Author Topic: A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood  (Read 5238 times)

ShayP

• Ellevated
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
« on: November 26, 2019, 12:42:28 PM »
If you were ever a fan of Mister Rogers then you will enjoy this movie.  The movie centers mostly on the reporter and not Fred Rogers.  However it shows the relationship they developed during the interviews that were done.  It took me a little while to get used to Tom Hank's cadence but eventually it worked.  To me the best part of the movie was the ending.  Just a simple scene where Fred is playing the piano.  What he does while playing, tied into what he said early in the film, will show that he too has to deal with his emotions like everyone else and that he isn't a perfect person as his persona on TV lead people to believe at times.

I liked the style of cutting into the miniature models of the city and the' land of make believe' theme during the movie.  This was more of a storytelling about the reporter's personal conflicts and the influence of Fred Rogers to him. 

It was a very nice film...even if you aren't a Mister Rogers fan.

JUAN

• Ellevated
Re: A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 02:02:00 PM »
I still think Eddie Murphy should have gotten the role. X-scape, children.
Merry Christmas

KSM

• Runneth Over
  • Ellevated
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
    • Real Bad Radio
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 06:32:29 PM »
If you were ever a fan of Mister Rogers then you will enjoy this movie.  The movie centers mostly on the reporter and not Fred Rogers.  However it shows the relationship they developed during the interviews that were done.  It took me a little while to get used to Tom Hank's cadence but eventually it worked.  To me the best part of the movie was the ending.  Just a simple scene where Fred is playing the piano.  What he does while playing, tied into what he said early in the film, will show that he too has to deal with his emotions like everyone else and that he isn't a perfect person as his persona on TV lead people to believe at times.

I liked the style of cutting into the miniature models of the city and the' land of make believe' theme during the movie.  This was more of a storytelling about the reporter's personal conflicts and the influence of Fred Rogers to him. 

It was a very nice film...even if you aren't a Mister Rogers fan.
@ShayP  Did you tear up at any point in the film?

ShayP

• Ellevated
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 01:38:45 PM »
@ShayP  Did you tear up at any point in the film?

@KSM32  No, I did not, although it was touching and reminiscent during some moments.