Author Topic: The Kingdom of Nyet with Heather Wade  (Read 11922573 times)

Journey

• Ellevated
Re: The Kingdom of Drama without Heather Wade
« Reply #70035 on: December 29, 2018, 02:22:20 AM »

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #70036 on: December 29, 2018, 02:33:26 AM »
I would have to disagree with your statement about Art. He may not have been the best in his personal relationships, but he was great on the radio. You can’t take that away from him. I never saw him as a drama queen. He gave good entertainment. I don’t blame Art for HW’s mess. She dug her own hole. Just my opinion.
There was some drama when he was posting on bellgab. Art was great on the radio and maybe he was just a great teacher or just had the time to teach Heather some of the things to be a great host. Heather may not have be the best student too. It could have been that they were just not a good mix for each other. Who really knows. Maybe Art's teaching style was not the right way for Heather's learning style.  Heather could have learn from a lot of different people to find whats works for her. Art was good at theater of the mind. In other areas of Art's life could have been better.

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #70037 on: December 29, 2018, 02:45:54 AM »
It did, didn't it!  Well, ever since I found out her stance on second-hand smoke, I've practically avoided her.  Until now?  Did she quit?  But I am glad she overcame bad "food" and is here with everyone posting!  I have to sleep.  Have a good night, capital-S Spookcat!

What? I'm so confused...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #70038 on: December 29, 2018, 03:23:30 AM »
What? I'm so confused...

>^..^<
Capital letters are not a capital offense. I'm sure she means well.
 *Dyna-X

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
« Reply #70039 on: December 29, 2018, 04:14:07 AM »
>^..^<
 *Dyna-X

Oh, I understood the Capital S part. I was on Bellgab a bit back and asked Liberace to change my username because I started with a lowercase and it always bugged me. I think I was just taken off-guard by the whole thing. Didn't realize there was tension between you two. O.O
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #70040 on: December 29, 2018, 04:50:23 AM »
Oh, I understood the Capital S part. I was on Bellgab a bit back and asked Liberace to change my username because I started with a lowercase and it always bugged me. I think I was just taken off-guard by the whole thing. Didn't realize there was tension between you two. O.O
That blindsided me as well. I didn't even realize there was any tension until a couple of hours ago.  I vaguely recall conversing with PBS and Gravity on the second hand smoke topic, but that was probably 4 or 5 months ago.

As for capital letters, that is a pet peeve and OCD kind of thing with me as well. It seems to be trendy to make all the corporate signage in lower-case and I'm waiting it out for the pendulum to swing so that trend will reverse. I don't take a company "bloopity" half as seriously as "Bloopity."

StarrMountain

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
« Reply #70041 on: December 29, 2018, 05:10:52 AM »
That blindsided me as well. I didn't even realize there was any tension until a couple of hours ago.  I vaguely recall conversing with PBS and Gravity on the second hand smoke topic, but that was probably 4 or 5 months ago.

As for capital letters, that is a pet peeve and OCD kind of thing with me as well. It seems to be trendy to make all the corporate signage in lower-case and I'm waiting it out for the pendulum to swing so that trend will reverse. I don't take a company "bloopity" half as seriously as "Bloopity."
I have been friends with MV for many years, long before 2015, and I too, seem to be suddenly kicked to the curb.  It's almost like he's been possessed. :o
It is breaking my heart.  I've had nothing but a good relationship with MV, and I've given him no reason to come at me like he has.  It's depressing me terribly. :'(   

Ms. C

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #70042 on: December 29, 2018, 05:30:23 AM »
I have been friends with MV for many years, long before 2015, and I too, seem to be suddenly kicked to the curb.  It's almost like he's been possessed. :o
It is breaking my heart.  I've had nothing but a good relationship with MV, and I've given him no reason to come at me like he has.  It's depressing me terribly. :'(

Dear Friend,

I sent you a p.m.
And Carson sends his love to you  ❤️💋💕.
May he have the next dance?

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #70043 on: December 29, 2018, 05:50:37 AM »
Your always coming and going....and you wonder why nobody wants to talk to you. Talk like that is sickening NOT FUNNY 🤮

Fancy Lady Boots

• Ellightened
  • *** Fancy! ***
« Reply #70044 on: December 29, 2018, 05:52:45 AM »
>^..^<
 *Dyna-X

Now I'm coveting those sunglasses ... 8)

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #70045 on: December 29, 2018, 06:24:15 AM »
There was some drama when he was posting on bellgab. Art was great on the radio...

Yes, Art was great on radio.  And apparently knew how to set up and operate his equipment.

Somehow people think a person very good at one thing has skill and ability in seemingly related areas - when they don't.  Given what's transpired, it appears to me Art was a lousy teacher.  And a lousy judge of talent in his field. 

But really, why would the expectation be otherwise? There's no connection between hosting skills and teaching or talent evaluation whatsoever.  That he thought he could take trailer trash and create a radio personality was several steps too far, and told us more about his ego than anything else

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #70046 on: December 29, 2018, 06:28:11 AM »
... and maybe he was just a great teacher or just had the time to teach Heather some of the things to be a great host. Heather may not have be the best student too. It could have been that they were just not a good mix for each other. Who really knows. Maybe Art's teaching style was not the right way for Heather's learning style.  Heather could have learn from a lot of different people to find whats works for her. Art was good at theater of the mind. In other areas of Art's life could have been better.

It wouldn't matter who was ''teaching'' her, she simply does not have the talent, let alone the self discipline. 

She may have done better, and perhaps had a better chance, taking the classes and working on the radio at a local community college - at least her failures would not have been in the public eye and an actual teacher could have helped her get past them. 

A person hoping to succeed in any given field doesn't need the person with natural talent telling them to ''just do it like me''.  There is no value in that.  It's the people who have to work at it, who studied it every day, who are best able to pass along valuable information.  It's why 3rd string catchers make the best baseball managers, not the superstars.

Art screwed her over for his own ego.  Her personality makes her a less than sympathetic character.

Jedimiller

• Alpha Male
  • Ellightened
    • starwars.com
« Reply #70047 on: December 29, 2018, 06:44:16 AM »
Drunk AF last night
I'M ALPHA AF

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #70048 on: December 29, 2018, 06:48:04 AM »

Screw that guy and his shit forum.  There was always a bit of a jerk just under the surface in him.  Over the past year or so when he was doing all his passive aggressive shit with random forum changes intended to irritate - intended to irritate - it sure looked to me like he was tired of the forum and trying to drive everyone away.  When that didn't work, he just shut it down out of the blue.  He didn't give a damn about you or anyone else.

Now he's trying to take the high road: if a person didn't appreciate all that, they didn't ''get'' the forum and he's better off without them anyway.  And by ''get'' the forum, he's apparently talking about asswipes like Brig, Jackstar, ''Myke'', etc, and their endless shit posting.

Don't feel bad about losing the friendship of someone who never deserved it, write it off as a mistake.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #70049 on: December 29, 2018, 07:03:00 AM »
It wouldn't matter who was ''teaching'' her, she simply does not have the talent, let alone the self discipline. 

She may have done better, and perhaps had a better chance, taking the classes and working on the radio at a local community college - at least her failures would not have been in the public eye and an actual teacher could have helped her get past them. 

A person hoping to succeed in any given field doesn't need the person with natural talent telling them to ''just do it like me''.  There is no value in that.  It's the people who have to work at it, who studied it every day, who are best able to pass along valuable information.  It's why 3rd string catchers make the best baseball managers, not the superstars.

Art screwed her over for his own ego.  Her personality makes her a less than sympathetic character.

Only if everything that she's telling us is true. Right?
Eh, nevermind...