DynamoHum

• Hall Of Famer
  • Ellevated
  • Don’t tell me if anyone dies, k?
Sonos
« on: July 31, 2018, 03:48:35 PM »
Anyone else have a Sonos setup?

I bloody love mine, we have 5 speakers.

For internet radio it’s excellent. I have to fall asleep listening to someone talk about something freaky and I’ve curated a good set of paranormal radio stations, as well as podcasts.

We have three Play 1’s, a Play 3 and the Playbase. As we have a large lounge the Playbase is excellent for TV playback. Add the Alexa integration which to be fair we don’t use nearly as much as we could, and upcoming Airplay integration...if you have been mulling over purchasing one, go for it.

Possibly the best bit of tech we have in the house apart from our iPads.
Give pees a chance.

Hi Metron <3

Whistler

• Drone Pilot
  • We call ourselves the Nightstalkers...
Re: Sonos
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 04:58:27 AM »
Anyone else have a Sonos setup?

I bloody love mine, we have 5 speakers.

For internet radio it’s excellent. I have to fall asleep listening to someone talk about something freaky and I’ve curated a good set of paranormal radio stations, as well as podcasts.

We have three Play 1’s, a Play 3 and the Playbase. As we have a large lounge the Playbase is excellent for TV playback. Add the Alexa integration which to be fair we don’t use nearly as much as we could, and upcoming Airplay integration...if you have been mulling over purchasing one, go for it.

Possibly the best bit of tech we have in the house apart from our iPads.
Looks like a hell of a wireless speaker system - it's even encrypted.
No - don't have one. I pipe my tunes through an early 80's entertainment amplifier (Yamaha - with a 7 lb transformer and 320 watts p/ channel)  My computer(s) are jacked straight into it so I can stream. I also have a Tapco 2200 (that's an Electro-voice equalizer)  between the amp and the speakers.
Oh, I can also pipe online video straight to the TV - through the sound system.
I DO have a hell of a sound system set up, and try to keep RF radiation to a minimum, though.
Wireless is convenient, but I don't want it anywhere close to where I'm sleeping.

Pipe your playlist into an input jack on your radio / stereo / entertainment center, and cut the RF radiation in your home right down.
I'll guarantee you'll sleep better.  ;)
It may be that your sole purpose in life, is to serve as a warning to others.   :o