Author Topic: Crappy TV  (Read 7854 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
Re: Crappy TV
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2018, 08:35:34 AM »
Yes. 

That was simply awful.  What the hell were they thinking?  I watched a few episodes of that show when it first started and then occasionally over time.  Then I concluded that I hate it.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2018, 09:50:33 AM »
That was simply awful.  What the hell were they thinking?  I watched a few episodes of that show when it first started and then occasionally over time.  Then I concluded that I hate it.

I thought reusing the Lincoln some was very nice:

https://driving.ca/mercury/auto-news/entertainment/book-em-danno-a-ride-in-hawaii-five-os-mercury-marquis

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The Zombie Jack Lord was just horrible.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2018, 10:18:56 AM »
I thought reusing the Lincoln some was very nice:

https://driving.ca/mercury/auto-news/entertainment/book-em-danno-a-ride-in-hawaii-five-os-mercury-marquis

The Zombie Jack Lord was just horrible.

The car is cool.  Would love to take a spin in it.  44 years old and still in decent shape.  I had to chuckle at the applied tire shine.

And yes, Zombie Jack Lord was horrible.  When I first watched the video you posted I suspected it may be a spoof.  What possible context did they use to put that in the current show? 

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2018, 10:24:54 AM »
Oh.  Bewitched is coming back.  Here's the premise:

Created by black-ish's Kenya Barris, the series will follow an interracial couple Samantha and Darren in our modern world: "Samantha, a hardworking black single mom who happens to be a witch, marries Darren, a white mortal who happens to be a bit of a slacker. They struggle to navigate their differences as she discovers that even when a black girl is literally magic, she’s still not as powerful as a decently tall white man with a full head of hair in America."

::)

I want to puke.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2018, 10:32:05 AM »
The car is cool.  Would love to take a spin in it.  44 years old and still in decent shape.  I had to chuckle at the applied tire shine.

And yes, Zombie Jack Lord was horrible.  When I first watched the video you posted I suspected it may be a spoof.  What possible context did they use to put that in the current show?

@ShayP
For those type of questions, one should seek out Quigley over at the Five-O Home Page.  It is not a spoof. All to real but I imagine they
aren't proud of it.  It may end up being a "lost" episode like the infamous Season 2, Episode 16 Bored She Hung Herself that
was never shown again and is not even in the DVD set of the original series.

See the write up on Season 7, Episode 1 Ready to Play? for Quigley's thoughts on the Zombie.

http://www.fiveohomepage.com/2010-log7.htm

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2018, 11:01:25 AM »
Oh.  Bewitched is coming back.  Here's the premise:

Created by black-ish's Kenya Barris, the series will follow an interracial couple Samantha and Darren in our modern world: "Samantha, a hardworking black single mom who happens to be a witch, marries Darren, a white mortal who happens to be a bit of a slacker. They struggle to navigate their differences as she discovers that even when a black girl is literally magic, she’s still not as powerful as a decently tall white man with a full head of hair in America."

::)

I want to puke.
That show will go nowhere but it is an amazing example of the social programming in modern Hollywood. One wonders who is underwriting this for the tax deduction and to advance the social agendas?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2018, 05:49:14 PM »
@ShayP
For those type of questions, one should seek out Quigley over at the Five-O Home Page.  It is not a spoof. All to real but I imagine they
aren't proud of it.  It may end up being a "lost" episode like the infamous Season 2, Episode 16 Bored She Hung Herself that
was never shown again and is not even in the DVD set of the original series.

See the write up on Season 7, Episode 1 Ready to Play? for Quigley's thoughts on the Zombie.

http://www.fiveohomepage.com/2010-log7.htm

Thanks!

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2018, 05:50:39 PM »
That show will go nowhere but it is an amazing example of the social programming in modern Hollywood. One wonders who is underwriting this for the tax deduction and to advance the social agendas?

I hope it goes nowhere.  I can't take this crap anymore.  Bastardize everything for the sake of an agenda.

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2018, 05:54:00 PM »
Thanks!

You bet man.  Here is a bootleg of the "banned" episode  Bored She Hung Herself

Walks_At_Night

• Hall Of Famer, Morg!
  • Ellevated
  • Morg!
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2018, 06:54:33 PM »
Seems like Selleck is keeping the faith.  Good for him:

There also aren't any fun one-off cameo appearances in the works — in fact, Selleck sounded pretty against the idea when asked about the possibility of a guest stint. "I told them that I won’t do some cameo guest spot to let the audience know I approve," he told TV Insider after noting he's too busy with Blue Bloods to take a behind-scenes role on the Magnum reboot, either. "I’m sure [the fans would] like it, but I have an obligation to my version.

https://www.bustle.com/p/will-tom-selleck-be-on-the-magnum-pi-reboot-the-original-star-has-some-strong-feelings-about-a-return-12016827

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2018, 01:44:04 PM »
So they brought the leftist sitcom, Murphy Brown, back and guess who made a cameo.

"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2018, 01:56:05 PM »
So they brought the leftist sitcom, Murphy Brown, back and guess who made a cameo.

Oh for fucks sake. >:(   When I first heard this was coming back I was a little intrigued.  More curious than anything.  However even before it's new premiere I suspected how this would go.  Thank goodness I chose not to watch the show.  I did watch this clip though.  Oh isn't it cute that Hillary can make light of herself.  Oh joy.  Such a wonderful woman.  That changes everything for me.  I used to see her, or hear her voice, and my first instinct was to chew my tongue off or set myself on fire.  This really changed everything for me.  :D

;)   :P   ;D

Metron

• Nursery Resident
  • KIDD
  • the propinquity of moving electrons
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2018, 02:42:21 PM »
Murphy's "fearless"?

How's that work in the self-referential ego-dome of Hollyweird anyway?

The only people their in fear are conservatives!

https://www.apnews.com/284d8a1d397c40429eca409c5b0b2806
The debut half-hour is “so ambitious and so fearless,” Bergen told a TV critics’ news conference. “During the taping, I turned to Joe (Regalbuto, her co-star) at one point and I said, ‘This show has no fear of anyone.’”

Murphy and her colleagues “are trying to present the facts in a straight down the middle way,” English said. “Their show is issue-oriented and facts, with no personal opinion.”

*snork!*

The Louisiana-born Ford said she reminds her politically “middle-ish” family back home that the joke is frequently on the show’s imperfect characters.

“We are all flawed as human beings ... we all make fun of ourselves, and so the whole point of it is to make people laugh at whatever is going on right now,” Ford said.

21st Century Man

• Ellightened
  • Board Satyr and Fetishmeister
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2018, 08:06:54 PM »
Ugghhhhh!  The ending of (hopefully the only season) The Haunting of Hill House was incredibly warm and uplifting.....NOT the feeling you get after reading the original novel or after seeing the classic Robert Wise movie.  I know this wasn't supposed to be a true adaptation of the novel but it doesn't even stick to the spirit of the original novel which was dark.  And King himself praised this thing?  He's gone soft and fuzzy in the head in his dotage.  The acting was good and there were chilling moments but I'm not a fan.  It was professionally made but WRONG, WRONG, WRONG and DUMB, DUMB, DUMB and I'm not a fan of pessimistic endings in movies or tv.   I'm giving this a 1.5 star rating only because it was technically competent but it clearly missed the point of the original novel.  >:( >:( >:(

I need to wash my head of this tripe by watching the Wise film again. Don't waste your time on this crap.  Watch the inept Neesom monstrosity from the 90's but don't watch this.  Jackson has officially turned over in her grave.

1.5 stars >:( >:( >:(

<Originally posted in the Fave TV shows thread but I realize my mistake and also posted it here. >

Bevare!

"Supernatural, perhaps. Baloney, perhaps not. There are many things under the sun." - Bela Lugosi as Dr. Vitus Verdegast in The Black Cat.

ItsOver

• Ellevated
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2018, 08:21:53 PM »
Oh for fucks sake. >:(   When I first heard this was coming back I was a little intrigued.  More curious than anything.  However even before it's new premiere I suspected how this would go.  Thank goodness I chose not to watch the show.  I did watch this clip though.  Oh isn't it cute that Hillary can make light of herself.  Oh joy.  Such a wonderful woman.  That changes everything for me.  I used to see her, or hear her voice, and my first instinct was to chew my tongue off or set myself on fire.  This really changed everything for me.  :D

;)   :P   ;D
Ha, ha, ha!  Praise Murphy Brown!  We have seen the light!  Hillary OUR Savior!  Hallelujah!  ;D
AntaÅ­en kamaradoj!

🤡 🌎 🤡 🌍 🤡 🌎