Author Topic: 2019 NFL Season  (Read 36867 times)

MaxPower

• Drone Pilot
  • My favorite breed is Rescue
Re: 2019 NFL Season
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2019, 01:44:20 PM »
Magically his back problems disappeared after a four hour plane flight.
LOL ... The lad needed to go.

Zetaspeak

• Elluminati
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2019, 01:37:55 PM »
The Niners are simply brilliant. Too bad they had to show that brilliance beating up on my Rams. But I'm happy they are still undefeated. Especially since Jimmy Loup-Garou is another Cute Guy Bowl alumnus. Well deserved I might add

I have no idea how the Niners turned it around so fast, they were just 4-12 last season. The NFL West is a beast of a division.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2019, 04:59:39 PM »
I have no idea how the Niners turned it around so fast, they were just 4-12 last season. The NFL West is a beast of a division.

Five #1 picks on the D-line, and getting their QB back isn't hurting

GravitySucks

• Hall Of Famer!
  • Ellevated
  • Backup assistant deputy administrator in training
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2019, 09:32:26 PM »
How do you craft your resume when you get fired as offensive coordinator for not beating the Bears bad enough?

https://apnews.com/cc27a3bd29df461285e8a5ee1cb76d9e
Are we having fun yet?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2019, 07:53:40 AM »
The Steelers vs. Browns on Thursday night ~ What a shit show.  And then the game ended like this:

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2019, 09:55:09 AM »
The Steelers vs. Browns on Thursday night ~ What a shit show.  And then the game ended like this:

I've wondered sometimes why certain violent, vicious, intentional acts on the playing field aren't considered crimes - with the player arrested and prosecuted.  There are plenty of police on the field and around the stadium at every game.

That is actually coming up in a couple of articles I read this morning.  One reporter asked the Cleveland police about it, and their response was 'no comment', other than the QB Rudolph hasn't filed charges.

So two questions:  1) since when do the police need a formal complaint before arresting a suspect, when the crime is committed right in front of them, and 2) will Rudolph file charges? 

(My expectation is Rudolph will either blow it off as 'in the past and we're focusing on our next game' or 'the league is handling it', and won't want to have the rep around the league as the one that did so.  Same with his agent - he'd still get the blame.  The team should file charges, or publicly insist that he does if it needs to be him)

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2019, 10:16:22 AM »

Before that, during the game TWO Steeler's receivers were knocked out of the game with concussions.  Two.  I'm not sure how that happens, since hitting an opponent in the head is also illegal in the NFL.  And usually another crime as well.

This all goes back to coaching.  This POS Browns coach should be investigated by the NFL, and fired.  And arrested.  He won't be though, look how long Pete Carroll has been a head coach in college and the NFL - coaching his players to do much the same.

I've never even heard of this Browns coach, it struck me as odd the first thing I heard him say in his post game interview was he didn't coach this stuff.  Kind of a strange thing to say right off the bat, unless he actually does coach this stuff. 

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2019, 10:54:51 AM »
I've wondered sometimes why certain violent, vicious, intentional acts on the playing field aren't considered crimes - with the player arrested and prosecuted.  There are plenty of police on the field and around the stadium at every game.

That is actually coming up in a couple of articles I read this morning.  One reporter asked the Cleveland police about it, and their response was 'no comment', other than the QB Rudolph hasn't filed charges.

So two questions:  1) since when do the police need a formal complaint before arresting a suspect, when the crime is committed right in front of them, and 2) will Rudolph file charges? 

(My expectation is Rudolph will either blow it off as 'in the past and we're focusing on our next game' or 'the league is handling it', and won't want to have the rep around the league as the one that did so.  Same with his agent - he'd still get the blame.  The team should file charges, or publicly insist that he does if it needs to be him)

@PB I saw that Rudolph's legal team is "looking into it" but I don't think anything can be done.  The NFL governs itself and the rule book is full of violations.  Using a helmet in the way it was used Thursday is one of them.  So, when you're in that league there is an understanding that there will be penalties dished out by the league for this behavior, and not law enforcement.

Some other sports can bring the legal process into it.  I recall a few players in the NHL having criminal chargers filed against them while on the ice.  The happened in Canada though and I think it's part of their law system that sports teams aren't exempt.  What comes to mind is when Marty McSorley hit Donald Brashear in the head with his stick.  He was charged and received probation (18 months I think) in addition to what the league doled out.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2019, 11:04:32 AM »
Before that, during the game TWO Steeler's receivers were knocked out of the game with concussions.  Two.  I'm not sure how that happens, since hitting an opponent in the head is also illegal in the NFL.  And usually another crime as well.

This all goes back to coaching.  This POS Browns coach should be investigated by the NFL, and fired.  And arrested.  He won't be though, look how long Pete Carroll has been a head coach in college and the NFL - coaching his players to do much the same.

I've never even heard of this Browns coach, it struck me as odd the first thing I heard him say in his post game interview was he didn't coach this stuff.  Kind of a strange thing to say right off the bat, unless he actually does coach this stuff.

@PB  Freddie Kitchens is an idiot and his team has no discipline.  The Browns are so cocky this year and haven't earned that right.  They have the most player ejections, most penalties accepted, and the most penalty yards. 

The hits (3 at once) on JuJu were obviously bad but it seemed the hits to the head were accidental, and him falling on his head made things worse.  I put that on Mason Rudolph for setting him up for failure by throwing into triple coverage.  The hit on Diontae Johnson was vicious and deliberate.  When I saw the blood coming from his ear I was thinking the worst.

The league has more rules about this than ever yet these players just continue to do what they want.  There needs to be more extreme penalties...like the one Garrett just got.  Suspended indefinitely with no pay.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2019, 11:12:17 AM »
@PB I saw that Rudolph's legal team is "looking into it" but I don't think anything can be done.  The NFL governs itself and the rule book is full of violations.  Using a helmet in the way it was used Thursday is one of them.  So, when you're in that league there is an understanding that there will be penalties dished out by the league for this behavior, and not law enforcement.

Some other sports can bring the legal process into it.  I recall a few players in the NHL having criminal chargers filed against them while on the ice.  The happened in Canada though and I think it's part of their law system that sports teams aren't exempt.  What comes to mind is when Marty McSorley hit Donald Brashear in the head with his stick.  He was charged and received probation (18 months I think) in addition to what the league doled out.

Now that you mention it, I do remember something about criminal charges in the NHL!  Good for them.

I don't think the NFL, or any league, can exempt itself from the law.  I'm no expert, but I think anything on that field is still subject to Cleveland, Ohio, and federal law - for example what if that helmet blow had hit Rudolph in the temple and killed him?  Heck, they arrest fans inside the stadium all the time.

PB

• Ellevated
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2019, 11:30:03 AM »
@PB
... The league has more rules about this than ever yet these players just continue to do what they want.  There needs to be more extreme penalties...like the one Garrett just got.  Suspended indefinitely with no pay.

We know the League isn't serious, and cares only about money.  That's just a fact.

We've seen that players can be any sort of criminal and play.  Unless it impacts revenue.  For example the two big 'crimes' the NFL (and other leagues) are actually serious about are performance enhancement and domestic abuse.  Performance enhancement, because it brings up questions about the integrity of the games themselves, and domestic abuse because they believe that to be a hot button issue with female fans, who they want to continue cultivating. 

Thug and accused of accessory-to-murder Ray Lewis continues to be in good standing around the league, even recently elected to the HoF.  Criminals from college programs are routinely drafted.  People like Aaron Hernandez continue to play until they are hauled off and locked up.  And etc. 

Something else I've wondered about - are these teams liable for bringing a known criminal into the area to play for them, and he then commits some heinous crime there?  I think the victim would have a case.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2019, 02:03:24 PM »
I received a head wound from watching the game.  I had forgotten my pledge not to pick a team to win where the quarterback's face resembles a deer looking into headlights.  I slapped my forehead in disgust.  So I stopped watching for awhile and then tuned back in during the last two minutes of the game.  Looking at the score, I turned the tv off in disgust, thereby missing the game's dramatic ending.  "Slap!" There went another one.   

TigerLily

• Official Muse
  • Ellevated
  • Founder Art's Tarts and Legacy Bart's Bitchen Babe
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2019, 03:43:12 PM »

I recorded the game but didn't watch it because I thought it would be a HUGE BLOWOUT FOR THE STEELERS! Shay. What happened?  :( But thanks for the clip. At least I can watch a good fight 😺
Angel in Training  Words of Wisdom: "Play along or go to Hell"

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2019, 06:18:35 PM »
First NFL game I decide to watch and THAT happens!  So it's like hockey, eh.

I only decided to watch because it was a Steelers game. I've decided that they are my team south o the border!  Proud of it too!!  Ya gotta problem with that?  ;D

Up All Night

• Ellevated
  • N. Texas
    • Stroll Down Memory Lane
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2019, 06:48:50 PM »
The guy at Thats Good Sports said the NFL should treat this like the MMA does...one game suspension, and then the rematch.  ;D

=394