Author Topic: Celebrity Deaths  (Read 350950 times)

Aquarius

• Ellevated
  • Why? Why not?
Re: Celebrity Deaths
« Reply #570 on: September 17, 2019, 08:23:19 PM »
@Aquarius,  I don't know what's worse, you thinking you are still in your 20s or me not remembering my 20s.

🙄🙄🙄🙄

@sean92008, LOL! I don't actually feel  like I'm in my 20's, I'm glad I've had the life experiences I've had. I just am not willing to recognize this much passage of time.

Denial works really well sometimes!  ;D
"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." -- Chinese proverb

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #571 on: September 17, 2019, 08:27:46 PM »
@sean92008, LOL! I don't actually feel  like I'm in my 20's, I'm glad I've had the life experiences I've had. I just am not willing to recognize this much passage of time.

Denial works really well sometimes!  ;D

I don't where the time has gone.  Memory is a cruel mistress.
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #572 on: September 20, 2019, 02:24:23 PM »
Eh, nevermind...

anniem

• Ellevated

damon

• I Am The New Falkie!
  • Ellightened
  • Gone Fishing
« Reply #574 on: September 22, 2019, 01:04:51 AM »
https://www.startrek.com/news/aron-eisenberg-obituary-star-trek
Aron Eisenberg passed away on 21 Sept 19. He was best known for playing Nog on Deep Space 9.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #575 on: September 22, 2019, 01:32:34 AM »
https://www.startrek.com/news/aron-eisenberg-obituary-star-trek
Aron Eisenberg passed away on 21 Sept 19. He was best known for playing Nog on Deep Space 9.

Aww...  I have been Netflixing DS-9.  20 years have passed, wow.

Just saw the Jake teaching him to read episode... ☹️☹️☹️
Eh, nevermind...

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #576 on: September 22, 2019, 01:38:27 AM »
Aww...  I have been Netflixing DS-9.  20 years have passed, wow.

Just saw the Jake teaching him to read episode... ☹️☹️☹️

I liked DS9. All except the alternate universe episodes. But I feel the same way about Voyager and TNG. The alternate universe and the holodeck episodes were just ways for the writers to be lazy and not have to follow the story arc. I guess that is why I think Enterprise is my favorite.
Are we having fun yet?

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #577 on: September 22, 2019, 02:07:47 AM »
I don't where the time has gone...
Glad I'm not the only one that feels it.  Something changed hard at 50.  Up to then, I could relate to young people until I was almost 50.  But now there is a huge generation gap.

And it seems like yesterday I learned a childhood friend was getting her master's in psychology.  She just retired after 25 years working for the prison system.  I didn't even know.  I still think of her as a graduate student.  OMG.

I'm a great-aunt now. 

In my 40s, people didn't notice me because I reminded them of their parents, or who has use for a matron anyway.  But if you think that's bad, 50 is even worse because not only do they have no use for me, but I'm also in their way.  They actually aim to physically push past me, and sometimes there are collisions when walking, even though I look in the direction I'm going so everyone knows which way I'm headed.  But they have no time for analyzing body language.  They just bowl you over.  I hope I never did that when I was young.

I need to move to a retirement community ASAP.  Aging would be so much easier to handle without kids slamming into me.  Maybe I would be one of the young ones.  I hear Scottsdale is nice...

Jayzelady

• Ellevated
  • Look out, choc bunny. Your ears will soon be mine!
« Reply #578 on: September 22, 2019, 10:43:43 PM »
Glad I'm not the only one that feels it.  Something changed hard at 50.  Up to then, I could relate to young people until I was almost 50.  But now there is a huge generation gap.

And it seems like yesterday I learned a childhood friend was getting her master's in psychology.  She just retired after 25 years working for the prison system.  I didn't even know.  I still think of her as a graduate student.  OMG.

I'm a great-aunt now. 

In my 40s, people didn't notice me because I reminded them of their parents, or who has use for a matron anyway.  But if you think that's bad, 50 is even worse because not only do they have no use for me, but I'm also in their way.  They actually aim to physically push past me, and sometimes there are collisions when walking, even though I look in the direction I'm going so everyone knows which way I'm headed.  But they have no time for analyzing body language.  They just bowl you over.  I hope I never did that when I was young.

I need to move to a retirement community ASAP.  Aging would be so much easier to handle without kids slamming into me.  Maybe I would be one of the young ones.  I hear Scottsdale is nice...

I turn 73 in December, work 3 days a week in the state headquarters for two veterans organizations that help our vets and service connected disabled vets get the benefits they are entitled to and earned by their service, webmaster two sites, am editor and creator of 3 state newsletters/newspapers, travel for the VSOs I work for, and then take care of home and family, plus enjoy our college and pro football teams and make a couple or more fun week long trips to Orlando, Texas, and such.

My list of health problems rival Falkie and I may have to do some things slower, but I’ve never had to worry about younger ones or middle aged folks running me over. And at my age, we’ve earned the right to say what we want and to hell with those who think otherwise.

Why am I relating all of this? Because it all comes down to our attitude about what we want our lives to be and not accepting less. 50’s are a great age to be...embrace the time, utilize it to the fullest. It is all in your hands. To me, 50 year olds are still kids (or anyone under 65)...so, kiddies, you still got a lot of life left to live. Go for it.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #579 on: September 22, 2019, 11:33:39 PM »
I don't know who this guy is but the headline makes him sound like he's something big...

Carl Ruiz

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/entertainment/national/story/2019-09-22/television-celebrity-chef-restaurateur-carl-ruiz-dies-at-44
Eh, nevermind...

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
  • We call ourselves the Nightstalkers...
« Reply #580 on: September 23, 2019, 01:23:58 AM »
Ric Ocasek is older than guys who were on the scene 15 years before him.  I know the Cars were a long time cover band but....

Bob Dylan (78 years old); Paul McCartney (77); Paul Simon (77) and Art Garfunkel (77); Carole King (77); Brian Wilson (77); Mick Jagger (76) and Keith Richards (75); Joni Mitchell (75); Jimmy Page (75) and Robert Plant (71); Ray Davies (75); Roger Daltrey (75) and Pete Townshend (74); Roger Waters (75) and David Gilmour (73); Rod Stewart (74); Eric Clapton (74); Debbie Harry (74); Neil Young (73); Van Morrison (73); Bryan Ferry (73); Elton John (72); Don Henley (72); James Taylor (71); Jackson Browne (70); Billy Joel (70); and Bruce Springsteen (69, but turning 70 next month).

From an article:

https://theweek.com/articles/861750/coming-death-just-about-every-rock-legend
I can't believe the article writers left out the original 'Bad Girl' of Rock-N-Roll: Suzy Quotro

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

She was the HOT Tuskadero cousin from Happy Days;  'Leather'

69 years old and still touring.  https://www.songkick.com/artists/126246-suzi-quatro/calendar

Let the Fonz have Pinky, I'll take Leather.
It may be that your sole purpose in life, is to serve as a warning to others.   :o

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
  • We call ourselves the Nightstalkers...
« Reply #581 on: September 23, 2019, 01:33:32 AM »
EDIT:
The text parser in here sucks goat nuts.  >:(
It may be that your sole purpose in life, is to serve as a warning to others.   :o

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #582 on: September 23, 2019, 09:35:10 AM »
I can't believe the article writers left out the original 'Bad Girl' of Rock-N-Roll: Suzy Quotro

She was the HOT Tuskadero cousin from Happy Days;  'Leather'

69 years old and still touring.  https://www.songkick.com/artists/126246-suzi-quatro/calendar

Let the Fonz have Pinky, I'll take Leather.

Okay, I'm going Google free...  Was her big hit "Lipstick?"

I bet if I went to YouTube there's probably a video but this is a test to see if my brain is still working...
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
Eh, nevermind...

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated