Author Topic: Music - Discuss your favorite music here.  (Read 286147 times)

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
Re: Music - Discuss your favorite music here.
« Reply #525 on: October 04, 2018, 02:46:44 AM »
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

JohnsonNoise

• KIDD
« Reply #526 on: October 04, 2018, 10:58:26 AM »

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #527 on: October 05, 2018, 01:29:35 AM »

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #528 on: October 05, 2018, 07:53:10 AM »
My goddess is 67, did she duck lip herself?  I am not an expert on the procedure...
Eh, nevermind...

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #529 on: October 05, 2018, 09:01:26 AM »
Not my favorite music but I like the concept. Ben Franklin invented the more complex one using the same concept (crystal glass and water) but wanted to make it more efficient, thrifty as he was. I can barely make one glass ring at dinner. Hahaha.

whoozit

• Elluminati
« Reply #530 on: October 05, 2018, 11:25:32 AM »
I see lots of music and little discussion.  Anyone want to discuss this?

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #531 on: October 05, 2018, 11:48:01 AM »

Like why there's a million drummers better than Rainman Ringo Starr?

Why jamming the blues puts me to sleep, and that there are very few true blues greats?

Hamers were better than Gibsons.

Why the Beatles remix of Sgt. Pepper was incorrectly done?

Eh, nevermind...

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #532 on: October 05, 2018, 01:29:22 PM »

I think that posting music vids that others might enjoy listening to is primarily the purpose of this thread, as it was in the old one.   Comments are nice though, and a note here and there about interesting aspects of the music are fun.  I don't know how much discussion Dyna had in mind when she started the thread but I'm sure that we don't want to overly analyze music in general.  We might get into some fights and we certainly don't want to turn this into another politics thread.  The reason I say this is probably because I happen to like (gasp) rap music. 

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
« Reply #533 on: October 05, 2018, 01:33:06 PM »
Like why there's a million drummers better than Rainman Ringo Starr?

Why jamming the blues puts me to sleep, and that there are very few true blues greats?

Hamers were better than Gibsons.

Why the Beatles remix of Sgt. Pepper was incorrectly done?

I thought Ringo was fine.  He was never flashy but could keep a beat and his deft hand never overwhelmed the melody.  I love Keith Moon but sometimes his drumming overwhelmed the songs and could be a bit distracting.  Ringo was perfect for the Beatles and their hitmaking factory.
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #534 on: October 05, 2018, 01:36:11 PM »
I think that posting music vids that others might enjoy listening to is primarily the purpose of this thread, as it was in the old one.   Comments are nice though, and a note here and there about interesting aspects of the music are fun.  I don't know how much discussion Dyna had in mind when she started the thread but I'm sure that we don't want to overly analyze music in general.  We might get into some fights and we certainly don't want to turn this into another politics thread.  The reason I say this is probably because I happen to like (gasp) rap music.

Are we having fun yet?

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
  • Let'em wonder, that's MY motto.....
« Reply #535 on: October 05, 2018, 02:08:07 PM »
I thought Ringo was fine.  He was never flashy but could keep a beat and his deft hand never overwhelmed the melody.  I love Keith Moon but sometimes his drumming overwhelmed the songs and could be a bit distracting.  Ringo was perfect for the Beatles and their hitmaking factory.

Mr. Baker...

pate

• KMST
« Reply #536 on: October 05, 2018, 10:06:27 PM »
I cannot put my finger on what the melody is here, I swear I have heard it before, I think this is a cover or a mashup.  Whatever it is, it is now my new theme song... (I think the title is actually Tru-Galu)

They remind me of another local favorite of mine the Malachy Papers, I don't think they are a thing anymore... sort of a project band, I have one of their CDs somewhere.  I used to run in the same circle sort of as the dude playing bass.  I did sound for them at somebody's wedding back when I had my bitchin sound system, good thymes...

Here's 1 of 6 videos of them playing a show somewhere, groovy stuff:

I have to say the Boogaloo 7 wins, although they do have more people (I think Malachy Papers were a trio, or perhaps quartet.)

Enjoy.

pate

• KMST
« Reply #537 on: October 05, 2018, 10:32:47 PM »
This one is a bit dated, but still bad-ass.  Not sure what Paulo's musical classification should be?  Blues, old skool Motown?  I dunno, but his shit is bad ass, and catchy.  He also does covers of old standards I think.  I recall hearing his "New Shoes" song back in the day on one of the Late Shows, the one with the dude from Scotland.  Nutini is from Scotland I think too, which must be why he landed the gig.  Late Show with Craig Ferguson, maybe?

In anycase in this one he teams up with a local girl who has gotten some national exposure Janelle Monae, this song is fat and funky.  Both artists are worth checking out in my opinion.

Seriously check out Nutini's stuff if you never heard of him, he kicks ass.

Janelle kicks ass too, she's from KCK I think,  WyCos are honorary Missourians in my book.

sumethinz new

• KDWN
« Reply #538 on: October 06, 2018, 12:22:07 AM »

The sound is a little low but the quality is good. I'm amazed at how well modern live performances can sound

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #539 on: October 06, 2018, 12:38:42 AM »

The sound is a little low but the quality is good. I'm amazed at how well modern live performances can sound
Honey, that was real nice. Good +1.