Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 284124 times)

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #1995 on: September 23, 2023, 08:47:10 AM »
Of ALL the guests Art ever had on, Bob is the one that I believe entirely. In fact I would bet my life on it.
I think the young people call it "bringing the receipts" nowadays.

He was in the phone directory, he was covered in the newspaper. If he were just a janitor, wouldn't the newspaper article mention that? I mean, if he were just a janitor doing that type of stuff, it would be even more remarkable.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1996 on: September 24, 2023, 08:17:56 AM »
Was on Spotify free version last night and suddenly, without warning, as if lightning struck, like it was meant to be.. I entered 'Art Bell' in the search. Not sure why I was surprised, but I was when I found a hefty result. Began scrolling down as I recognized show after show, but then, suddenly, as if lightning struck, like it was meant to be, I found a full show from 97 that I do not have. An RCH entitled Solar Cycles. This show is listed in the 2013 torrent but it is only a 38 minute segment. My other libraries did not have this show either.
I'll stream and record it tonight with Audacity.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1997 on: September 24, 2023, 08:52:14 AM »
Was on Spotify free version last night and suddenly, without warning, as if lightning struck, like it was meant to be.. I entered 'Art Bell' in the search. Not sure why I was surprised, but I was when I found a hefty result. Began scrolling down as I recognized show after show, but then, suddenly, as if lightning struck, like it was meant to be, I found a full show from 97 that I do not have. An RCH entitled Solar Cycles. This show is listed in the 2013 torrent but it is only a 38 minute segment. My other libraries did not have this show either.

That's an odd place!  Now that you found something there, are you going to be searching everywhere else as well? TuneIn? YouTube? SoundCloud?
Eh, nevermind...

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1998 on: September 24, 2023, 09:26:13 AM »
Didn't Art sell tapes of his shows?  What happened to all those?

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #1999 on: September 24, 2023, 09:31:22 AM »

There are dozens of Spotify downloaders like this https://spotify-downloader.com/

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2000 on: September 24, 2023, 10:21:12 AM »
That's an odd place!  Now that you found something there, are you going to be searching everywhere else as well? TuneIn? YouTube? SoundCloud?
There really isn't anything out of the ordinary found on YT and the other usual places people look. There used to be a few little darkened corners on the net back between 99 and 2005 that are no longer in existence. WinMX in its original incarnation which sprung up in place of Napster was a gold mine back then. That's where I found several hundred from other users who were cool about opening up their files to you if you managed to gain some sort of rapport with them. There was this lady in NYC who had 110 gigs, and a paramedic stationed in the Alberta oil fields who had a motherload at the time that were my main sources.

There are dozens of Spotify downloaders like this https://spotify-downloader.com/

Ooh! I did not know that. Thanks. I will do just that.

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #2001 on: September 24, 2023, 02:06:39 PM »
I just did a search for Art Bell on spotify and it found a list called "The Art Bell Archive"
In that list I found some very early shows from 1993 and even one from Dec 1992 with John Lear & Bob Lazar - possibly their first appearance with Art.

I also found a full 2.5hr show from May 15,1997 with Richard Hoagland that I didn't ever find before anywhere else.
In this show, Hoagie for the first time reveals what the "C" for his middle intial stands for, in response to a caller question about that. He revealed it stands for Charles and Art commented he will remember that.  The caller also asked what is Hoagie's birthday and he said it was April 25th.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2002 on: September 25, 2023, 09:09:41 AM »
I just did a search for Art Bell on spotify and it found a list called "The Art Bell Archive"
In that list I found some very early shows from 1993 and even one from Dec 1992 with John Lear & Bob Lazar - possibly their first appearance with Art.

I also found a full 2.5hr show from May 15,1997 with Richard Hoagland that I didn't ever find before anywhere else.
In this show, Hoagie for the first time reveals what the "C" for his middle intial stands for, in response to a caller question about that. He revealed it stands for Charles and Art commented he will remember that.  The caller also asked what is Hoagie's birthday and he said it was April 25th.
The 92 show is in the 2013 torrent, in fact it's the first one in the list. It is hard to listen to in places as it seems like the tape slows down for various lengths of time. You can tell that someone somewhere was recording it live as the radio reception was a little rough. All in all it's a cool thing. I wonder who recorded it in the first place..

The may 15, 97 show is also in the torrent, but still if one does not have the torrent file, Spotify seems to be the only other place to find it. What a mess of shows and batches of shows scattered around the net over the years. Mind boggling that one guy broadcasting from a spare room in a double-wide out in the hiiigh desert could be the lightning in a bottle that was that show.

Binging now with AB and coffee.  :D

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2003 on: September 29, 2023, 09:11:11 AM »
I couldn't upload the MP3 but you can check this one out below. Art can't wrap his head around what MR Franks is saying. He gets it, and then he doesn't get it. Can't say that I blame him, the guest has an unusual way of laying it out using the Schrödinger's cat hypothesis. Over all it's a classic from 03.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/parallel-universes-m-r-franks-coast-to-coast-am-11-8-03/id1611966186?i=1000552358223

AvDaBr

• KDWN
« Reply #2004 on: September 29, 2023, 08:03:48 PM »

So Richard is a dickchuck.  How much dick would a dickchuck chuck....?

I was tempted to begin a free trial of Spotify to download some of the Bell archive last year, but didn't.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #2005 on: September 30, 2023, 04:31:56 AM »
I'm waiting on @KSM to collect a full set then make it available for download.
Merry Christmas

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2006 on: September 30, 2023, 07:48:47 AM »
Shhh. That's the goal. I'm waiting for the KSM COLLARTION.  I'll volunteer to leave it up on Pirate Bay somehow.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2007 on: September 30, 2023, 08:48:51 AM »
It's weird, but with all the shows I have I tend to listen to the same 100-ish.
UFO shows
RCH
Weird topics
Open lines

Shhh. That's the goal. I'm waiting for the KSM COLLARTION.  I'll volunteer to leave it up on Pirate Bay somehow.
Is pirate bay even a thing still?  I know there is x1337x but that's it, or so I thought.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2008 on: September 30, 2023, 09:08:01 AM »
It's weird, but with all the shows I have I tend to listen to the same 100-ish.
UFO shows
RCH
Weird topics
Open lines
Is pirate bay even a thing still?  I know there is x1337x but that's it, or so I thought.

First off, I can listen to almost anything. There are some exceptions, I usually don't like Ghost to Ghost episodes and EVP is tough to play when I'm going to sleep because of the massive volume differences. Truth or trash has to be when I'm working on stuff, not when I'm trying to relax. I do enjoy some of the political commentary along with social medicine. My favorite example of that is Bob Guccione and his wife talking about FDA trials on cancer drugs. I still feel bad thinking of her situation. Art remains pertinent to today's times. Maybe because many of the problems are being caused by the same people. 😁

Pirate Bay is still a thing I still see a lot of automotive software up there. There were a few other sites, I don't remember their names now. After the Beatles get back thing on disney, I got a warning letter that I was visiting torrent sites. No doubt Disney didn't want me downloading the stuff.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2009 on: September 30, 2023, 10:04:08 AM »
First off, I can listen to almost anything. There are some exceptions, I usually don't like Ghost to Ghost episodes and EVP is tough to play when I'm going to sleep because of the massive volume differences. Truth or trash has to be when I'm working on stuff, not when I'm trying to relax. I do enjoy some of the political commentary along with social medicine. My favorite example of that is Bob Guccione and his wife talking about FDA trials on cancer drugs. I still feel bad thinking of her situation. Art remains pertinent to today's times. Maybe because many of the problems are being caused by the same people. 😁

Pirate Bay is still a thing I still see a lot of automotive software up there. There were a few other sites, I don't remember their names now. After the Beatles get back thing on disney, I got a warning letter that I was visiting torrent sites. No doubt Disney didn't want me downloading the stuff.
I like the Truth Or Trash shows alot. I wish he would have done more of them because there are and were enough stories true/trash to go around. I should start an open lines podcast that strictly relies on the Truth Or Trash idea. I usually skip the GIS shows anytime of day. When I hit play on random I usually have to hit the next button several times to randomly jump to a show I want to have on. I have a real problem with guests from England. It's the accent. Doesn't matter the topic, I just can't listen to them, but one exception would be Marcus Allen (OMNI Magazine) He is the only guest that has ever caused Art (or me for that matter) to doubt the moon landing and it's odd to hear that with Art.

Maybe I'll upload the 2013 thing.