Author Topic: Dexter  (Read 7718 times)

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
Dexter
« on: August 21, 2020, 10:53:24 AM »
Watching Dexter for the first time. I've mixed thoughts on it but for the most part I like it - at least enough to see it through.  He (Dex) has amazing luck as circumstances get him out of jams that could incriminate him on a regular basis so like any TV series there is a level of suspending disbelief that must be applied. At first I found his sister (now Michael C hall's wife in real life) annoying but the character seems to have some level of consistency although she has a flat ass. Meh

Just finished season 4 with John Lithgow as the bad guy..  Not happy with the way the season ended with Dex's wife Rita found dead in the bathtub and his baby sitting in her blood on the floor.

I have been told by several that seasons 7 and 8 are a bust as they the writers have completely run out of ideas and murderous scenarios. We'll see..

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
  • Fame, it's not just for breakfast anymore
Re: Dexter
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 11:00:56 AM »
Watching Dexter for the first time. I've mixed thoughts on it but for the most part I like it - at least enough to see it through.  He (Dex) has amazing luck as circumstances get him out of jams that could incriminate him on a regular basis so like any TV series there is a level of suspending disbelief that must be applied. At first I found his sister (now Michael C hall's wife in real life) annoying but the character seems to have some level of consistency although she has a flat ass. Meh

Just finished season 4 with John Lithgow as the bad guy..  Not happy with the way the season ended with Dex's wife Rita found dead in the bathtub and his baby sitting in her blood on the floor.

I have been told by several that seasons 7 and 8 are a bust as they the writers have completely run out of ideas and murderous scenarios. We'll see..

There's still some good seasons ahead for you! I'm particularly fond of season 6 with its "bizarre ritualistic killings featuring overtly religious apocalyptic symbolism" (Wikipedia)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

But all-in-all I think it was pretty good. Orange is the New Black struck me the same way--they extended the seasons for too long--but I don't fault the producers. They want to ride those ponies for as long as they can.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 12:29:46 PM »

They are no longer married. D I V O R C E D
I know this because I was reading about them two nights ago, because we just started to watch the show. It is our second time, but there you go!
You do have good taste Mr. Man.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 12:31:02 PM »
But all-in-all I think it was pretty good. Orange is the New Black struck me the same way--they extended the seasons for too long--but I don't fault the producers. They want to ride those ponies for as long as they can.

We saw some of those, up to the season where they took over the prison. We need to see the rest.

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 01:19:21 PM »
We saw some of those, up to the season where they took over the prison. We need to see the rest.

THEY SPENT THE WHOLE SEASON TAKING OVER THE PRISON IN A WHAT? 3 DAY RIOT?

Still, I stuck with it. It did go off the rails a little there at the end.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 02:43:30 PM »
THEY SPENT THE WHOLE SEASON TAKING OVER THE PRISON IN A WHAT? 3 DAY RIOT?

Still, I stuck with it. It did go off the rails a little there at the end.

It seemed like months. But we'll see the rest. Is it done now forever?

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2020, 02:52:55 PM »
It seemed like months. But we'll see the rest. Is it done now forever?

The last episode wrapped everything up nicely. It's over.

But is it really? I'm sure it probably is but would people watch a sequel? Maybe...

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2020, 03:11:16 PM »
The last episode wrapped everything up nicely. It's over.

But is it really? I'm sure it probably is but would people watch a sequel? Maybe...

Ok! I'll keep you posted

JUAN

• Ellevated
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2020, 03:46:18 PM »
How can you waste your time on frivolity?  We have ice hockey to watch.  Right, @FISH?
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2020, 05:23:57 PM »
They are no longer married. D I V O R C E D
I know this because I was reading about them two nights ago, because we just started to watch the show. It is our second time, but there you go!
You do have good taste Mr. Man.
I do have good taste, you're right! i have good taste in Annie's too :D  :P  Too much?  No longer married?  :o :o :o

@anniem
@Ciardelo  can we please keep it to DEXTER and NOT the prison show! SHEESH! Yooouuu peeeoople  Um, is it a women in prison show? Maybe start a thread for that.. Are they 'hot?'  8)

Ciardelo

• Elluminati
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2020, 05:28:58 PM »
I do have good taste, you're right! i have good taste in Annie's too :D  :P  Too much?  No longer married?  :o :o :o

@anniem
@Ciardelo  can we please keep it to DEXTER and NOT the prison show! SHEESH! Yooouuu peeeoople  Um, is it a women in prison show? Maybe start a thread for that.. Are they 'hot?'  8)

Yeah, that's a "feature" of the show. Hot lesbian sandwiches. In church. (ok, the chapel)

I don't think Dexter has hot lesbian sandwiches.

But I do enjoy the Dexter shows. The amputee with the colored nail polish...hm...what's that all about?

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2020, 05:31:44 PM »
@anniem

Yes it is a women's prison. I don't know if they are hot. We sort of drifted a bit, but I think that is ok. How did we both start watching the Dex???

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2020, 07:04:34 PM »
How did we both start watching the Dex???

@TigerLily once told me I would make a fantastic serial killer and said that I may find Dexter somewhat therapeutic. So I finally decided to dive in.

anniem

• Ellevated
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2020, 07:13:34 PM »
@TigerLily once told me I would make a fantastic serial killer and said that I may find Dexter somewhat therapeutic. So I finally decided to dive in.

Where is she?
We are watching it RIGHT THIS MINUTE

FISH

• 2 FISTS OF HATE
  • Ellevated
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2020, 07:32:30 PM »
How can you waste your time on frivolity?  We have ice hockey to watch.  Right, @FISH?
@juan CORRECT.
PLAYOFF HOCKEY in August is GREAT fun.
A true game of love and hate.

https://twitter.com/GrittyNHL/status/1296985141542256640