Author Topic: Take the Girl out of the Grunge  (Read 11041 times)

Sofia

• Ellightened
Re: Take the Girl out of the Grunge
« Reply #435 on: October 28, 2022, 02:01:26 AM »
Now which woman will you women-hating fascists attack next? @Sofia ?
Oh, so that's why they're being so nice.  Ha, I was wondering.  Scarcity.

KSM

• Annoying Prick
  • Ellevated
« Reply #436 on: November 14, 2022, 09:50:12 AM »
Well, I'm guessing nothing was ever solved here. I'm sure that lily is still emerged deep within the grunge.

..alas  :-\
When success and happiness will no longer suffice, destroy everything and start over.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #437 on: November 14, 2022, 12:28:07 PM »
Well, I'm guessing nothing was ever solved here. I'm sure that lily is still emerged deep within the grunge.

..alas  :-\

I solved it. @KSM  My mission was accomplished.

@ShayP  Shay, my man, shay. I am forever in your debt. Unbelievable. Awesome. So fantastic. My system is to go through whatever is recommended three times. Yours is quite a lot. I started with the charismatic girl which was fun because we were first discovering them at the same time. I was blown away. Bruce's voice is so strong and almost operatic. By the time he joins the band everyone is playing at such a deep full level and seem to get better with each release. I didn't know what to expect but it wasn't anything at this level. So I've listened to everything once through. Now I will go back and listen to each opus (hard to call them just songs) three times and really savor them. Thanks, Bud  :-* I am now a big Iron Maiden fan

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #438 on: November 14, 2022, 12:55:21 PM »
;D Nice job, Shay!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Antaŭen kamaradoj!

KSM

• Annoying Prick
  • Ellevated
« Reply #439 on: November 14, 2022, 01:01:30 PM »
MMmyeeaahh

I wouldn't read so much into what she said. Yes, she now likes or more like 'appreciates' Iron Maiden but doesn't actually throw it on and enjoy like a normal fan would. It's more like she realized why other people like them. Hasn't bought any CD's or downloaded any of their material. I think she has more of my stuff in her files than anything posted in this thread.

At least you can say that you opened her eyes to a band she never knew she might like.
When success and happiness will no longer suffice, destroy everything and start over.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #440 on: November 14, 2022, 02:17:22 PM »
 ::)  Sooo...she's your biggest fan then.  More of your stuff than anything posted here?  Huh.  Is there a such thing as a music psychologist?  Because you seem to have analyzed her mindset regarding Iron Maiden.  And of course I opened her eyes.  I'm capable of doing that with a lot of things.

:D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #441 on: November 14, 2022, 02:19:57 PM »
;D Nice job, Shay!

Duty calls.  LOL!  ;)  ;D

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #442 on: November 14, 2022, 02:23:30 PM »
::)  Sooo...she's your biggest fan then…
Feel fortunate it’s not you, Shay. ;)

Antaŭen kamaradoj!

KSM

• Annoying Prick
  • Ellevated
« Reply #443 on: November 14, 2022, 02:38:51 PM »
::)  Sooo...she's your biggest fan then.  More of your stuff than anything posted here?  Huh.  Is there a such thing as a music psychologist?  Because you seem to have analyzed her mindset regarding Iron Maiden.  And of course I opened her eyes.  I'm capable of doing that with a lot of things.

:D

Hehe  ;D

No, she's not my biggest fan. At all. She just has about 15 of my songs that she plays from time to time. All I was saying is that she doesn't go out of her way to listen to Maiden or anything else. She's a fan of old movies. Classics. THAT is what she is a fan of. Perhaps if Iron Maiden did the soundtrack for Casablanca? Timing!

Piece Of Mind is their best album. Best album cover too.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #444 on: November 14, 2022, 02:40:46 PM »
Feel fortunate it’s not you, Shay. ;)

Ha! LOL!  Nah.  I'm pretty sure she does her own thing and could give a shit.  All the politics, differences, and rigamarole aside; when it boils down, she's always been a friend to me. 

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #445 on: November 14, 2022, 02:56:29 PM »
Hehe  ;D

No, she's not my biggest fan. At all. She just has about 15 of my songs that she plays from time to time. All I was saying is that she doesn't go out of her way to listen to Maiden or anything else. She's a fan of old movies. Classics. THAT is what she is a fan of. Perhaps if Iron Maiden did the soundtrack for Casablanca? Timing!

Piece Of Mind is their best album. Best album cover too.

Oh, 15 songs, but I only get 6!? I see how I rank.  ::)  :'(  ;)  Piece of Mind?  Good choice.  I go with Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, Killers, then Powerslave as my top four.

Maiden and Casablanca.  LMAO!  ;D  I pictured Bruce wearing a Fedora.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #446 on: November 14, 2022, 03:42:46 PM »
Ha! LOL!  Nah.  I'm pretty sure she does her own thing and could give a shit.  All the politics, differences, and rigamarole aside; when it boils down, she's always been a friend to me.
You’re a good man, Shay.  ;)
Antaŭen kamaradoj!

Up All Night

• Ellightened
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #447 on: November 17, 2022, 09:13:14 PM »