I wanted to get back to. My Dad also had a great sense of humor. There were ongoing jokes we had and he comes to mind when something he would have had a response to comes up.  Those sound like the things you describe as memories that pop up. We were all also taught to always do our best. My mother told us that when they got married and started to have kids they decided that they wanted to have fun with us, not living in a strict ways loaded with rules. There was one rule mainly. "We are known in town, do not embarrass us."

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #672 on: April 12, 2019, 03:18:43 PM »
Dayyyyyyyyuuuummmmmm (as the kids say)

I`m all about that! Sunday night!

Don't forget the replay of his last interview and the podcast interview of his friend Karen Jackson, both tomorrow.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #673 on: April 12, 2019, 03:23:07 PM »

I like them. Earbuds just are never comfortable. I wonder if it is because I have small ear canals, or so the ENT doc said they were small. I can hear very well. There was ONE pair of ear buds that were terrific, they were comfortable sennheisers that had a great sound. The ear buds now seem to seal up your ears and I don't like that at all.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #674 on: April 12, 2019, 03:27:25 PM »
I still have an old Aiwa pair (blue, of course!  ;)) with the neck band style, I liked them. Earbuds NEVER stay in my ears, I don't care how many alternate rubber tips they offer, they are all too big and just don't stay in. I have a cheapo boom mike type that hangs over my ear and has a mike in front of my mouth to use when driving (I am not a fan of bluetooth and it's waves doncha know), and that works just fine.

Small ear canals are a sign of great intelligence.
I didn't hear that anywhere, but I am certain it is true true true!
I did not know you had thoughts about blue tooth. Blue teeth?

At night I have a pair of "ladies' sports earbuds (I forget the brand, not terribly expensive, got 'em in Target) that has a weird rubber movable tip that actually goes into the ear canal a bit and stays put, sort of like the old cell phone high-end ones I had that sat in my ear the same way. I could still hear everything else, but at least these stay in place.
Oh, how complicated technology can be!  ;)

I know!!