Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 274745 times)

Morgus

• Elluminati
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #825 on: June 18, 2019, 02:38:49 PM »
Yesterday June 17 was Art Bell's birthday.

Millicent

• KIDD
« Reply #826 on: November 17, 2019, 12:49:00 PM »
Has anyone subscribed to the Art Bell vault on Coast? If you have is it worth the membership and are the shows ones that have not been in circulation prior? Thanks for any information on this.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #827 on: November 17, 2019, 02:59:43 PM »
Has anyone subscribed to the Art Bell vault on Coast? If you have is it worth the membership and are the shows ones that have not been in circulation prior? Thanks for any information on this.

While I don't know what the catalog includes, Art had said that there was a Hi-Fi VHS recording of each show. Hi-Fi VHS audio what is the equivalent of 15 ips (inches per second) reel-to-reel audio quality. Better than anything you would have heard unless you had satellite reception of the network feed.  One can only presume that they are digging through those tapes.

I could speculate that the issuance of these recordings could be to establish ownership versus all the streaming services that play old Chancellor Broadcasting editions of C2C.

or, more likely:

IT COULD ALSO BE THAT THEY JUST NEED THE FRESH BLOOD BECAUSE GEORGE IS NOT DRAWING ENOUGH NEW SUBSCRIBERS.

😁😁😁
Eh, nevermind...

Millicent

• KIDD
« Reply #828 on: November 23, 2019, 06:20:53 PM »

Millicent

• KIDD
« Reply #829 on: November 23, 2019, 06:22:28 PM »

Millicent

• KIDD
« Reply #830 on: November 23, 2019, 06:25:43 PM »

Millicent

• KIDD
« Reply #831 on: November 23, 2019, 06:28:14 PM »

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #832 on: November 23, 2019, 07:03:22 PM »
@Millicent Single Seven was a good one. I have the Mothman Prophecies book (John Keel) Bought it in 2011..  I guess I should actually read the damn thing some day.  :P  Alas   I've heard the interview so many times that I feel like I've read the book.  I've read the front and back cover several times, though ;D

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #833 on: November 23, 2019, 07:23:53 PM »
...  One can only presume that they are digging through those tapes.

Yes, George and Tommy are on it! 

George said they were scattered all over the office.  No doubt some are damaged or lost, perhaps they've been moved around at least several times since they were acquired from Art. 

I'm not picturing Noory being all that concerned about them, or even understanding their significance.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #834 on: November 23, 2019, 07:42:03 PM »
Didn't Art used to sell tapes of the shows?  Shouldn't those be floating around out there somewhere?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #835 on: November 23, 2019, 08:34:00 PM »
Didn't Art used to sell tapes of the shows?  Shouldn't those be floating around out there somewhere?

Was it tapes or were transcripts being sold?  I remember in the real early days he used to pitch them.  Maybe pre-1998? Pre-1996? 

I'd imagine low quality high-speed copying would leave a lot to be desired.

Too bad Art or CBC decided to disclose the existence of the Hi-Fi tapes... I'd imagine the only ones who knew the tapes' true value would be all the time travelers and maybe Ramona.

Eh, nevermind...

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #836 on: November 23, 2019, 09:19:12 PM »
@Millicent Single Seven was a good one. I have the Mothman Prophecies book (John Keel) Bought it in 2011..  I guess I should actually read the damn thing some day.  :P  Alas   I've heard the interview so many times that I feel like I've read the book.  I've read the front and back cover several times, though ;D

The book has a lot more information. Especially Keel's experiences after Point Pleasant. With Indrid Cold and lots more paranormal woo. I lent my copy out and never got it back. Hopefully it made the rounds to a lot of people
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #837 on: November 23, 2019, 09:21:26 PM »

@Millicent rocks! Thanks for posting the shows. We used to be all about Art but have lost our way 😿

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #838 on: November 23, 2019, 09:28:25 PM »
The book has a lot more information. Especially Keel's experiences after Point Pleasant. With Indrid Cold and lots more paranormal woo. I lent my copy out and never got it back. Hopefully it made the rounds to a lot of people
@TigerLily As is the norm where the movie, or interview never really ever really never ever ever comes close to the book. If I could stand sit still or remain stationary for more than 20 minutes I'd surely dive in to many books.  I thought Gere was good in the movie.

@Millicent rocks! Thanks for posting the shows. We used to be all about Art but have lost our way 😿
Speak for yourself. I hear the show daily through my custom made coffee mug anntenna.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #839 on: November 23, 2019, 09:39:57 PM »
@TigerLily As is the norm where the movie, or interview never really ever really never ever ever comes close to the book. If I could stand sit still or remain stationary for more than 20 minutes I'd surely dive in to many books.  I thought Gere was good in the movie.
Speak for yourself. I hear the show daily through my custom made coffee mug anntenna.

I've watched the movie about a bazillion times. Yes, Gere was very good. And so was the sheriff. Can't remember her name atm. I've always been a major reader. But I have lots of great books, hard copy and uploaded, just waiting for me. I think the internet and asocial media has affected my attention span