Author Topic: TELL/ASK Another Forum Member - Anything!  (Read 135884 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: TELL/ASK Another Forum Member - Anything!
« Reply #225 on: July 02, 2020, 10:31:25 PM »
As long as it aint no Dickdr.
..Admittingly, I don't know where to go with that   :-\  i know that you and he have a thing that's not of me but I tell you if we, us three, with glee met Lee you and he would be all cudly-eee.  yes.

A person's a person, no matter how small.

..WhatchewTalkinBoutWillis!!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #226 on: July 28, 2020, 10:04:09 AM »
@ShayP

You have an "appointment" downtown tomorrow at 3:30.

- Probation Officer.    ?
- Seeing a doctor about an itchy undercarriage.    ?
- A legal matter. You are suing your ex-landlord.    ?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #227 on: July 28, 2020, 03:03:34 PM »
@ShayP

You have an "appointment" downtown tomorrow at 3:30.

- Probation Officer.    ?
- Seeing a doctor about an itchy undercarriage.    ?
- A legal matter. You are suing your ex-landlord.    ?

@KSM32  LOL!  No, none of those.  It was today.  That's why I couldn't catch any of the Pens/Flyers game.  Anyway, I had to go to the Vital Records department in the Chamber of Commerce building downtown to get a birth certificate.  It took a month to get an appointment due to the virus and was a pain in the ass getting there.  Come to Pittsburgh and I'll give you a tour of how fucking stupid the roads and traffic are.  I'm pretty sure the same construction has been going on since I was a little kid.  I'll be 50 in a few months.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #228 on: July 28, 2020, 09:22:11 PM »
@KSM32  LOL!  No, none of those.  It was today.  That's why I couldn't catch any of the Pens/Flyers game.  Anyway, I had to go to the Vital Records department in the Chamber of Commerce building downtown to get a birth certificate.  It took a month to get an appointment due to the virus and was a pain in the ass getting there.  Come to Pittsburgh and I'll give you a tour of how fucking stupid the roads and traffic are.  I'm pretty sure the same construction has been going on since I was a little kid.  I'll be 50 in a few months.
@ShayP

Are you telling me that the city is horribly laid out? Perhaps the original city planner did his work thinking that it would remain a small place but he eventually died in a crash and as the town grew things got out of hand and his brilliant work was all in vein.  I have said it before that I have always been drawn to your city since the age of four. BTW Several lives ago I was a city planner.  8) ;) ???

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #229 on: July 29, 2020, 05:36:23 AM »
@ShayP

Are you telling me that the city is horribly laid out? Perhaps the original city planner did his work thinking that it would remain a small place but he eventually died in a crash and as the town grew things got out of hand and his brilliant work was all in vein.  I have said it before that I have always been drawn to your city since the age of four. BTW Several lives ago I was a city planner.  8) ;) ???

Yes. @KSM32  The endless construction makes things much worse.  It seems that any new road or highway extension they create is never a remedy.  It also doesn't help that our beloved mayor seems more concerned with adding more bike lanes than having ample parking.  I could go on and on...

So you were a city planner?  Interesting.  Oh I do know you're drawn to the 'Burgh.  I do not recall what did it for you though.  Sports related at first, right?

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #230 on: July 29, 2020, 05:51:09 AM »
This story is told about Atlanta.  There was once a restaurant in Underground Atlanta called The Olde Spaghetti Mill.  It was close to state government offices, and one day State Highway Department officials were eating lunch there.  A waitress tripped and spilled spaghetti all over the table. The head of the Highway Department jumped up, pointed, and shouted “That’s it.”
They gathered up the tablecloth with the spilled spaghetti, and that became the design of the Interstate and expressway system For the metro area.
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #231 on: July 29, 2020, 10:00:29 AM »
Yes. @KSM32  The endless construction makes things much worse.  It seems that any new road or highway extension they create is never a remedy.  It also doesn't help that our beloved mayor seems more concerned with adding more bike lanes than having ample parking.  I could go on and on...

So you were a city planner?  Interesting.  Oh I do know you're drawn to the 'Burgh.  I do not recall what did it for you though.  Sports related at first, right?
No I was never a city planner. Yes, I have always had a sort of affinity for your city. Sports related amongst other things.  I am sorry the lowly flyers beat them last night ::)

This story is told about Atlanta.  There was once a restaurant in Underground Atlanta called The Olde Spaghetti Mill.  It was close to state government offices, and one day State Highway Department officials were eating lunch there.  A waitress tripped and spilled spaghetti all over the table. The head of the Highway Department jumped up, pointed, and shouted “That’s it.”
They gathered up the tablecloth with the spilled spaghetti, and that became the design of the Interstate and expressway system For the metro area.
@juan  I want to believe you.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #232 on: July 29, 2020, 11:13:46 AM »
No I was never a city planner. Yes, I have always had a sort of affinity for your city. Sports related amongst other things.  I am sorry the lowly flyers beat them last night ::)
@juan  I want to believe you.

Playing with my emotions. ::)  ;D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #233 on: July 29, 2020, 11:17:15 AM »

I've been to Atlanta twice and I can say I did not enjoy the traffic.  Not that anyone does, but...wow, aside from the beltway up near D.C that was the worst.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #234 on: July 29, 2020, 01:48:52 PM »
I've been to Atlanta twice and I can say I did not enjoy the traffic.  Not that anyone does, but...wow, aside from the beltway up near D.C that was the worst East of the Mississippi.

FIFY
Are we having fun yet?

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #235 on: August 20, 2020, 10:17:11 AM »
@Rikki Gins

I have always wanted to ask you, do you like - GIN?  And if so are you picky, not all Gins are created equal as you likely know.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #236 on: August 20, 2020, 02:01:04 PM »
@Rikki Gins

I have always wanted to ask you, do you like - GIN?  And if so are you picky, not all Gins are created equal as you likely know.

Thanks for asking, @KSM32.  Gin is my favorite alcoholic beverage.  I used to pour in some grapefruit juice but I was put on statins so now it is orange juice.  I used to buy expensive bottles of Gin.  There is one called Crater Lake that is really good, but now that I'm a down and outer, (relatively speaking) the cheaper stuff will do.  Gordon's.  The water comes from up there in Canada. 

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #237 on: August 28, 2020, 11:15:36 AM »
@Walks_At_Night

In the What would Jesus do category:

With regards to the dog poop on your lawn problem:

Have you considered erecting a small and polite but blunt sign saying something to the effect of "Dear dog walkers, please pick up after your pets" or however you may want to word it..  yes?

It could work :)

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #238 on: August 28, 2020, 11:36:55 AM »
@Walks_At_Night

In the What would Jesus do category:

With regards to the dog poop on your lawn problem:

Have you considered erecting a small and polite but blunt sign saying something to the effect of "Dear dog walkers, please pick up after your pets" or however you may want to word it..  yes?

It could work :)

I was out working in the front yard earlier this year.  A family came up the sidewalk, first a teenage kid with a dog on a leash, and following him were what must have been his mom pushing a stroller, and his dad.  I was sort of out of their sight trimming some trees.

The kid has his dog pee in my yard, then keeps going.

I walk out from where I'm standing and ask him if he's going to wipe it up.  Total deer in the headlights, lol.  Some unpleasantries were exchanged with the father, then sort of an ongoing exchange after he continued up the street after thinking better of stopping in my driveway.  I haven't seen them since.

Is this ok - taking the dog out to pee in the neighbor's yard?  I don't want them pooping in my yard and picking it up either.  I'm supposed to mow, trim, rake leaves in that?

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #239 on: August 28, 2020, 12:16:56 PM »
Pee contains lots of nitrogen.
Merry Christmas