Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 287595 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #2265 on: April 14, 2024, 08:16:43 AM »
2024 is not complete. Thats why i didnt count it. To me a year is a complete year. All 12 months.

But yes if you start in april its 6 years. Calm down. No one said we had to be academic ffs

Very informative.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #2266 on: April 14, 2024, 08:24:28 AM »
Very informative.

Insightful. It is kind of like rounding to the nearest 12th... One grunt for daytime, two grunts for nighttime; ha ha ha ha ha ha...
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2267 on: April 14, 2024, 10:23:14 AM »
How many shows of Somewhere in Time can play something from 30 years ago to the week and be spot on with current issues? Only Art fucking Bell. April 8, 1994. Holy fucking cow, no, it's not that surprising. But it is amazing how Those people are shit and shit up back then are still involved in shitting shit up now.

And open lines, Art brings up the fact that Kurt Cobain had just committed suicide, that was April 3 or April 4, was it not? I'm not going to Google that. I remember when I heard the news. I was driving home from the Taylor guitars factory which was down the street from my house At the time...
Hmm  I know I have that one. Now I'll have to check it oot!

Not sure what it is, but I have never really listened to alot of Dreamland.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2268 on: April 14, 2024, 11:53:11 AM »
Hmm  I know I have that one. Now I'll have to check it oot!

Not sure what it is, but I have never really listened to alot of Dreamland.

Holy cow, I forgot the most important thing! During this coast to Coast show, he said he was going to talk about his Ouija board incident for the one and only time on the following dreamland. Argh! Good thing you reminded me.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2269 on: April 14, 2024, 01:59:33 PM »
Holy cow, I forgot the most important thing! During this coast to Coast show, he said he was going to talk about his Ouija board incident for the one and only time on the following dreamland. Argh! Good thing you reminded me.
HOLY COW? LOLOL  You actually said that? Love it!
I'm going to talk about it tonight. Don't worry, won't mention you, I'll just say that a friend used the term. "Holy cow"  ;D

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2270 on: April 14, 2024, 06:13:13 PM »
Art would be all over the latest advances in AI tech.
He loved to jump on new tech from those first webcam pics to streaming on Periscope, he loved the toys.
I am sure he would also understand how it will disrupt what remains of broadcast radio - from creating his own bumper music to having an AI newsreader.
On the other hand he would probably fall for a new AI pic of alien contact every show.

He thought things were moving quickly before but his brain would explode if he came back today and saw someone write a few corny lyrics and 20 minutes later have a full song and video done.

Look, @Exile , SANDSQUATCH!

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #2271 on: April 14, 2024, 09:37:36 PM »
HOLY COW? LOLOL  You actually said that? Love it!
I'm going to talk about it tonight. Don't worry, won't mention you, I'll just say that a friend used the term. "Holy cow"  ;D

https://www.reddit.com/r/ArtBell/comments/tjd9l9/arts_ouija_board_story/
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2273 on: April 15, 2024, 05:29:10 PM »
Oh! Interesting.

Rather detailed. For us not to have heard anything about it in this forum and the old world seems very odd. I would like to hear that dreamland after his April 1994 SiT Where he mentioned he was going to recount the story on Dreamland.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2274 on: April 16, 2024, 05:25:47 PM »
Rather detailed. For us not to have heard anything about it in this forum and the old world seems very odd. I would like to hear that dreamland after his April 1994 SiT Where he mentioned he was going to recount the story on Dreamland.
The episode I have with the same date is a C2C show and not Dreamland. He doesn't speak of it on that particular show, so I don't know. The story link is suspicious IMO.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2275 on: April 16, 2024, 05:41:47 PM »
The episode I have with the same date is a C2C show and not Dreamland. He doesn't speak of it on that particular show, so I don't know. The story link is suspicious IMO.

To clarify, in that C2C show, with whatever, April 1994 date, he says that in the next Dreamland he will discuss the Ouija board story. My guess is that he said that towards the end of the show. I don't recall though. Now you must listen to that entire show to hear what he says and then you can track down the Dreamland because your soul will not rest until you solve this mystery.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2276 on: April 16, 2024, 08:28:39 PM »
To clarify, in that C2C show, with whatever, April 1994 date, he says that in the next Dreamland he will discuss the Ouija board story. My guess is that he said that towards the end of the show. I don't recall though. Now you must listen to that entire show to hear what he says and then you can track down the Dreamland because your soul will not rest until you solve this mystery.

Oh. Ok. Well now I have to make a point to check this out.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2277 on: April 20, 2024, 09:51:05 PM »
Tonight's SiT:  April 13, 1998... Prepping for radiation exposure and survival. Ted Wright.  Illuminati line, PremSuck radio purchase party and a time machine... What a difference 20 years makes.
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2278 on: April 21, 2024, 07:13:55 AM »
Art's Website, post retirement. Check out all of the Keith Rowland links:

https://web.archive.org/web/20021127101431/http://www.artbell.com/
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2279 on: April 21, 2024, 07:37:34 AM »
Art's Website, post retirement. Check out all of the Keith Rowland links:

https://web.archive.org/web/20021127101431/http://www.artbell.com/
Wow. Still looks the exact same. Take's ya back, makes me want to listen to a show from 97 or 98.