Author Topic: TV Series Binge Watching  (Read 38367 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: TV Series Binge Watching
« Reply #225 on: November 15, 2021, 08:58:17 PM »
I've been watching episodes of Fantasy Island on Tubi.  It all comes back to me how I used to identify with Mr. Roarke.

I don't know what a Tubi is.  Nonetheless, you found your new alias.  Invite me to your Fantasy Island.

...for the love of GOD that came out wrong!!!  Anyway, just welcome me, then I'll have a vodka and seltzer with a splash of cranberry juice and we'll put this all behind us.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #226 on: November 15, 2021, 09:14:54 PM »
Look for the one with Johnathon Frakes.

Will do!

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #227 on: November 15, 2021, 09:33:00 PM »
I don't know what a Tubi is.  Nonetheless, you found your new alias.  Invite me to your Fantasy Island.

...for the love of GOD that came out wrong!!!  Anyway, just welcome me, then I'll have a vodka and seltzer with a splash of cranberry juice and we'll put this all behind us.

Tubi is one of those free movie/tv services that you can get for free on your computer or tablet.  Overall I'm satisfied with it because they have lots of content and many categories.  I recently watched Richard Chamberlain in the movie The Count of Monte Cristo.  A great movie but it hadn't been on cable or dvd since the 1970s.  The only drawback is the commercials which are exasperating to watch.
https://tubitv.com/

Great idea, @ShayP, adding the name to my list of aliases.  I'll pass on the name Tattoo though.  ;D 

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #228 on: November 15, 2021, 09:46:39 PM »
Look for the one with Johnathon Frakes.
He did a Hill Street Blues too.  Skinny Jon Frakes = Cocaine
😁

Roku Channel, Tubi and Pluto have a lot of duplicate programming, but they're all free and the slight variations are good
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #229 on: November 18, 2021, 01:14:01 PM »
Wasn't in the mood for music with todays workout so for no particular reason I threw on episode 2 season 1 of Breaking Bad.   Like all the sudden you're thrust right back in.  Not going to do it but one is reminded just how easy it would be to jump right back in.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #230 on: November 18, 2021, 01:18:57 PM »
Back to Y&R.
Merry Christmas

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #231 on: November 18, 2021, 01:38:58 PM »

Ha!  Tubi.  Reminds me of one of the greatest film abominations of all time, suitably lampooned by MST3K.  Say hello to Trumpy.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extra_Terrestrial_Visitors

“French-Spanish science fiction film” should be your first warning.

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #232 on: November 19, 2021, 12:14:18 PM »
Ha!  Tubi.  Reminds me of one of the greatest film abominations of all time, suitably lampooned by MST3K.  Say hello to Trumpy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extra_Terrestrial_Visitors

“French-Spanish science fiction film” should be your first warning.
@ItsOver Browsing tubi a few days ago I noticed a few documentaries that I had not noticed before. One of them is/was called  FART  The title is not misleading for it is accurate with regards to the films content.

As far as the Roku movie channel goes the commercials are at least four times louder than the movies themselves. It is absolutely ridiculous how LOUD they are. All the other free movie channels have the normal volumes.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #233 on: November 19, 2021, 12:18:18 PM »
Back to Y&R.
@juan That made me happy. Once I'm set up and comfortable I plan on diving back in while wearing my new slippers and housecoat. I can't say that I like this stupid Chance is dead or missing storyline. And whooo the Fuck is named CHANCE!

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #234 on: December 29, 2021, 11:37:52 PM »
I think you can count on one hand the hard Sci Fi tv series that have been on tv. And I'm watching probably one of the best. Surprisingly, Expanse started it's run on the SciFi Channel but after 3 years was taken over by Amazon. It finished it's 6th and final season earlier this December. I'm currently about 3 episodes into the 5th season.

A quick synopsis with no spoilers. Set in the not too near not too far future. Humanity has moved out into our solar system. Complex bases on the Moon. Bases on Mars' moons as well as significant terraforming on Mars itself. And significant mining on the Belt and on all the rocks between Mars and Jupiter with Ceres being the nominal headquarters for the Belters. A Cold War is brewing between Mars and Earth. The Belters are also chafing under Earth and Mars domination but hardly looked at as more than Labor and Pirates.

Straightforward SciFi, right? Then things start to get weird. And weirder.  A huge cast of well-drawn characters and and some are definitely characters. Complex storylines that weave together into a curious unknown fabric. That's as far as I'm going to go. A great show. TigerLily highly recommended

All 6  seasons are on Amazon Prime but I believe the first 5 are on Netflix with the 6th soon to follow
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #235 on: December 30, 2021, 12:56:16 PM »
I have yet to see a minute of Supernatural even though it always seemed like something that would interest me, and every person I know who's seen it raves about the show.  Why have I not taken the plunge?  I think it's time.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #236 on: December 30, 2021, 02:23:02 PM »
I have yet to see a minute of Supernatural even though it always seemed like something that would interest me, and every person I know who's seen it raves about the show.  Why have I not taken the plunge?  I think it's time.

Carry on my Wayward Son  :-*
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #237 on: December 30, 2021, 02:34:01 PM »
I watched the remake of All Creatures Great and Small.  As there was nothing wrong with the first adaptation, I was skeptical.  I figured I would hate it but I didn't.  Even though it strayed far afield from the storyline of the books regarding the prominence of Mrs. Hall I still liked it. I have no idea where they dug up the dude that plays Siegfried Farnon but wow - he looks just like I pictured him the books - "The most English looking man I have ever met".

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #238 on: January 30, 2022, 12:14:36 PM »
Carry on my Wayward Son  :-*

I'm watching it and I love it.  I'm almost through season one.  I'd be further in but I'm not much into TV for too long.  I still can't believe I never gave this show a shot.   I'd love to have Dean's car.  That Impala is sweet!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #239 on: January 30, 2022, 10:37:54 PM »
Did anyone else do Dexter: New Blood ?  Best season of them all.

..anyone?