Author Topic: The Legendary Art Bell  (Read 283914 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF KINDNESS
    • Real Bad Radio
Re: The Legendary Art Bell
« Reply #2145 on: December 27, 2023, 02:24:45 PM »

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #2146 on: December 30, 2023, 12:17:35 PM »
I just discovered today that U7 did a second aiArt show.

They're playing an interview with Art before the Sirius show. 
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2147 on: December 30, 2023, 01:15:32 PM »
I just discovered today that U7 did a second aiArt show.

They're playing an interview with Art before the Sirius show.
AI-Art doesn't count!

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2148 on: December 30, 2023, 01:23:02 PM »
AI-Art doesn't count!

Wrong!
aiArt can do anything a computer can, including count.
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

@KSM is Hunter-ed a new job?
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2149 on: December 30, 2023, 01:55:45 PM »

@KSM is Hunter-ed a new job?
No, I had to do it in order to pick up my Glock 45 - Gen 5.
Like I'm going small game hunting with a pistol! Shoot a game hen with some expensive soft point 9mm? HA!!
At the end of the course you do a "virtual field day" online looking for mistakes and safety issues pertaining to the actions of the people in the video. The video used in CO is the Canadian hunters Ed video.  I guess they figured, well the Canucks already did one so we'll save ourselves the time and cash and use it..

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2150 on: December 30, 2023, 02:18:06 PM »
No, I had to do it in order to pick up my Glock 45 - Gen 5.
Like I'm going small game hunting with a pistol! Shoot a game hen with some expensive soft point 9mm? HA!!
At the end of the course you do a "virtual field day" online looking for mistakes and safety issues pertaining to the actions of the people in the video. The video used in CO is the Canadian hunters Ed video.  I guess they figured, well the Canucks already did one so we'll save ourselves the time and cash and use it..

Intellectual property theft!  Hahaha!

Eh, nevermind...

October Rust

• KIDD
« Reply #2151 on: January 03, 2024, 01:59:44 AM »
Hey Guys, I used to post here a ton back in the Bellgab Days- lately I've been more active on the Art Bell Subreddit just out of convenience.  But I feel pretty confident I've solved the JC mystery, and instantly thought about the Bellgab days and figured I'd post here too...

Just copy and pasting from reddit, hope that's alright...

https://www.reddit.com/r/ArtBell/comments/18xfqlu/guys_im_nearly_certain_i_cracked_the_who_was_jc/

------

I posted here about a year ago about the Over the Edge Radio Program - which is a "sound collage radio program" broadcasting since the early 80's.

You can read about it here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Over_the_Edge_(radio_program)

What makes this show relevant to us is, they'd cut up Art Bell snippets, dating back all the way to the late- 80's and use them in their broadcast. It's provided glimpses of Art broadcasting years earlier than anything in the archives(1992); While it's a tease because you never get more than a few minutes at a time, it's still really cool to hear.

I was listening to an episode tonight broadcast on Halloween Night 1993 (https://archive.org/details/OTE_19931000_Trick_or_Treat) - At about 1 hour and 35 minutes, the hosts are pretending to take calls (I'm nearly certain it's the hosts of the show just pretending to be callers), and someone "calls in" with a Ross Perot impersonation - He talks about people being possessed by the devil, the Mark of the Beast, Prophecies, etc. To me, it's UNMISTAKABLY JC Webster.

I've uploaded the call here(starts about 5 seconds in) - https://archive.org/details/untitled_20240103

The main host of Over The Edge Radio, Don Joyce (Maybe his last name was even where he got the name JC from?), who did a lot of the voice acting on the show unfortunately passed away in 2015. I'm sure someone here has better recollection than I, but I think it was around this time the "real" JC stopped calling into Coast to Coast AM and the calls became few and far between/obviously not the original JC.

I'm continually listening to these shows as I tinker around in the garage, etc. So if I uncover anything of relevance I'll continue to upload.

Curious to hear what you guys think, but I feel pretty confident these guys are behind JC Webster. It's obvious they were fans of Art Bell, spanning back to the late-80's just given the fact they would use snippets of his show so frequently.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #2152 on: January 03, 2024, 04:45:06 AM »
It sounds a lot like him.  I heard an early SIT a good while back and it had a caller with a deeper voice but who had the same vocal mannerisms as JC including the way he said "Hello, Mr. Bell?"

In his last call to Art on MITD, real JC sounded really old and sick.
Merry Christmas

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2153 on: January 03, 2024, 05:07:58 AM »
Curious to hear what you guys think, but I feel pretty confident these guys are behind JC Webster. It's obvious they were fans of Art Bell, spanning back to the late-80's just given the fact they would use snippets of his show so frequently.

I hear Don Joyce in his Ross Perot impersonation but do not hear him in JC.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #2154 on: January 03, 2024, 05:11:37 AM »
You've got better ears than i do.  I had to play too many times next to drummers.
Merry Christmas

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2155 on: January 03, 2024, 05:19:50 AM »
It sounds a lot like him.  I heard an early SIT a good while back and it had a caller with a deeper voice but who had the same vocal mannerisms as JC including the way he said "Hello, Mr. Bell?"

In his last call to Art on MITD, real JC sounded really old and sick.

He died 2 days after MITD began.

Donald S. Joyce (February 9, 1944 – July 22, 2015)
On July 20, 2015, Bell returned with his new show Midnight in the Desert.

The JC call was months later.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2156 on: January 03, 2024, 10:09:25 AM »
18 JC's.

Anything after 99 sounds highly suspect.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
« Reply #2157 on: January 03, 2024, 03:26:38 PM »
18 JC's.

Anything after 99 sounds highly suspect.

Then there is the lady who told George sNoory that she knew JC and JC had died. I presume that was a recent death.

I think I heard the same thing as Juan, somebody who sounded like JC in an earlier incarnation. That includes the "Mr Bell" phrase.
Eh, nevermind...

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2158 on: January 03, 2024, 04:43:34 PM »
Then there is the lady who told George sNoory that she knew JC and JC had died. I presume that was a recent death.

I think I heard the same thing as Juan, somebody who sounded like JC in an earlier incarnation. That includes the "Mr Bell" phrase.
I'll bet the guy is indeed dead. I think we all agree that there really was a JC, where we differ is the longevity of the real JC as opposed to all the put-ons that came after. And who's to say that there weren't more than one impostor going at any given time. This is messier than UFOlogy itself. We don't know where the truth ends, but we do know where it began - and that's with the original 1st call about Bigfoot.

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #2159 on: January 04, 2024, 04:11:48 AM »
The MITD JC sounds real to me.  The voice is older and slower, but the language seems the same.  He uses language the way an intelligent person does.  Whoever posted as JC on FB used the language of an idiot.
Merry Christmas