Author Topic: Lou Gentile / Kevin Smith or similar  (Read 820 times)

Enard P Farkwark

• Full of It
  • KNYE
  • Something something danger zone.
Lou Gentile / Kevin Smith or similar
« on: December 01, 2018, 12:13:49 PM »
Anyone else listen to Lou Gentile or Kevin Smith many years ago?  The apparently very low production overhead and same three drunks calling in each night actually made it kind of fun in an odd way.

If you did listen to one of those, anyone listening to something similar today?  Both those guys passed away years ago.
Babu!!!!

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
Re: Lou Gentile / Kevin Smith or similar
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 04:28:39 PM »
Yes listened to them both.

Started listening to Lou Gentile 2003. Kevin Smith was also on that same network as Lou back in 2003 but I never gave him a listen then. Finally heard Kevin in 2007. I have all his shows from 2008 onward.
Kevin was my favorite host because I personally thought he asked poignant questions and he was very intelligent. What a f'n loss it was to lose him in 2013.

Kind of ironic that you mention Lou Gentile as I had just found 2 shows from 2003 last night that I had burnt off on a CD. I have more of his shows burnt off but can't find it at this time.

Only recommendation to something similar is Don Ecker. He's been around for a long time and you probably already know of him.
He's another ex-cop, like Kevin Smith, was who got stuck into all these paranormal topics.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/dark-matters-radio-with-don-ecker/id511535435

I'm not sure what his schedule is like. I find he is prone to taking a few weeks off at a time here and there.

Enard P Farkwark

• Full of It
  • KNYE
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 07:37:15 PM »
Cool. Thanks for the recommendation.  Yeah it was a shame to lose them.  I always enjoyed the “unproduced” feeling of both their shows. I think I just happened upon them both because they were on the same network as well. Honestly they seemed to get a lot of the same guests from time to time as the Snoory did. Pretty sure I remember the likes of Stanton Friedman and others on both shows. Just less commercial feeling.

I’ll give your recommendation a listen. Any others certainly welcome also.
Babu!!!!

Enard P Farkwark

• Full of It
  • KNYE
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 07:53:52 PM »
Is he really still podcasting?  I think I’m seeing a last show date sometime in 2017.
Babu!!!!