Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 797178 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #495 on: November 07, 2018, 06:42:44 AM »
If you ever think of buying an HP printer, better plan on paying the Geek Squad out of pocket for tech support.

I don't know, this struck me as tone-deaf and funny but easily frustrating for the person needing the answer...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-google-drive-plugin/td-p/6738083
Eh, nevermind...

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #496 on: November 07, 2018, 03:48:14 PM »
Dennis Hof, the brothel owner running for state assembly as the "Trump from Pahrump" and who died a few weeks ago, won his election.

https://www.newsweek.com/who-was-dennis-hof-brothel-owner-who-died-weeks-ago-wins-midterm-elections-1205062
Yeah. Classic and some dude in VA who once wrote "Bigfoot erotica" won his election against some Hollywood actresses mother (I had to look her since I never heard of her though.) Strange election times.   

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2018/11/07/election-results-2018-denver-riggleman-wins-bigfoot-erotica-virginia/1914117002/

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #497 on: November 08, 2018, 12:05:35 AM »
WTF 14?

You make no sense whatsoever. ???
I am Ellumined!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #498 on: November 08, 2018, 01:14:06 AM »
I am Ellumined!
I don't like the bird. Please go back to kittens and cats.  God bless

HumanBeing

• Elluminati
« Reply #499 on: November 08, 2018, 04:37:02 PM »

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #501 on: November 11, 2018, 03:51:26 PM »
Which would taste better, do you think?

https://soranews24.com/2018/11/10/which-american-inspired-japanese-mcdonalds-sandwich-stacks-up-we-munch-all-four-to-find-out/
I would've gone with a biscuit rather than the English muffin, though admittedly they are more crumbly. Aside from the BBQ sauce, which one could add, the "Texas McMuffin" is the standard "Sausage Egg McMuffin" at McD's here. And the Idaho one is adding a "hashbrown" to the basic McD's "Sausage Egg McMuffin." I have to admit breakfast items are the only reason I go to McD's sometimes, especially as "breakfast all day" now policy.  Burgerwise there are better places even at same price-point.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #502 on: November 11, 2018, 10:17:51 PM »
Which would taste better, do you think?

https://soranews24.com/2018/11/10/which-american-inspired-japanese-mcdonalds-sandwich-stacks-up-we-munch-all-four-to-find-out/
@Spookcat The one on the right has more albeit artificial mechanically deboned lamb, beef, and or mutton or cat n' dog protein than the concoction on the left so for that reason I go with, IT, on the right.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #503 on: November 11, 2018, 10:22:07 PM »
Yeah. Classic and some dude in VA who once wrote "Bigfoot erotica" won his election against some Hollywood actresses mother (I had to look her since I never heard of her though.) Strange election times.   

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2018/11/07/election-results-2018-denver-riggleman-wins-bigfoot-erotica-virginia/1914117002/
I think a member of the forum should sleep with bigfoot, see whether or not he's all that. And please no jokes about my wife's dawgs. ;D

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #504 on: November 12, 2018, 07:29:02 AM »
I must go...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #505 on: November 12, 2018, 01:04:39 PM »
I must go...

Magic 8 ball says you're going!   I wonder if Dickenson's pipes have help up over the years... I'll bet, yes.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #506 on: November 12, 2018, 01:30:35 PM »
Magic 8 ball says you're going!   I wonder if Dickenson's pipes have help up over the years... I'll bet, yes.

it doesn't matter if his pipes have held up, with all of the magic pitch correction technology, I have been hearing that certain female singers have been supplemented with samples from their multi-track studio recordings.  They are still singing live but, the algorithm fills in the original pitch and smooths out the voice a bit with the sample.
Eh, nevermind...

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #507 on: November 12, 2018, 01:53:11 PM »
I must go...

Oh yeah! Getting pre-sale*. Also Megadeth and Ozzy coming but, frankly, Ozzy is pretty weak these past tours. Can barely mumble songs, forgets lyrics, etc I hear.

* I haven't listened to "The Raven Age" but it Steve Harris's son's band. Nepotism? Ha!

comaphobe

• KDWN
« Reply #508 on: November 12, 2018, 01:59:44 PM »
My only problem with Iron Maiden is their boring setlist the past few tours. Get some of those songs out of there FFS and mix it up a bit. Also, too much material from the 2000s.

Bruce sounds fine on YouTube, but the setlists would put me to sleep.

I only saw them once/way late, in 2005 but got lucky with them playing material from only their first 4 albums, which are really the only ones I ever listened to with the exception of SSoSS although I still hate CIPWM and will never listen to that song.

Paul Di'Anno looks and sounds like shit these days. He has to be wheeled out on stage in a wheel chair. About 5 years ago while playing a dive bar just before he started using wheelchairs full-time, one of the audience members said "Bruce Dickinson". Bad idea because Paul went on a rant and called Bruce an opera-singing FGT. Paul is obviously playing for beer and is obviously grumpy and probably unbuzzed. He is nearing 300lbs by this point too.

The first 2 albums with Di'Anno were awesome, Killers is one of my favorite hard rock albums by any band. But the guy has made poor life decisions since day one which caused him to get the boot from the band, and he has consistently failed in life ever since. He can't blame Bruce for that.

Bruce has built a small empire, the band flies in their own jet which is piloted by him. I know Harris owns the band, but in general Maiden are boss of their own machine. They have more integrity than many other bands from their time. I just wish they have a better setlist and also get rid of that ballerina dancing Janick Gers who doesn't even have his guitar plugged in.

Tickets are too much now and the good ones are usually gone before they go on sale. It's too hard to see bands in Areas or Amphitheaters these days and not get stuck in a seat. I think last time Maiden played here Tickets were not even available unless you belonged to a particular CC or financial institution. And they were way overpriced anyways.

Lucinda Williams is playing in 2 nights, I would go to that but I am too god damn busy.
☾ ⊕ ∑ Δ P H Ω ß Ξ

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #509 on: November 12, 2018, 02:08:09 PM »
My only problem with Iron Maiden is their boring setlist the past few tours. Get some of those songs out of there FFS and mix it up a bit. Also, too much material from the 2000s.

Bruce sounds fine on YouTube, but the setlists would put me to sleep.

I only saw them once/way late, in 2005 but got lucky with them playing material from only their first 4 albums, which are really the only ones I ever listened to with the exception of SSoSS although I still hate CIPWM and will never listen to that song.

Paul Di'Anno looks and sounds like shit these days. He has to be wheeled out on stage in a wheel chair. About 5 years ago while playing a dive bar just before he started using wheelchairs full-time, one of the audience members said "Bruce Dickinson". Bad idea because Paul went on a rant and called Bruce an opera-singing FGT. Paul is obviously playing for beer and is obviously grumpy and probably unbuzzed. He is nearing 300lbs by this point too.

The first 2 albums with Di'Anno were awesome, Killers is one of my favorite hard rock albums by any band. But the guy has made poor life decisions since day one which caused him to get the boot from the band, and he has consistently failed in life ever since. He can't blame Bruce for that.

Bruce has built a small empire, the band flies in their own jet which is piloted by him. I know Harris owns the band, but in general Maiden are boss of their own machine. They have more integrity than many other bands from their time. I just wish they have a better setlist and also get rid of that ballerina dancing Janick Gers who doesn't even have his guitar plugged in.

Tickets are too much now and the good ones are usually gone before they go on sale. It's too hard to see bands in Areas or Amphitheaters these days and not get stuck in a seat. I think last time Maiden played here Tickets were not even available unless you belonged to a particular CC or financial institution. And they were way overpriced anyways.

Lucinda Williams is playing in 2 nights, I would go to that but I am too god damn busy.

My buddy saw the plane "Ed Force One" on the ground in PR on tour a few years ago. In SA on that tour Dickinson bitched a bit at people smoking weed so close to stage: "I have to fly out tomorrow." I think this tour will have good set list as not promoting a "new album" but like a greatest hits like when they reprised whole album in redone "Powerslave" tour. Prices are high and you are right that Maiden runs a well-oiled business machine. Also I've noted less and less G/A or Pit seats recently at some concerts, sometimes only seats offered even (!), but this also might be as bands age so does some of their demographic?

http://www.metalinjection.net/tour-dates/iron-maiden-announce-legacy-of-the-beast-2019-north-american-tour