Author Topic: Midnight In The Desert with Dave Schrader  (Read 3062272 times)

DaveSchrader

• Drone Pilot
    • Darkness Radio
Re: Midnight In The Desert with Dave Schrader
« Reply #21870 on: January 12, 2019, 12:04:52 AM »

Is there no show on Monday?

Yes there is a show on Monday, just a REALLY big show on Tuesday so we are hyping it a bit more.

DS

DaveSchrader

• Drone Pilot
    • Darkness Radio
« Reply #21871 on: January 12, 2019, 12:05:36 AM »
Have a great night and fun filled weekend all and remember to check out my other show on the weekends,

BEYOND the DARKNESS!

Saturday and Sundays at www.PodcastOne.com/beyond-the-darkness

DS

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #21872 on: January 12, 2019, 12:07:54 AM »

Yes there is a show on Monday, just a REALLY big show on Tuesday so we are hyping it a bit more.

DS

I watched two episodes of The Orville last night. Really makes me miss Star Trek
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

Exile

• Official EllGab Thought Leader and towel snapper
  • Ellevated
  • Have a day!
« Reply #21873 on: January 12, 2019, 12:10:01 AM »

Nope, mad at the situation.

You were one of many contacting me and sharing those thoughts. I don't stay angry or hold grudges, everyone can feel and think as they want.
I am a passionate guy. All is good...

DS

Well, I learned to just stay silent when a situation like this happens again. The subject does need to be talked about. So do others that I would assume to be common knowledge also.

There is an old saying about assumptions but it's escaping me right now.

A little help please?
Ask me about the legendary desert Bigfoot. A.K.A the Sandsquatch and his more elusive cousin, the Albino White Sands Dunefoot.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #21874 on: January 12, 2019, 12:14:34 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Radio Shack was truly the best, despite their 70s name.

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #21875 on: January 12, 2019, 12:17:07 AM »
Well, I learned to just stay silent when a situation like this happens again. The subject does need to be talked about. So do others that I would assume to be common knowledge also.

A little help please?
Kiss and make up?  He thanked you for listening.  You both had a right to your opinions.  He might not have liked how you came off and you might not like oblivion, but at least the disagreement was out in the open and ended on a positive note.

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
  • We call ourselves the Nightstalkers...
« Reply #21876 on: January 12, 2019, 12:17:24 AM »

A little help please?
Never ASSUME anything, for it makes an ASS out of U and ME.     ;)
It may be that your sole purpose in life, is to serve as a warning to others.   :o

Exile

• Official EllGab Thought Leader and towel snapper
  • Ellevated
  • Have a day!
« Reply #21877 on: January 12, 2019, 12:30:01 AM »
Never ASSUME anything, for it makes an ASS out of U and ME.     ;)

That's the one.

I'll give ya a +1 as soon as I can.

:)
Ask me about the legendary desert Bigfoot. A.K.A the Sandsquatch and his more elusive cousin, the Albino White Sands Dunefoot.

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
  • We call ourselves the Nightstalkers...
« Reply #21878 on: January 12, 2019, 01:26:58 AM »

That's the one.

I'll give ya a +1 as soon as I can.

:)
Thank You Exile.  :)
It may be that your sole purpose in life, is to serve as a warning to others.   :o

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #21879 on: January 12, 2019, 08:56:30 AM »
They were one of the only places that had magnets.   Lots of fun time as a kid, somehow we never ate them like kids do today

They
eat
magnets?

Mr Apnea

• Ellevated
« Reply #21880 on: January 12, 2019, 09:56:47 AM »
They
eat
magnets?

It probably was always happening, but it might be an issue of quantity in this century (and better communication of saying something) of kids and toddlers ripping intestines from them (magnetism pulling them through tissues). From a health perspective, maybe not unlike toddlers swallowing button batteries - they've been out for 50 years, but health awareness and action is still young.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #21881 on: January 12, 2019, 11:14:24 AM »
It probably was always happening, but it might be an issue of quantity in this century (and better communication of saying something) of kids and toddlers ripping intestines from them (magnetism pulling them through tissues). From a health perspective, maybe not unlike toddlers swallowing button batteries - they've been out for 50 years, but health awareness and action is still young.

Ah. Somehow I pictured a teen sitting doen to a  bowl of AAAs

Dyna-X

• Ellightened
« Reply #21882 on: January 12, 2019, 01:59:57 PM »
Radio Shack was truly the best, despite their 70s name.
The logo looks very 70s, but the name is a reference to the HAM radio enthusiasts that built a shack to house the radio equipment as to avoid disturbing their family with all the noise during the evening and nights. Many of the things they needed were not built as components you could readily buy (or buy inexpensively) so many built their accessory components and the radio itself from kits.

When something failed they had all the solid state components right there an ready to solder in. (Many of which were desoldered from other salvaged televisions and radios. To fill in any gaps in their parts they would order by mail additional resistors, capacitors, transistors, diodes, rheostats, you name it even various vacuum tubes)

Then along came Radio Shack and the electronics hobbyist was in heaven, and the stores were stocked with everything you would ever need and staffed with employees that were often hobbyists as well so that you didn't need to explain yourself. Seems like a lifetime ago now.

Anyway, here is diagram of a radio shack  ;D Not to be confused with other types of shacks.

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
« Reply #21883 on: January 12, 2019, 03:10:24 PM »
The logo looks very 70s, but the name is a reference to the HAM radio enthusiasts that built a shack to house the radio equipment as to avoid disturbing their family with all the noise during the evening and nights. Many of the things they needed were not built as components you could readily buy (or buy inexpensively) so many built their accessory components and the radio itself from kits.

When something failed they had all the solid state components right there an ready to solder in. (Many of which were desoldered from other salvaged televisions and radios. To fill in any gaps in their parts they would order by mail additional resistors, capacitors, transistors, diodes, rheostats, you name it even various vacuum tubes)

Then along came Radio Shack and the electronics hobbyist was in heaven, and the stores were stocked with everything you would ever need and staffed with employees that were often hobbyists as well so that you didn't need to explain yourself. Seems like a lifetime ago now.

Anyway, here is diagram of a radio shack  ;D Not to be confused with other types of shacks.

The trusty delta loop antenna ... not much has changed in antenna technology over the years.

I bought many a part at Radio Shack over the years. I also remember they had some decent walkie talkies (pre cell phone days). And let's not forget the Archer brand name  :)

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #21884 on: January 13, 2019, 08:28:56 AM »
Can you believe this, @Exile ?
Dave comes out as a Sandsquatch denier!

https://www.podcastone.com/episode/Chasing-American-Monsters