Author Topic: Ask Bart Anything  (Read 752637 times)

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
Re: Ask Bart Anything
« Reply #5790 on: March 18, 2023, 06:31:21 PM »
Bart,

Wanted a ratcheting bar clamp for some woodworking projects this spring. Went to Northern Tool and they had a name brand one of the proper length for almost $40. Heavy, made of steel and probably would last a lifetime and then some. Seemed pretty steep, so I went across the street to the Harbor Freight where they had a Guy From Pittsburgh model for $6.49     First time I ratchet it down and apply some torque to it, it's gonna snap like a twig isn't it? 

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5791 on: March 19, 2023, 04:33:51 AM »
Bart,

Wanted a ratcheting bar clamp for some woodworking projects this spring. Went to Northern Tool and they had a name brand one of the proper length for almost $40. Heavy, made of steel and probably would last a lifetime and then some. Seemed pretty steep, so I went across the street to the Harbor Freight where they had a Guy From Pittsburgh model for $6.49     First time I ratchet it down and apply some torque to it, it's gonna snap like a twig isn't it?

Get 2 cheap ones, tape them together and you got one monster clamper.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #5792 on: March 25, 2023, 06:45:00 AM »

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5793 on: March 25, 2023, 06:52:31 AM »
Bart,

Safe to assume this is yours?

https://twitter.com/ghostforeskin/status/1638867837765787648

You could not get a drone 5 feet off the ground here without 2 countries knocking on your door within minutes.
Yes, 2 entire countries.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #5794 on: March 25, 2023, 07:42:58 AM »
What brand of coffee do you prefer?
What do you take in your coffee or do you prefer it black?
How much coffee do you drink?

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5795 on: March 25, 2023, 09:31:28 AM »
What brand of coffee do you prefer?
What do you take in your coffee or do you prefer it black?
How much coffee do you drink?

I really don't care about the brand - we have Kicking Horse and McCafé right now.
I put some cream in it until it achieves prime Whitney Houston.
One massive mug in the morning.

Now back to prime Whitney.
My word I would have enjoyed feeding her a grape while we watched The Man Called Flintstone.
Only one grape, though, you don't want to fatten her up or anything.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • HEAPING CUP OF HOLY COW
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #5796 on: March 25, 2023, 11:19:57 AM »
I really don't care about the brand - we have Kicking Horse and McCafé right now.
I put some cream in it until it achieves prime Whitney Houston.
One massive mug in the morning.

Now back to prime Whitney.
My word I would have enjoyed feeding her a grape while we watched The Man Called Flintstone.
Only one grape, though, you don't want to fatten her up or anything.

Until it achieves prime Whitney? You mean color? Getting a little coffee racism here. And cream with no sweetener of any sort? That's weird.

You and and Whitney and A Man Called Flintstone? Grapes!? WTF is all this  ??? I can appreciate elaboration as much as the next guy but this is strange stuff. This is a lot to unpack right now. 

I would like to see a picture of this "massive mug" you drink from each morning.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #5797 on: March 27, 2023, 04:05:53 PM »
Bart,

It seems that Johnny Mathis is coming to town.  Would it even be worth going to see the old boy?   He was pretty hot stuff in say 1955 but that was almost 70 years ago.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5798 on: March 27, 2023, 04:53:40 PM »
Bart,

It seems that Johnny Mathis is coming to town.  Would it even be worth going to see the old boy?   He was pretty hot stuff in say 1955 but that was almost 70 years ago.

Some years back some numbers nerd came up with the idea of banking a bunch of interest by putting tickets on sale 6-9 months before the event date.
That is why they don't mind booking tours for 90 year old fossils that may drop dead at any moment - they have made their money even if they have to cancel.
The only reason to go see Johnny Mathis is if it somehow gets you an extra blowie you were not counting on.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #5799 on: March 27, 2023, 11:41:35 PM »
Some years back some numbers nerd came up with the idea of banking a bunch of interest by putting tickets on sale 6-9 months before the event date.
That is why they don't mind booking tours for 90 year old fossils that may drop dead at any moment - they have made their money even if they have to cancel.
The only reason to go see Johnny Mathis is if it somehow gets you an extra blowie you were not counting on.

This exchange caught my eye because my mom was a fan and played his records. Even as a kid I was taken with his voice. He is right around 90 but still looks fabulous! This was taken two years ago. I think a blowie would be a definite possibility if you take the right date

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
    • The George Senda Music Video
« Reply #5800 on: March 28, 2023, 12:41:36 AM »
He is right around 90

Eighty seven and a half.  But who's counting.

Bart Ell

• Shithead
  • Ellevated
« Reply #5801 on: March 28, 2023, 04:07:28 AM »
I think a blowie would be a definite possibility if you take the right date

If a woman (or man) is willing to preform mouth favors for a Johnny Mathis ticket then there is an excellant chance it will be a gummy.

HamsterMuscle

• Ellightened
    • The George Senda Music Video
« Reply #5802 on: March 28, 2023, 05:06:42 AM »
If a woman (or man) is willing to preform mouth favors for a Johnny Mathis ticket then there is an excellant chance it will be a gummy.

Maybe it's me, but I'm not seeing a downside here.

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #5803 on: March 28, 2023, 08:51:12 AM »

You act like it's a chore
“I'll try a pagan friend, thought I, since Christian kindness has proved but hollow courtesy.” - Herman Melville

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #5804 on: April 01, 2023, 06:09:30 PM »
Bart,

I don't have a creepy underground Eel pit.  Is that a good thing or a bad thing?