Author Topic: Knives Out  (Read 1645 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Knives Out
« on: December 20, 2019, 01:33:27 PM »
If somebody else saw this maybe they could help me.  I went to the the film after hearing the positive reviews.  In fact, I saw a trailer for it while at another movie and was interested.  It was supposed to be a funny, witty, and engaging "whodunit."  I thought it was boring.  Absolutely boring.  Maybe it was my state of mind?  Maybe I forced myself to go?  Maybe I expected more?  I can see where, on occasion, it tried to be subtle and clever at times.  Nonetheless, I feel I wasted my time.  On a 5 star scale I'd give it 2 and a half.  I've had doubts about movies before, and after seeing them a second time I thought better of it.  However, I don't have the desire to give this a second chance whatsoever.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
Re: Knives Out
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2019, 02:42:27 PM »
If somebody else saw this maybe they could help me.  I went to the the film after hearing the positive reviews.  In fact, I saw a trailer for it while at another movie and was interested.  It was supposed to be a funny, witty, and engaging "whodunit."  I thought it was boring.  Absolutely boring.  Maybe it was my state of mind?  Maybe I forced myself to go?  Maybe I expected more?  I can see where, on occasion, it tried to be subtle and clever at times.  Nonetheless, I feel I wasted my time.  On a 5 star scale I'd give it 2 and a half.  I've had doubts about movies before, and after seeing them a second time I thought better of it.  However, I don't have the desire to give this a second chance whatsoever.

But did you get to second base?
Are we having fun yet?

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 02:51:01 PM »

Ha!   What does he get if he suffers through Cats?

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 02:57:23 PM »
Ha!   What does he get if he suffers through Cats?

Cat scratch fever
Are we having fun yet?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 06:13:38 PM »

I cannot say, I have not seen it.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 08:57:43 AM »

@GravitySucks  Heck man.  I can't even get on base.   :(

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2019, 08:59:04 AM »
I cannot say, I have not seen it.

@anniem  Then go see it!  I need closure!  ;D ;)

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2019, 09:07:07 AM »
@GravitySucks  Heck man.  I can't even get on base.   :(

Sometimes you need to just lean into the fastball.  Come on @ShayP   take one for the team. 
Are we having fun yet?

TacoBell

• Elluminati
  • Oh shit, a bee
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2020, 10:11:41 PM »
Thought it was a bit drawn out. Liked Don Johnson in the film.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2020, 01:51:01 PM »
Thought it was a bit drawn out. Liked Don Johnson in the film.

I agree totally. I liked Daniel Craig as well.  Everyone else can kiss it.

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2020, 12:58:48 PM »
I really liked it, might be in my top 3 of the year. I love the "extended twist" and was pretty unique. Daniel Craig was fantastic and I really want to follow this character in more mystery adventures. I also liked that we never know if Craig is top of his game or a bit of a buffoon lol.

For me the movie I was super excited after reviewers and previews, and friends opinion was The Lighthouse, it's good but it didn't really connect with me

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2020, 09:37:15 PM »
Nice to see two Blade Runner actors in the film.

The only actor's portrayals that I didn't appreciate much were Daniel Craig and Lakeeith Stanfield.