Author Topic: TV Series Binge Watching  (Read 38362 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
TV Series Binge Watching
« on: November 19, 2018, 11:51:00 PM »
Recently bought the Boston Legal box set, five seasons. Not sure why because I hate television and I hate sitting for long periods of time but I spent the weekend on season one and I'm hooked. James Spader and William Shatner are perfect as egomaniacal  self absorbed mouthpiece attorneys.

"Denny Crane" - Denny Crane

….  I've heard good things about Madmen..  ?

ponyboysunset

• Elluminati
  • Just your average otter
Re: TV Series Binge Watching
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 04:40:57 AM »
Recently bought the Boston Legal box set, five seasons. Not sure why because I hate television and I hate sitting for long periods of time but I spent the weekend on season one and I'm hooked. James Spader and William Shatner are perfect as egomaniacal  self absorbed mouthpiece attorneys.

"Denny Crane" - Denny Crane

….  I've heard good things about Madmen..  ?
Mad Men is excellent. I have watched it three times through now and it never gets old. Have you watched Breaking Bad? Ozark is amazing as well.

Bobs Your Uncle

• Ellightened
  • "It is your birthday"
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 07:17:36 AM »
Mostly binge watching British murder mysteries.  Foyle's War was really good.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 05:09:18 PM »
Have you watched Breaking Bad? Ozark is amazing as well.
@ponyboysunset
I have yet to watch one episode of;

Breaking Bad

Game of thrones

Walking dead

Sons of anarchy and many, many more. I mean like zilch!

Speaking of madmen, from what I know those guys really knew how to treat a lady :P I have the box set and it also came with two scotch glasses like the ones you see them drinking from as well as coasters and a cigar cutter. Bought it for my wife a few years back so I might check it out, in a binge sorta way.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 05:18:36 PM »
@ponyboysunset
I have yet to watch one episode of;

Breaking Bad

Game of thrones

Walking dead

Sons of anarchy and many, many more. I mean like zilch!

Speaking of madmen, from what I know those guys really knew how to treat a lady :P I have the box set and it also came with two scotch glasses like the ones you see them drinking from as well as coasters and a cigar cutter. Bought it for my wife a few years back so I might check it out, in a binge sorta way.

Breaking Bad was pretty good. It’s spinoff Better Call Saul seems pretty good too.

Orange Is The New Black was a surprise series I found myself binge watching.
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 12:09:08 AM »
Breaking Bad was pretty good. It’s spinoff Better Call Saul seems pretty good too.

Orange Is The New Black was a surprise series I found myself binge watching.
I had no idea that Better Call Saul was a TV series let alone a spinoff of one. Hmm, this could all get rather time consuming.

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 08:42:21 PM »
There is so many to list but it entirely depends on what type of show you are into.

Here are some,

Vikings, Humans, The Man In The High Castle, Orphan Black, Halt And Catch Fire, Counterpart, Bosch, Altered Carbon, Travelers, The First, Ozark, Mr. Mercedes, Bodyguard, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Deuce, Black Mirror, 11.22.63, The OA, Colony, The Rain, The Handmaid's Tale, The Expanse, The Strain, Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams, Dark, The Leftovers, The Wire, Six Feet Under, The Sopranos, Deadwood, Jericho, The Killing, The Shield, Farscape, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Star Trek Voyager, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, Star Trek Enterprise, Justified, The Missing, Quantum Leap, Dark Matter, Oz, Peaky Blinders, Alias Grace, Godless

I'm about to start watching this show Origin. I can't get enough of sci-fi and/or space based stories. So here's hoping this one is good.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2018, 11:43:12 AM »
There is so many to list but it entirely depends on what type of show you are into.

Here are some,

Vikings, Humans, The Man In The High Castle, Orphan Black, Halt And Catch Fire, Counterpart, Bosch, Altered Carbon, Travelers, The First, Ozark, Mr. Mercedes, Bodyguard, Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Deuce, Black Mirror, 11.22.63, The OA, Colony, The Rain, The Handmaid's Tale, The Expanse, The Strain, Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams, Dark, The Leftovers, The Wire, Six Feet Under, The Sopranos, Deadwood, Jericho, The Killing, The Shield, Farscape, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Star Trek Voyager, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, Star Trek Enterprise, Justified, The Missing, Quantum Leap, Dark Matter, Oz, Peaky Blinders, Alias Grace, Godless

The Sopranos, forgot to add that one to my list of eventual binges. I see you mention The Killing, my wife really liked that one. Not to mention The Handmades Tale.

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 08:35:26 PM »
The Sopranos, forgot to add that one to my list of eventual binges. I see you mention The Killing, my wife really liked that one. Not to mention The Handmades Tale.

The Killing was very good. The 4th season was just ok though as it was a departure from the previous 3 seasons.

I liked The Handmaid's Tale. The acting and atmosphere of most scenes are incredible.
But I did not like how the 2nd season ended.

Kingfish

• KDWN
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2018, 08:16:22 PM »
Mostly binge watching British murder mysteries.  Foyle's War was really good.

Agreed.  Have you watched "Murder in Paradise" yet?  More of a comedic murder mystery from the BBC, but well written.
The cast has been very fluid, they are on their third lead actor so far.  The second lead was better than 1 or 3, maybe because he was there for enough seasons to develop the character.

Bluejay

• Gif Ninja
  • Ellevated
  • West of the Rockies
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2018, 08:35:47 PM »

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2018, 10:37:57 PM »
The only series I've watched all the way through more than once is Corner Gas, and Cheers. Corner Gas is so wholesome, I had no idea the entire series was up on YT by its very creators.

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2018, 09:13:25 AM »
With the voice of David Attenborough taking you on a journey.
Looking forward to begin watching this soon.

DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2018, 09:57:08 AM »
Just binged season 3 of Travelers on Netflix. Intelligent sci fi. Well worth a look if you haven’t!
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2018, 10:24:02 AM »
Just binged season 3 of Travelers on Netflix. Intelligent sci fi. Well worth a look if you haven’t!
the first two seasons were great.  Looking fwd to hitting season 3 Christmas eve day.