Author Topic: NFL Football  (Read 116445 times)

Billy Joe Mulgreavey

• Elluminati
  • 3.99 or 6.99, content seen NOWHERE else!
Re: NFL Football
« Reply #1080 on: January 26, 2023, 07:43:45 PM »
Purdy thinks quickly and is very composed.  He has yet to throw an interception in the playoffs.   Shanahan gave him a ton of shit for almost letting the clock run out before throwing the ball away against Dallas.  I don't foresee any stupid Dallas-like mistakes from this team and this coach.

I definitely give you guys the coaching factor.  I think Philly’s biggest weakness is in this category especially on the defensive side of the ball.  Our DC has been wayyyyy to stubborn and slow to adjust.  Fortunately, the player raw talent has bailed him out time and time again.  I can’t believe that so many teams are looking at Gannon as HC material, but whatever, please take him.  We need the ghost of Buddy Ryan! 

Billy Joe Mulgreavey

• Elluminati
« Reply #1081 on: January 26, 2023, 07:46:53 PM »
There are four great teams in the finals, all of whom could arguably be in the Super Bowl, if not win it.  This is the best time of the year for football fans, and this year will be special.

The Niners/Eagles game starts at 4:00am Monday local time.  I might be able to get a video of the game by the time that I get to work.  Then I have to stay the hell off the Internet for the rest of the day.  Fingers crossed.

I agree.  I think any of the remaining teams could take the whole thing.  I hope you get to watch the game.

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1082 on: January 28, 2023, 08:19:41 AM »
I officially have money on the Bengals. Can't say I feel all that confident. fuck   :-\

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #1083 on: January 29, 2023, 07:53:30 AM »
“Cowboys edge defender Micah Parsons sent an interesting tweet in the aftermath of his team’s playoff loss to the 49ers.

“Besides mahomes, every team in the final 4 Qb is on a rookie deal and surrounded by talent! Mhmm interesting take!” he tweeted.”

It generated news because it appeared to be a shot at Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott (which Parsons later denied). But really it provides a good opportunity to delve into the matter of whether paying big money to a quarterback does more harm than good...”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/does-paying-big-money-to-an-nfl-quarterback-do-more-harm-than-good/ar-AA16Q7yI

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1084 on: January 29, 2023, 09:32:02 AM »
“Cowboys edge defender Micah Parsons sent an interesting tweet in the aftermath of his team’s playoff loss to the 49ers.

“Besides mahomes, every team in the final 4 Qb is on a rookie deal and surrounded by talent! Mhmm interesting take!” he tweeted.”

It generated news because it appeared to be a shot at Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott (which Parsons later denied). But really it provides a good opportunity to delve into the matter of whether paying big money to a quarterback does more harm than good...”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/does-paying-big-money-to-an-nfl-quarterback-do-more-harm-than-good/ar-AA16Q7yI

Yes, exactly, when a team has to pay a QB $30-40 million, under a salary cap system they can then afford many fewer stars or even mid-level players.

A non-QB centric system like the 49ers may be the future.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #1085 on: January 29, 2023, 09:44:15 AM »
Yes, exactly, when a team has to pay a QB $30-40 million, under a salary cap system they can then afford many fewer stars or even mid-level players.

A non-QB centric system like the 49ers may be the future.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #1086 on: January 29, 2023, 09:50:22 AM »
What teams are sportsballing this weekend? Who? I know that they changed the day that the golf tournaments and so as not to interfere with footsportsball.
Eh, nevermind...

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #1087 on: January 29, 2023, 10:22:39 AM »
Cincinnati vs. Kansas City
San Francisco Vs. Philadelphia
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #1088 on: January 29, 2023, 12:37:24 PM »
Cincinnati vs. Kansas City
San Francisco Vs. Philadelphia
technically, other way around

Billy Joe Mulgreavey

• Elluminati
« Reply #1089 on: January 29, 2023, 03:13:13 PM »
If you're going to San Francisco
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
If you're going to San Francisco
You're gonna meet some gentle people there...NOT!

Damn!  Body bag game I guess.  Hate to see anyone hurt.  How many personal foul penalties?  Must be a record.  Onward!  Go Birds! 

ItsOver

• Ellevated
Busted in Big D
« Reply #1090 on: January 29, 2023, 05:26:24 PM »
Drinking heavily and getting busted. Great way to prep for the NFL draft.

Georgia QB Stetson Bennett arrested for public intoxication in Dallas while preparing for 2023 NFL Draft
Of
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/georgia-qb-stetson-bennett-arrested-for-public-intoxication-in-dallas-while-preparing-for-2023-nfl-draft/

AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
Re: Busted in Big D
« Reply #1091 on: January 29, 2023, 08:12:05 PM »
Drinking heavily and getting busted. Great way to prep for the NFL draft.

Georgia QB Stetson Bennett arrested for public intoxication in Dallas while preparing for 2023 NFL Draft
Of
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/georgia-qb-stetson-bennett-arrested-for-public-intoxication-in-dallas-while-preparing-for-2023-nfl-draft/
At least Ryan Leaf flew to Las Vegas to prepare for the draft. Leaf seems like a genius compared this doofus.

I just read that he wasn't even ranked for the draft.  That says volumes about what they think of him... Sports psychology has become much better.
Eh, nevermind...

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #1092 on: January 30, 2023, 05:45:41 AM »
At least Ryan Leaf flew to Las Vegas to prepare for the draft. Leaf seems like a genius compared this doofus.

I just read that he wasn't even ranked for the draft.  That says volumes about what they think of him... Sports psychology has become much better.
Maybe Cleveland will go for him.  ;)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #1093 on: January 30, 2023, 08:36:13 PM »
Listening to a bit of the 49ers postmortem on the local sports talk shows today was interesting.

That was the end of the season for me, just realized I don't even know who won the other game.

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #1094 on: February 10, 2023, 02:55:12 PM »
Forbes hints at who they think will win the SB in this article about the extra delay when watching the game streamed over the internet vs over-the-air...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bradadgate/2023/02/10/super-bowl-lvii-will-set-another-streaming-record-but-expect-delays/?sh=46d36bf11f5e

For men 18-34 the breakout in viewing sources was different; only 40% used set-top-boxes/antennas, there was a 38% share for out-of-home viewing, a 10% share for viewing on Smart TVs and a 7% share used internet connected devices. The declining use of set top boxes is indicative of the impact cord-cutting is having on viewer behavior and raises issues for streaming. This year’s Super Bowl will be available on FoxSports.com among other streaming providers.

“Any interaction - chatting, texting, notifications - will potentially ruin the viewing experience. Imagine 30 seconds to go in the game and Patrick Mahomes throws the winning TD, but before you see the play, you get a text from your friend who already saw it - this is inexcusable and doesn't have to happen,” Corenthal continued.