Author Topic: Dreams  (Read 19336 times)

Robert

• Drone Pilot
Re: Dreams
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2019, 09:42:29 AM »
Anybody ever have disorganized travel dreams?
Like for instance recently one in which I kept "going home", only to realize when I was almost there or had actually arrived that either I no longer lived where I was going, or had never lived there and had confused it with some other destination.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2019, 05:46:29 PM »
Like for instance recently one in which I kept "going home", only to realize when I was almost there or had actually arrived that either I no longer lived where I was going, or had never lived there and had confused it with some other destination.
@Robert Yeah that sounds familiar. I'm always trying to get "home' to the house I spent my teenage years in (about five minutes away from where I'm standing) but when I get there I soon realize I really never had anywhere to go because there's already a family that lives there and for some reason they reluctantly let me in and things are just awkward. If the dream keeps going past that point I have to look for work and start all over. I fucking hate this dream, it's exhausting.

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2019, 05:20:39 AM »
Well that's a cliffhanger there..  Part 2. What Happens Inside The Clover. Stay tuned?

Anybody ever have disorganized travel dreams?

Wake up in another land, can't find passport, where is all my stuff? How am I going to get to the airport and where is my horse?

Stressful travel dreams; the only dreams I ever have for years now. Exhausting. I wake up jetlagged  :-\
Yes, I have.

Another land?  No
Passport?  No.
Where's my stuff?  Yes
Getting to the airport?  Airport, no.  Other destination, yes.
Where's my Horse?  YES!  I have that dream frequently.

Oh, yeah.  +1 ;D

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2019, 01:16:10 PM »
I had a number of dreams last night but as I woke up, I could only remember two of them.  The first one found me back in school.  I was a young, grade school student, sitting in class and there was a rather pretty teacher who had nice, long, brown hair.  I can't remember what was being taught, not that it mattered because there was a time shift and I was fast forwarded a number of years into the future.  I was still at the school, and so was the teacher.  She was quite older, yet still fine looking.  I remember including myself in that assessment.  (The quite older part, anyway.) 

Dream two was yet another 'car gone wild' dream.  I was a private investigator and was tailing somebody that had to do with some kind of case I was working on.  I remember that it was mega important that I keep up with that person.  My job depended on it.  But wouldn't you know, we got separated in traffic and the person I was following got way ahead of me.  This was a city street and the traffic began to get really packed, bumper to bumper.  I thought to myself that the only way to catch up with that person was to avoid the heavy traffic by leaving the city and making my way out into the country.  I drove out into the country and By George, I could see my target person way, way off in the distance.  I stepped on the gas to gain some speed and my car started going extra fast. It took off like a dragster and there was no use in applying the brakes.  There was an intersection coming up and my lane had the stop sign.  I was going way too fast to be able to stop and make the turn.  All I could think to do was steer myself off the road and onto a big field where I was able to turn in a vast, wide arc.  This allowed me to intersect with the road once again, and wonder of wonders, I was directly behind the person that I had been following.  I wasn't going fast anymore, either.

Part of my dream as seen from above:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2019, 08:18:49 PM »
I had a number of dreams last night but as I woke up, I could only remember two of them.  The first one found me back in school.  I was a young, grade school student, sitting in class and there was a rather pretty teacher who had nice, long, brown hair.  I can't remember what was being taught, not that it mattered because there was a time shift and I was fast forwarded a number of years into the future.  I was still at the school, and so was the teacher.  She was quite older, yet still fine looking.  I remember including myself in that assessment.  (The quite older part, anyway.) 

Dream two was yet another 'car gone wild' dream.  I was a private investigator and was tailing somebody that had to do with some kind of case I was working on.  I remember that it was mega important that I keep up with that person.  My job depended on it.  But wouldn't you know, we got separated in traffic and the person I was following got way ahead of me.  This was a city street and the traffic began to get really packed, bumper to bumper.  I thought to myself that the only way to catch up with that person was to avoid the heavy traffic by leaving the city and making my way out into the country.  I drove out into the country and By George, I could see my target person way, way off in the distance.  I stepped on the gas to gain some speed and my car started going extra fast. It took off like a dragster and there was no use in applying the brakes.  There was an intersection coming up and my lane had the stop sign.  I was going way too fast to be able to stop and make the turn.  All I could think to do was steer myself off the road and onto a big field where I was able to turn in a vast, wide arc.  This allowed me to intersect with the road once again, and wonder of wonders, I was directly behind the person that I had been following.  I wasn't going fast anymore, either.

Part of my dream as seen from above:

Dream experts would say your vehicle represents your ambition (about something) and the other person's represented their ambitions.  So, they might say, your ambition was trying to get beside the other person's ambition (about something, could be any topic.) even if you had to distance yourself a lot as a strategy.  I have a lot of vehicle dreams, too.

I recently dreamed my driver's front tire was flat and someone was working on it.  Guess I lost my ambition for something.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2019, 09:03:33 PM »
Dream experts would say your vehicle represents your ambition (about something) and the other person's represented their ambitions.  So, they might say, your ambition was trying to get beside the other person's ambition (about something, could be any topic.) even if you had to distance yourself a lot as a strategy.  I have a lot of vehicle dreams, too.

I recently dreamed my driver's front tire was flat and someone was working on it.  Guess I lost my ambition for something.

I really enjoy your dream analysis, Sofia.  Thank you.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2019, 12:37:53 PM »
I dreamt that I was in a grocery store and I grabbed a cart to push around.  It was a large cart, the kind I don't ordinarily select to put my groceries in (smaller sized carts are of more use to me) but there I was nonetheless, pushing it along the aisles.  Suddenly, the cart came alive and I could tell right off that it didn't like me pushing on it.  It reared up it's front wheels and spun around, trying to throw my hands off of it.  But I held on tight, though my feet actually left the floor for a bit.  That cart was really pissed off and it continued to thrash all around and I could hardly hold on.  It bashed into a big display of canned goods and it sent the cans flying in all directions.  Fellow shoppers were watching the spectacle in amazement and I was glad that there were witnesses to verify the fact that the shopping cart had indeed come alive.  Except, right before I woke up, I had a strange thought that there were probably lots of spectators who were thinking that I was actually making the cart look as if it were going wild, and, come to think of it, how could I prove otherwise?

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2019, 11:48:40 PM »
I dreamt that I was riding on a slow moving bus, looking out a window at a strange, carnival like town.  There were amusement rides here and there.  A line of prostitutes waved at me to get off the bus and come visit with them, but I stayed in my seat.  Further down the street a man called out to say that he had a genuine murder victim on display and that I could enter a tent to get a closer look, for a nominal fee, of course.    

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2019, 02:54:07 PM »
I dreamt that I was aboard a flying saucer, though I hasten to add that I can't remember a single thing about the flight.  I only remember the landing.  The pilot maneuvered very carefully over an open area of land, somewhere in Africa.  There was a watering hole nearby and I could see a bunch of animals getting drinks there.  The pilot brought the saucer gently down to the ground but instead of stopping, the spacecraft kept going down.  He had inadvertently landed onto a quicksand pit.  We must have sunk a good six feet or so until we came to a full stop.  I looked out a side window and all I could see was, what else?... a solid glob of quicksand.  I watched as a crewmember got out a strange looking rifle of sorts.  It almost looked like a kid's toy.  It was very plasticky looking and there were multiple triggers on it.  He walked over to the saucer's dome and put the end of the gun into a small hole.  It  must have been a laser gun of some type because he blasted away all of the quicksand that was covering us.  All that was left was a big opening and the deep blue sky of Africa.  Some gnus wandered over and peered down at us.   

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2019, 03:04:37 PM »
He had inadvertently landed onto a quicksand pit.   

Oh I just hate when that happens. 

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias John Manning
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2020, 02:43:42 PM »

Public Domain

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2020, 02:47:44 PM »
I dreamed there was a convenience store near me, open and selling name brand potato chips.
Merry Christmas

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Revenge of the chocolate bunnies!!
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2020, 02:59:41 PM »
I dreamed there was a convenience store near me, open and selling name brand potato chips.

Did they have toilet paper? 😬

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2020, 03:08:28 PM »
Did they have toilet paper? 😬

No

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Revenge of the chocolate bunnies!!
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2020, 12:58:19 PM »