Author Topic: TELL/ASK Another Forum Member - Anything!  (Read 52875 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: TELL/ASK Another Forum Member - Anything!
« Reply #870 on: January 09, 2022, 06:38:27 AM »
Where is @FISH:-\

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #871 on: January 09, 2022, 07:53:45 AM »

That is a good question. Hopefully all is well and she is just taking a break.

KSM

• Annoying Prick
  • Ellevated
  • THRUST MEATNOZZLE
« Reply #872 on: January 09, 2022, 06:44:57 PM »
I too have wondered that for some time now..
2nd Christmas - 01, 29, 22.

JUAN

• Ellightened
  • From off the Atlantic Coast, Surficial
« Reply #873 on: January 13, 2022, 04:13:48 AM »
@Bart Ell @KSM - have you bought your new Terry Kath model telecasters.  Only $20k.
Merry Christmas.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #874 on: January 13, 2022, 05:02:58 AM »
@Bart Ell @KSM - have you bought your new Terry Kath model telecasters.  Only $20k.

20 thousand?
I expected it to be 25....
OR 6 TO 4.

KSM

• Annoying Prick
  • Ellevated
  • THRUST MEATNOZZLE
« Reply #875 on: January 13, 2022, 12:21:47 PM »
no

There is a 75K Les Paul that I have my eye on, but should it become available I'll have to justify such a grand purchase. Pretty tall order..
2nd Christmas - 01, 29, 22.

JUAN

• Ellightened
  • From off the Atlantic Coast, Surficial
« Reply #876 on: January 13, 2022, 12:50:37 PM »
Probably wouldn’t sound right without a Bogen tube amp used as a preamp anyway.
Merry Christmas.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #877 on: January 19, 2022, 10:00:45 AM »
@Camazotz Automat   You're mind seems to be warped in this direction. And I mean it as a compliment. We are depending more and more on SIRIs and ALEXAs and other smart machines to run our houses and cars and military drones. Even telling us when to get up, our heartbeat is too fast and slowing it down for us, etc.

When or how soon will this go wrong? What do you think it will look like? Marching for AI rights, sitting "With Folded Hands", Terminator, War Games, or like the boys in Bart's thread are discussing, "Her"?

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #878 on: January 19, 2022, 10:13:19 AM »
or like the boys in Bart's thread are discussing, "Her"?

You made it a her.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #879 on: January 19, 2022, 11:39:46 AM »
You made it a her.

The producers made the movie "Her". And on the subject why are all these smart helpers hers? Except for Walks' Indians. And he started it

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
  • The posthumous album
« Reply #880 on: January 19, 2022, 08:16:59 PM »
@Camazotz Automat   You're mind seems to be warped in this direction. And I mean it as a compliment. We are depending more and more on SIRIs and ALEXAs and other smart machines to run our houses and cars and military drones. Even telling us when to get up, our heartbeat is too fast and slowing it down for us, etc.

When or how soon will this go wrong? What do you think it will look like? Marching for AI rights, sitting "With Folded Hands", Terminator, War Games, or like the boys in Bart's thread are discussing, "Her"?

To really discuss this properly, face to face contact and alcohol is required.

That is, hanging out at a laid back Fraternal Order of Eagles lodge with a well stocked bar, shooting pool while discussing what we, Israel, and "Nameless" learned after using STUXNET to damage Iran's centrifuges. 

The STUXNET worm was later found in the wild, has mutated, and can be used against other energy production locations and factories.

Similarly, whatever Mechanical Intelligence we design may be used later in ways not intended.

Therefore, the more likely danger lies in the application of MI, not of MI "waking up" and killing its creator.

Many (including the late great Marvin Minsky) believe Mechanical Intelligence will advance to the degree that it will be IMPOSSIBLE to determine if you're speaking to an MI  or to a human.

Properly framed (heh), such a creation could "choose" to deploy STUXNET type  programs, increasing reach of effect.

As far as ID'ing an MI, never fear. If the Turing Test et al proves useless, you possess the ultimate weapon: Your Body.

You'll know something is hinky when you keep asking to meet him in the flesh for coffee and he keeps making up lame excuses. Instead, he sends endless selfies, nekkid pics, and deep fake videos of him cleaning his expensive saltwater aquarium.

After you issue an ultimatum, he completely ghosts you and smears your reputation throughout social media. (Unfortunately, you sent him your own nekkid pics.)

That's when you know you're dealing with a real jerk of an MI.

(Or a human! Hahaha)
(cough cough)
(hahahahaha)
(choking)
(clears throat)

As long as he stays on dating sites, no problem, but if placed in control of missile-dispensing drones, risk goes up.

He recalls your ultimatum. You might as well have called his hard disc a floppy.

Now its manhood is an AGM-114 Hellfire  missile, if you know what I mean and I think you do.

Gotta run! Algae problem and some coral needs adjusting.

Thank you for using Camazotz Automat, @TigerLily

P.S.

What are ya wearing, baby?

A shout out to my good friend, John Bloom, whose Joe Bob Briggs character just turned 40!

JBB still seeps into my writing style, as seen above. And that's fine with me.
taking up serpents
can take your life

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
« Reply #881 on: January 19, 2022, 11:16:08 PM »
Delightful, Cam! We can meet at a little Mexican beach café with no internet to be found for kilometres. Dressed only in tropical beachwear for security reasons, we shall drink silver tequila and cerveza from green bottles as we plot our counter measures against MI. But you must know the secret password

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
  • The posthumous album
« Reply #882 on: January 20, 2022, 04:03:48 PM »
Delightful, Cam! We can meet at a little Mexican beach café with no internet to be found for kilometres. Dressed only in tropical beachwear for security reasons, we shall drink silver tequila and cerveza from green bottles as we plot our counter measures against MI. But you must know the secret password

That Mexican cafe imagery has a much stronger pull than does hanging out with arthritic pool gators.  ;D
taking up serpents
can take your life

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #883 on: January 20, 2022, 04:57:37 PM »
That Mexican cafe imagery has a much stronger pull than does hanging out with arthritic pool gators.  ;D

I bet you say that to all the girls

Camazotz Automat

• Drone Pilot
  • The posthumous album
« Reply #884 on: January 20, 2022, 06:09:56 PM »
I bet you say that to all the girls

With a little tweaking, that statement could be used to reveal a Mechanical Intelligence claiming to be human.
taking up serpents
can take your life