Author Topic: A place for GOOD news  (Read 2454 times)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
  • "I am fond of the sound of horses in the night."
A place for GOOD news
« on: April 25, 2019, 12:31:24 PM »
And let's lead with the best of the week, a true miracle:

https://fox8.com/2019/04/23/truly-a-miracle-pastor-says-child-thrown-from-3rd-floor-mall-balcony-has-no-brain-damage/

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BLOOMINGTON, Minn. – The 5-year-old boy who was thrown off a third-floor balcony at the Mall of America is showing “real signs of recovery,” according to a post on behalf of the family.

According to KARE, Mac Hammond, the pastor at the family’s church, said the boy, who he identified as Landen, had gone through an MRI that lasted five hours and referred to the results as “truly a miracle.”

“Doctors said they found no brain damage — not even any swelling,” Hammond said at the service. “No spinal damage, no nerve damage … doctors are saying it is truly a miracle.”

The pastor said that doctors described the injuries as if he “fell off a bicycle instead of off the third floor of the mall.”

https://www.gofundme.com/f/Landonprayers

:)

anniem

• Ellevated
Re: A place for GOOD news
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 02:47:53 PM »
@26 horses I have a question. Would it be considered Good News if a person saved thier own life using thier legally owned firearm and the criminal does not live on as a result?

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 04:55:17 PM »
@26 horses I have a question. Would it be considered Good News if a person saved thier own life using thier legally owned firearm and the criminal does not live on as a result?

The saving of a life is always good news, whereas the loss of one can't be anything but a regret for poor choices made and some failure of family or friends to know and impact how a miscreant's path wanders away from positivity.

If you talk to any combat vet, and few will choose to expound on the horrors they've seen, you'll find a wistful pool of sadness that things ever had to get so far along.

In my mind's eye it's roughly the same when you punch out (good or bad) if matters are unfinished - perplexing and for many...abrupt and traumatic:

Great question btw. :)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 03:40:25 PM »

@anniem, you have my answer, so what are your feelings on the subject?

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 03:41:53 PM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/26/gdp-q1-2019-first-read.html
US economy grows by 3.2% in the first quarter, topping expectations

First-quarter gross domestic product expanded by 3.2%, the Bureau of Economic Analysis said in its initial read of the economy for that period.
Economists polled by Dow Jones expected the U.S. economy increased by 2.5% in the first quarter.
Gross domestic product for the first quarter was the best start to a year since 2015.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 03:47:53 PM »
https://www.studyfinds.org/encounters-with-god-under-influence-lasting-mental-benefits/

People who claim they’ve seen God may not be so crazy after all. A study by researchers at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine found that those who have had divine encounter experiences — the sensation of seeing a God-like figure or a profound, enhanced reality or truth — reap lasting mental benefits.

Many have reported experiencing these deeply religious visions spontaneously or while under the influence of psychedelic drugs like psilocybin “magic” mushrooms or the Amazonian drink ayahuasca. Some of these experiences were described as encounters with God or an “ultimate reality,” bringing sudden, striking clarity to their lives and existence in general. And interestingly, even if the encounter occurred on a psychedelic trip, researchers say the benefits are still the same.

“Experiences that people describe as encounters with God or a representative of God have been reported for thousands of years, and they likely form the basis of many of the world’s religions,” says lead researcher Roland Griffiths, Ph.D., a professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, in a release. “And although modern Western medicine doesn’t typically consider ‘spiritual’ or ‘religious’ experiences as one of the tools in the arsenal against sickness, our findings suggest that these encounters often lead to improvements in mental health.”

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 04:03:08 PM »

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 04:11:09 PM »

Weren’t bombs already banned?
Are we having fun yet?

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 04:27:03 PM »
Kinda helps in IDing the bombers... 8)

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2019, 04:32:56 PM »
Kinda helps in IDing the bombers... 8)

Then banning them is a bad thing?
Are we having fun yet?

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 04:38:22 PM »
Then banning them is a bad thing?

Point - sadly like the American Burqa, they diminish facial recognition accuracy.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2019, 12:14:44 AM »
Just, damn, sweet in Peterborough, Ontario. Saw a lot of this kind of stuff when I was a kid. Yeah that's right, I was a baby goat. Problem?? :D

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2019, 12:57:18 AM »
Butting in, isn't that the whole point?  https://komonews.com/news/local/homeowner-kills-burglary-suspect-inside-home-in-white-center
Yay for the Castle Doctrine!  I'm not saying killing your offender is good by any means, but it's far better than a likely alternative.

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2019, 01:36:19 PM »
Just, damn, sweet in Peterborough, Ontario. Saw a lot of this kind of stuff when I was a kid. Yeah that's right, I was a baby goat. Problem?? :D

Love how they recognize him later after the tagging - yeah "kiddo" that's really good news! Btw, cows are known for dropping them in some odd places, but next to the e-fence and by the water? Wow - that's bovine brains for ya! ::)

26 horses

• Nursery Resident
  • Ellightened
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2019, 01:37:02 PM »
Butting in, isn't that the whole point?  https://komonews.com/news/local/homeowner-kills-burglary-suspect-inside-home-in-white-center
Yay for the Castle Doctrine!  I'm not saying killing your offender is good by any means, but it's far better than a likely alternative.

+1 because innocent people deserve to live.

:)