Author Topic: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory  (Read 820775 times)

PB

• Ellevated
Re: Coast to Coast AM with George Noory
« Reply #450 on: August 31, 2018, 12:22:51 AM »
...  We used to get up to 95+ routinely in the summer but the last number of years we have mainly stayed in the low 90's if that hot.  Usually upper 80's...

Climate change, climate change, aawk...

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
« Reply #451 on: August 31, 2018, 12:52:45 AM »
I didn't know that they detonated a nuke under Hattiesburg, MS.  Can you say stupid?
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #452 on: August 31, 2018, 12:58:32 AM »
So Calvin buys into the story that the aliens are trying to save the Earth.  Well, his story fits nicely with Linda's thesis.  I think it is a con and they are lying.
"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #453 on: August 31, 2018, 01:02:22 AM »
Except Hopkins and Jacobs knew/know better than you, Linda.

CronkitesGhost

• Elluminati
« Reply #454 on: August 31, 2018, 01:02:46 AM »

wtf George Knapp just had the same guest on the other night that Linda Moulton Howe is interviewing tonight.

this old man Calvin with the thick Southern accent is the exact stereotype the world has of those who report contact with UFOs and aliens. how does a person invent such a detailed fabrication -  is it a hoax or a personality disorder? Schrader had one of these types on the other night and clearly Dave thought he was a nutbag. Noory and LMH won't ever do that, LMH is gullible Jorch is a fraud.

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
« Reply #455 on: August 31, 2018, 01:41:05 AM »
George says there will be no tapes tomorrow, Sunday and Monday.  So no skipping out early either, George.  I'll be checking up on you. ;D

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #456 on: August 31, 2018, 02:19:19 AM »
George says there will be no tapes tomorrow, Sunday and Monday.  So no skipping out early either, George.  I'll be checking up on you. ;D
He actually let Linda take him one minute over tonight.  A nice change.  Good night.

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #457 on: August 31, 2018, 04:37:03 AM »

I think the Premrats will be checking up on him.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #458 on: August 31, 2018, 05:29:29 AM »
I wonder how the project of gathering the old Art Bell tapes they have scattered around the office, and making them available is coming along

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #459 on: August 31, 2018, 08:53:49 AM »
I wonder how the project of gathering the old Art Bell tapes they have scattered around the office, and making them available is coming along

Maybe the could hire Heather Wade as a consultant to move the project along.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #460 on: August 31, 2018, 05:11:00 PM »
MVW's wife probably made him quit that project, too.
Merry Christmas

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #461 on: August 31, 2018, 07:36:35 PM »
I can just hear George from last week, when the Doc was dosing a caller.  Doc needed the caller's weight to dose him.  George goes, "300lbs?!  Three hundred pounds. Sigh. Ooookay, Doc, (voice heavy) here we go". 

Gees, George.  It's not a beauty pageant.  Get a grip.  The Doc needs the callers' body weights so he can tell them how many cans of his product to drink each day!  Think about it, the more the caller weighs, the more drinks Doc can hustle.  I would think you would be able to see it that way, too.  But no, when you repeated the caller's obese body weight, you sounded like you were about to have to push the back end of a semi-truck around a dance floor.

When caller's weights are relevant to the issue, let the Doc address it.  Who needs a radio host to draw attention to their obesity?  After the caller answers their weight, you don't need to repeat it.  Everyone heard it, including the Doc.  Compulsively repeating it is just rude.  If repeating callers' weights is verbal filler, give it up.  The Doc is fast, if he doesn't have to cringe while he is trying to calculate.  Other verbal filler could be, "Let's give the Doc a moment to do his figuring".  Those callers already know they have a problem.  If they are female, they constantly are bombarded with images that clearly show their bodies do not measure up.  They don't benefit from you drawing attention to their weight.

And don't forget your praised VS models are often hospitalized for starvation, or complications of bulimia, even though it gets no press.  And they may be on laxatives, steroids (national female swimmers destroy their breasts with steroids) or even hard drugs.  Most druggies are thin... So don't act like a lightweight is any  healthier than a heavy weight until you know whether or not they are bulimic, on heroin (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3781814/Ohio-police-share-horrifying-photos-adults-passed-overdosing-car-toddler-backseat.html ), on laxatives, or are eating trans fats.

My former neighbor was a hard-working, thin carpenter.  But, he suffered a devastating heart attack, because he did not eat a healthy diet.  His wife confided to me that he ate a lot of sweets which probably had trans fats in them (2007).  Other residents on the block, including her, were his age and much fatter, but he was the only one that had a heart attack (or stroke) in the 8 years I was there.

You have said that you had a cardiac problem around the time you were 50.  Were you obese or morbidly obese?  Probably not.  Were others obese?  Yes.  But you, reasonably-thin-50-year-old-you were the one who ended up in the hospital.  Do you see my logic.

Of course obesity is not good.  But the callers already know that.  And many things are worse than obesity, like looking down on others, sounding condescending or pitying them in an embarrassingly public way.  They are already embarrassed.  You don't need to maximize their embarrassment.  You really put that one recent woman on the spot last time, almost arguing with her because she said, "That's not my weight" instead of "That's not my ideal weight".  She misspoke because she was embarrassed.  Everyone could tell.  And then, instead of letting her out of that part of the conversation, you just went for blood.

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #462 on: August 31, 2018, 07:43:33 PM »
I can just hear George from last week, when the Doc was dosing a caller.  Doc needed the caller's weight to dose him.  George goes, "300lbs?!  Three hundred pounds. Sigh. Ooookay, Doc, (voice heavy) here we go". 

Gees, George.  It's not a beauty pageant.  Get a grip.  The Doc needs the callers' body weights so he can tell them how many cans of his product to drink each day!  Think about it, the more the caller weighs, the more drinks Doc can hustle.  I would think you would be able to see it that way, too.  But no, when you repeated the caller's obese body weight, you sounded like you were about to have to push the back end of a semi-truck around a dance floor.

When caller's weights are relevant to the issue, let the Doc address it.  Who needs a radio host to draw attention to their obesity?  After the caller answers their weight, you don't need to repeat it.  Everyone heard it, including the Doc.  Compulsively repeating it is just rude.  If repeating callers' weights is verbal filler, give it up.  The Doc is fast, when he doesn't have to cringe while he is trying to calculate.  Other verbal filler could be, "Let's give the Doc a moment to do his figuring".  Those callers already know they have a problem.  If they are female, they constantly are bombarded with images that clearly show their bodies do not measure up.  They don't benefit from you drawing attention to their weight.

And don't forget your praised VS models are often hospitalized for starvation, or complications of bulimia.
But that gets no press.  And they may be on laxatives, steroids (national female swimmers destroy their breasts with steroids) or even hard drugs.  Most druggies are thin... So don't act like a lightweight is any more healthy than a heavy weight until you know whether or not they are bulimic, on heroin (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3781814/Ohio-police-share-horrifying-photos-adults-passed-overdosing-car-toddler-backseat.html ), on laxatives, or are eating trans fats.

My former neighbor was a hard-working, thin carpenter.  But, he suffered a devastating heart attack, because he did not eat a healthy diet.  His wife confided to me that he ate a lot of sweets which probably had trans fats in them (2007).  Other residents on the block, including her, were his age and much fatter, but he was the only one that had a heart attack in the 8 years I was there.

You have said that you had a cardiac problem around the time you were 50.  Were you obese or morbidly obese?  Probably not.  Were others obese?  Yes.  But you, reasonably thin 50-year old you were the one who ended up in the hospital.  Do you see my logic.

Of course obesity is not good.  But the callers already know that.  And many things are worse than obesity, like looking down on them other or pitying them in an embarrassing way.

How many eggs did you eat today?
Are we having fun yet?

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #463 on: August 31, 2018, 07:58:11 PM »
How many eggs did you eat today?
Sadly, I have an egg allergy.  They were one of my fav foods!  I'm lucky I can have them a little, like if they are thoroughly baked out, like in dry bread (gluten-free, of course).  Duck eggs are bad too.  I am an eggless duck.

Dateline

• Drone Pilot
« Reply #464 on: August 31, 2018, 08:12:33 PM »
A Norry weight joke:  Do you know the two types of body figures on women?  Obese and Meth Thin. 

Do you know where a poor person's nest egg is kept?  On their stomach.