Author Topic: Random, stupid things on your mind  (Read 797765 times)

Spookcat

• Proud Cat Lady
  • Ellevated
  • I'm not an actual cat...or am I?!
Re: Random, stupid things on your mind
« Reply #1170 on: August 31, 2019, 09:36:56 AM »
Time spent with cats is never wasted.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1171 on: August 31, 2019, 01:20:01 PM »
@PB Thanks for that. I actually knew about 70 percent of it but you've filled me in nonetheless...

You mean that was right?

:o

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1172 on: August 31, 2019, 09:07:30 PM »
It's also important to have plenty of wrapping paper.  Don't be afraid to "waste" it.  That's kind of what it's for.

Solid paper shows errors, but paper with an intricate design pattern will hide flaws.

Just get those first two tape-downs correct, on the center.  Pull one side over and tape it to the box.  Pull the other side over and tape it, too.  At the center.  Once you've done that, the rest is just detail work, and forgivable.  If you get the first part nice and tight, it helps a lot.

You've probably already tried the following short-cut, but here goes, for those who haven't:

If you are really helpless, get pounds and pounds of nice, thick, ribbon which can be curled.  Then, cut your wrap job short after the first two folds discussed above.  Flip the gift over so the seam in on the table.  Then, use your cool ribbon to gather and bind one end of the gift at a time, like wrapping a piece of candy.  This is a compromise, but if you attach a bag of candy, well, then... it goes with the theme.  Here is a drawing:

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #1173 on: August 31, 2019, 09:10:10 PM »

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1174 on: August 31, 2019, 09:48:00 PM »
You mean that was right?

:o
30 percent of what you stated to be true. The other 70 that I knew was complete bullshit. This means you saw 45% thru me and my false claim to know 18 percent of what you originally stated in that post you posted.

"Who are thee people and where is my horse? ???" - George Carlin

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #1175 on: August 31, 2019, 09:52:32 PM »
30 percent of what you stated to be true. The other 70 that I knew was complete bullshit. This means you saw 45% thru me and my false claim to know 18 percent of what you originally stated in that post you posted.

"Who are thee people and where is my horse? ???" - George Carlin

That was George Carlin?  I thought it was Lady Godiva.
Are we having fun yet?

skittles

• KNYE
  • The avatar formerly known as pawpourri
« Reply #1176 on: August 31, 2019, 10:28:18 PM »
It's also important to have plenty of wrapping paper.  Don't be afraid to "waste" it.  That's kind of what it's for.

Solid paper shows errors, but paper with an intricate design pattern will hide flaws.

Just get those first two tape-downs correct, on the center.  Pull one side over and tape it to the box.  Pull the other side over and tape it, too.  At the center.  Once you've done that, the rest is just detail work, and forgivable.  If you get the first part nice and tight, it helps a lot.

You've probably already tried the following short-cut, but here goes, for those who haven't:

If you are really helpless, get pounds and pounds of nice, thick, ribbon which can be curled.  Then, cut your wrap job short after the first two folds discussed above.  Flip the gift over so the seam in on the table.  Then, use your cool ribbon to gather and bind one end of the gift at a time, like wrapping a piece of candy.  This is a compromise, but if you attach a bag of candy, well, then... it goes with the theme.  Here is a drawing:

I like it!   :)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1177 on: August 31, 2019, 10:41:34 PM »
That was George Carlin?  I thought it was Lady Godiva.
@GravitySucks  Don't mess with the George, and that was not your best and you knew it as you hit "post"

Jays beat the Astros tonight. I know your heart belongs to Chicago ??? ??? ??? but they don't have it in them to go all the way this year.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1178 on: August 31, 2019, 10:42:58 PM »
You're 100 percent% spot on about that!

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
  • Let'em wonder, that's MY motto.....
« Reply #1179 on: August 31, 2019, 11:56:53 PM »

diagonal wrapping.... the only way to go...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Evil Twin Of Zen

• Drone Pilot
  • Let'em wonder, that's MY motto.....
« Reply #1180 on: September 01, 2019, 12:10:02 AM »

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1182 on: September 01, 2019, 08:51:07 PM »
I'm throwing out a few pairs of my wife's giant flip flops. They're all over the house and I'm sick of tripping over them on a daily basis! I am willing to admit that she said it was fine to throw these out because SHE BOUGHT NEW ONES!!!  It never ends and this wasn't in the vows!

NOTE: I added one of her rackets for scale.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1183 on: September 02, 2019, 06:33:26 AM »
I'm throwing out a few pairs of my wife's giant flip flops. They're all over the house and I'm sick of tripping over them on a daily basis! I am willing to admit that she said it was fine to throw these out because SHE BOUGHT NEW ONES!!!  It never ends and this wasn't in the vows!

NOTE: I added one of her rackets for scale.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I have not seen toe imprints like the ones on the third one from the left since the last big bigfoot fake!

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1184 on: September 02, 2019, 03:39:37 PM »
I have not seen toe imprints like the ones on the third one from the left since the last big bigfoot fake!

Those things are cheap, in every way. I think she pays 1.99 per pair online which is the only way she can get them that..