Author Topic: Celebrity Deaths  (Read 350594 times)

spacegirl

• KMST
  • ////// CARPE CAELO! //////
Re: Celebrity Deaths: Glenn Campbell (of Area 51)
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2018, 07:02:51 PM »
I recall when Art initially had him on thinking that he was going to interview the single-n Campbell of "Wichita Lineman," wrecking-crew, etc fame. But though I wish Art would've interviewed Glen I enjoyed the interview with Glenn! An interesting character to say the least and I'm sad to see his condition but I'm sure he will handle it well. Odd that both Glen/nns seem to have alerted that their health was soon going to get bad and went public with that.

http://glenn-campbell.com/uwcrcn/    Just one interesting story....

Great link!  And now I'm being sucked into the vortex of his sprawling website.

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
Re: Celebrity Deaths
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2018, 07:03:08 PM »
RIP Tab Hunter.

BIO: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002147/bio

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

By Trailer screenshot - Damn Yankees trailer, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5726862

Goomba

• Cuckshacker
  • KMST
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2018, 07:21:02 PM »
Steve Ditko. RIP

No! I was more a Romita era kid but still. :(

Sofia

• Ellightened
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2018, 07:31:28 PM »
I don't know that we'll ever get the zeal of the 90's back.  I was hopeful, then.

Back then the Nevada desert was Mecca for the paranormally inclined. 

Maybe the world has always been as fractioned as it is now — but we could imagine otherwise because we were technological islands.  And now we're confronted daily by the rust that corrodes civilization, and it desiccates optimism.

I don't know.

One of the figures I admired — in the field of the weird — and one of the people I consider synonymous with those "heady days," is Glenn Campbell, who is still alive:

but not for long.

My parents used to listen to music by Glen Campbell, but he only uses one "n" in Glen.

sean92008

• Garage Band
  • Ellevated
  • Wondering if that was the end
    • Not me but an incredible stimulation
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2018, 11:07:57 PM »
https://twitter.com/KOB4/status/1017159892099006465
Joy Junction had this convicted creeper

Eh, nevermind...

Rikki Gins

• Ellevated
  • Alias Frank Albertson
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2018, 06:31:34 PM »

Morgus

• Elluminati
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2018, 02:44:51 PM »

Actor  Roger Perry passed away on Friday 07/13/2018.
He was the guest star in the classic Star Trek episode "Tomorrow Is Yesterday," as Captain John Christopher where the Enterprise accidentally traveled back in time to the 1960s.

Norm

• Elluminati
  • Suck on this TROLLS!
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2018, 09:10:56 PM »
I don't know that we'll ever get the zeal of the 90's back.  I was hopeful, then.

Back then the Nevada desert was Mecca for the paranormally inclined. 

Maybe the world has always been as fractioned as it is now — but we could imagine otherwise because we were technological islands.  And now we're confronted daily by the rust that corrodes civilization, and it desiccates optimism.

I don't know.

One of the figures I admired — in the field of the weird — and one of the people I consider synonymous with those "heady days," is Glenn Campbell, who is still alive:

but not for long.

Damn, I hope Glenn beats this wicked disease, his Tikipoo peak weather station piece was stellar, one of the best.

""Never give up. Never surrender. By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Worvan, you shall be avenged!""

Aldous Burbank

• KNYE
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2018, 12:00:03 PM »
My buddy, Michael G.

He wasn't a real celeb, but he was to me. And also to the many hundreds of people who were lucky enough to know him. Initial reactions to meeting Mike usually ran something like this- first he'd scare you with his physical appearance, kind of like a gnarley tatted caveman with one eye looking at you and the other looking off to the side like he's seeing your aura. Then he'd intrigue you with his sharp mind and wit. Then you'd end up loving him. He was a textbook case of how you can choose the freedom to decide to be who you need to be as you become more self aware. He did prison time for offing a dude with a knife who was beating a woman. In the penitentiary he became an Aryan Brotherhood member with the tats and all- full back swastika, teardrop on his face, and the words Speedy McGreedy on his neck. Following his release he ended up at a rainbow gathering where he converted to a non tweeker, loving and peaceful dude. He ended up doing security for the Grateful
Dead for several years and was widely known as Rainbow Mike, or Handsome- a tribute to his intimidating looks. When I met him he was still a pretty hard drinker but after introducing him to sweat and tipi ceremonies he left that behind as well. He eventually met a beautiful woman and they loved each other so much they were like one thing. I performed their wedding ceremony on an outdoor altar with two Harleys and a mixed posse of hardcore bikers with colors, tie dyed hippies, and absolutely normal church folks. Mike loved everybody and he had a way of bringing us all together as one eclectic tribe. A couple of years back he was diagnosed with lung cancer so we flew him and his wife here to California and put him through the rigors of two Native American Church healing ceremonies, which were immediately followed by surgery back in his home state.  I believe that those prayers and his will to live contributed to his complete remission as he was pronounced cancer free 6 months ago. During one of the ceremonies he promised to all of us that he refused to let cancer take him out. He was true to his word. A few days ago he had a freak accident by which he fell and broke his neck. We can hardly believe it as Mike was one of the strongest, most indestructible appearing men I've ever met. As my son said- He was made of steel. But even steel breaks I guess. Now I'm getting ready to board a plane to Montana as his widow has asked me to lead the ceremony/celebration for one of the most amazing people I've ever known.

He called me just over a week ago and we had a long talk about friends and family and this brief opportunity we're given to explore, learn, and love. I'm so glad I had the presence of mind to tell him how much I love and appreciate him just before we ended the call. Life is delicate no matter how strong you are. It's a good thing to remember.

wr250

• Elluminati
  • tux the magic penguin
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2018, 01:23:23 PM »
you have my condolences for the loss of your friend. may your travels be safe.
statistics can be used to prove anything. 14% of the people know this.
https://lptd.home.blog/

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2018, 06:55:44 PM »
My buddy, Michael G.

He wasn't a real celeb, but he was to me. And also to the many hundreds of people who were lucky enough to know him. Initial reactions to meeting Mike usually ran something like this- first he'd scare you with his physical appearance, kind of like a gnarley tatted caveman with one eye looking at you and the other looking off to the side like he's seeing your aura. Then he'd intrigue you with his sharp mind and wit. Then you'd end up loving him. He was a textbook case of how you can choose the freedom to decide to be who you need to be as you become more self aware. He did prison time for offing a dude with a knife who was beating a woman. In the penitentiary he became an Aryan Brotherhood member with the tats and all- full back swastika, teardrop on his face, and the words Speedy McGreedy on his neck. Following his release he ended up at a rainbow gathering where he converted to a non tweeker, loving and peaceful dude. He ended up doing security for the Grateful
Dead for several years and was widely known as Rainbow Mike, or Handsome- a tribute to his intimidating looks. When I met him he was still a pretty hard drinker but after introducing him to sweat and tipi ceremonies he left that behind as well. He eventually met a beautiful woman and they loved each other so much they were like one thing. I performed their wedding ceremony on an outdoor altar with two Harleys and a mixed posse of hardcore bikers with colors, tie dyed hippies, and absolutely normal church folks. Mike loved everybody and he had a way of bringing us all together as one eclectic tribe. A couple of years back he was diagnosed with lung cancer so we flew him and his wife here to California and put him through the rigors of two Native American Church healing ceremonies, which were immediately followed by surgery back in his home state.  I believe that those prayers and his will to live contributed to his complete remission as he was pronounced cancer free 6 months ago. During one of the ceremonies he promised to all of us that he refused to let cancer take him out. He was true to his word. A few days ago he had a freak accident by which he fell and broke his neck. We can hardly believe it as Mike was one of the strongest, most indestructible appearing men I've ever met. As my son said- He was made of steel. But even steel breaks I guess. Now I'm getting ready to board a plane to Montana as his widow has asked me to lead the ceremony/celebration for one of the most amazing people I've ever known.

He called me just over a week ago and we had a long talk about friends and family and this brief opportunity we're given to explore, learn, and love. I'm so glad I had the presence of mind to tell him how much I love and appreciate him just before we ended the call. Life is delicate no matter how strong you are. It's a good thing to remember.

Condolences, sounds like he was lucky to have such a good friend and sounds like he was an interesting person.

Jerry "The King" Lawler's son dead, apparently by his own hand. Sad. And Nicolai Volkoff and Brickhouse Brow also have died. Threes. RIP.
https://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/the-wrap/article/Former-WWE-Wrestler-Brian-Christopher-13114628.php

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/nikolai-volkoff-wwe-hall-of-famer-dies-at-70/ar-BBLdEsC?li=BBnb7Kz&OCID=ansmsnnews11

https://prowrestling.net/site/2018/07/29/brickhouse-brown-dead-at-age-57/

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1023609122158141442

Aldous Burbank

• KNYE
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2018, 07:47:17 PM »
Dang that's a lot of wrestlers getting the full nelson.

albrecht

• Ellightened
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2018, 08:48:31 AM »
Dang that's a lot of wrestlers getting the full nelson.

Indeed.

Speaking of the Aryan Brotherhood:

Barry Byron "Baron" Mills dead.

BARRY BYRON MILLS
Register Number: 14559-116
Race:    White
Sex:    Male
Deceased: 07/08/2018

https://calgaryherald.com/news/world/aryan-brotherhood-gang-leader-dies-in-colorado-prison/wcm/ff731e7e-b7be-420b-aa14-89aea16529b1

ps: since when can you wear sunglasses in an arrest or prison photo??

paladin1991

• Nuthin Is Unpossible
  • Ellevated
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2018, 03:13:27 PM »
My buddy, Michael G.

Ah, Aldous, my bro, sorry for your loss.