Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 283881 times)

AvDaBr

• KDWN
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #1065 on: August 07, 2021, 01:37:16 PM »
Been listening to quite a bit of Art lately while driving- primarily through U7 Radio.  Dark Matter Digital Network has even had some replays of MITD.  The Paranormal Radio app really makes it easy to access.

It's amazing, and actually depressing in a way , how much better he was than anyone else I've heard.  Almost equally sobering is how many shows out there currently are superior to Coast.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1066 on: August 07, 2021, 01:47:38 PM »
Been listening to quite a bit of Art lately while driving- primarily through U7 Radio.  Dark Matter Digital Network has even had some replays of MITD.  The Paranormal Radio app really makes it easy to access.

It's amazing, and actually depressing in a way , how much better he was than anyone else I've heard.  Almost equally sobering is how many shows out there currently are superior to Coast.
Premiere Suckage has made sure to the lessening quality of radio. When Sean Hannity is your best host, all Is lost. That's like a baseball team with no pitching and no offense.

Eh, nevermind...

Gd5150

• I Am A Stupid Cunt
  • Elluminati
« Reply #1067 on: August 07, 2021, 02:30:10 PM »
I usually listen to old Art Bell episodes at night. His late 90s stuff is the best. The lawn chair episode was online somewhere for a while. Great episode.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #1068 on: August 07, 2021, 03:07:49 PM »
Premiere Suckage has made sure to the lessening quality of radio. When Sean Hannity is your best host, all Is lost. That's like a baseball team with no pitching and no offense.
I wonder how much PremRat is now getting from Soros. I’d imagine Ms. Julie and Co. come cheap.
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1069 on: August 07, 2021, 03:11:16 PM »
I wonder how much PremRat is now getting from Soros. I’d imagine Ms. Julie and Co. come cheap.
Considering how much he's influenced the news media... Great point.
Eh, nevermind...

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #1070 on: August 07, 2021, 05:24:34 PM »

I have listened to U7 Radio. Sometimes it makes me sad that there will not be any news Art Bell Shows because a lot of his shows were good unlike George Snoory. C2C with Noory just sucks.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1071 on: August 07, 2021, 05:39:18 PM »
I have said it a million times, there's very little I watch and listen to that's modern. I'm streaming St. Elsewhere right now, watching the first season which I don't believe I got to see the first time around.
Eh, nevermind...

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Just another day in Falkieland.
« Reply #1072 on: August 07, 2021, 06:33:42 PM »
I have said it a million times, there's very little I watch and listen to that's modern. I'm streaming St. Elsewhere right now, watching the first season which I don't believe I got to see the first time around.

👍🏻 Loved that show, especially the first ones! And really loved the theme song!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1073 on: August 07, 2021, 06:54:42 PM »
👍🏻 Loved that show, especially the first ones! And really loved the theme song!

I absolutely do not remember any of the episodes I've seen in the first season so far. Even one of the doctors wasn't around after the first year and Dr Auschlander wasn't a key player. It really helps answer a few of the questions especially after Terence Knox's character was killed, now I understand why David Morse's character eulogized him. (I'm forgetting their TV character names now...  Boomer and Peter White?)

BTW

http://mhic.com/projects_Summary.cfm?ID=00842
Eh, nevermind...

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Just another day in Falkieland.
« Reply #1074 on: August 07, 2021, 09:25:48 PM »
I absolutely do not remember any of the episodes I've seen in the first season so far. Even one of the doctors wasn't around after the first year and Dr Auschlander wasn't a key player. It really helps answer a few of the questions especially after Terence Knox's character was killed, now I understand why David Morse's character eulogized him. (I'm forgetting their TV character names now...  Boomer and Peter White?)

BTW

http://mhic.com/projects_Summary.cfm?ID=00842

Dr. Jack Morrison aka Boomer (David Morse)
Dr. Peter White (Terrence Knox)
My favorites on the show were David Morse, Howie Mandel, and Ed Begley, Jr.
I found this great listing of all the people who played on the show and when.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083483/fullcredits

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1075 on: August 07, 2021, 09:54:31 PM »
Dr. Jack Morrison aka Boomer (David Morse)
Dr. Peter White (Terrence Knox)
My favorites on the show were David Morse, Howie Mandel, and Ed Begley, Jr.
I found this great listing of all the people who played on the show and when.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083483/fullcredits

I always thought that Cynthia Sykes played Cindy Martin. Now I realize that it's a lady named Barbara Winnery.

Still, it's interesting to see these first season guest stars there's some pretty big names that came out of that show, to see Tom Hulce play a crime victim and the guy that drove him into the ER was on Murphy Brown, I think, and he later killed somebody and then killed himself. Then Jane Kaczmarek played a nurse for three episodes... Wild.... 

I love me some Google.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF KINDNESS
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1076 on: August 07, 2021, 11:35:32 PM »

@AvDaBr <<< What the fuck kind of name is that?

Anyways, I do the same thing. Classic Art binges but there are those sobering moments when I, or you, realize you're listening to two dead men - IE Art & Terrance McKenna, or Art and Father Martin just to name a few.

Whatever people think about Art now, he and that original show were lightning in a bottle.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1077 on: August 07, 2021, 11:41:16 PM »
@AvDaBr <<< What the fuck kind of name is that?

Anyways, I do the same thing. Classic Art binges but there are those sobering moments when I, or you, realize you're listening to two dead men - IE Art & Terrance McKenna, or Art and Father Martin just to name a few.

Whatever people think about Art now, he and that original show were lightning in a bottle.

Agreed. Glad to hear some of those "dual daddies," keeps their memories alive, eh?

The one that guest that was extremely impactful to me was when Bob Guccione and his wife were on talking about how the FDA shut down some cancer treatment trials.

She died soon after, not from the cancer, but from complications because of the treatment I think. Like her colon got twisted or something.
Eh, nevermind...

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1078 on: August 08, 2021, 04:41:19 AM »
Like her colon got twisted or something.

THAT WAS FROM THE ANAL!

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #1079 on: August 08, 2021, 04:18:45 PM »
I wonder how Art would react to the tic-tac/congress UFO disclosure that been happening this year.

Would he be excited/Suspicious? I think he would be doing victory laps and saying "I told you so!"